• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATL South VENGEANCE ’08 Orlando, Florida 11/14 & 11/15

SheerMadness

Smash Master
There should be more Florida tourneys which include both Brawl and Melee. I think both games would attract a lot more attendees for each other. Obviously the only issue is time.

Calm Warrior

Smash Cadet
uh i was wondering

you don't seem to have any systems listed for any of the games, so unless you have arcade cabinets for each one (which would be sweet), i don't know which system to "bring my controllers and converters" for.
The systems that are going to be used are.

PS2 and PS3
Gear
Cvs2
SoCal 4
ST (maybe)
alpha
Kofxi

Dreamcast
ST
Marvel

Wii
Brawl

Gamecube
Melee(still considering this)

Add Soul Calibur 4 and Neo Geo BC
I am adding soul calibur 4

There should be more Florida tourneys which include both Brawl and Melee. I think both games would attract a lot more attendees for each other. Obviously the only issue is time.
That is a very real and serious consideration that i have right now.

I will leave what ever smash we do at $10 and that will be final on that one.

its $5 for both days of parking that is not a huge deal. Carpool people. (just make sure no one has to go home early.)

I am seriously considering this. So on the 14th you guys would definitely want the brawl doubles.

I need you guys to start registering so i can see the numbers. Also if you are registering a team for brawl please have one person register for the team, thanks.

David.

Also feel free to pm or email me any question you have that i don't get to within a few days.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wait, theres online preregistration this time? we cant pay at the door?

Frames

DI
The systems that are going to be used are.

PS2 and PS3
Gear
Cvs2
SoCal 4
ST (maybe)
alpha
Kofxi

Dreamcast
ST
Marvel

Wii
Brawl

Gamecube
Melee(still considering this)
awesome but....you forgot 3s.......ur still running it right? if so dc plz so i can bring my setup lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if you cant have both games (melee and brawl), i say just have brawl. The tourney was originially to be brawl anyway.

also, i was thinking about it and if gigs were to have another melee gigs, it would fall on this date, so there'd already be a melee tourney in orlando that day

Zoro

Smash Champion
Zorro wanna team for this assuming they have melee????
This is probable as marin will not be attending tournaments for a while
but i need money so lets hope i can get this job that i have an interview for today and so i can have that moneys.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sweet good luck, gdx no melee no brawl, we could do brawl doubles melee singles?
lol. alot of people arent going to show if there isnt brawl singles (including myself). Attendnace goes like this

Brawl + Melee > brawl > melee

So, if they want the most people, and they can only pick one game, they pick brawl, which is what it was last time and what was originally planned for this time. If they can though, they should do both singles and doubles of both games.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
^^^best sig of all time, can you're friend make me a sig??

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
^^^best sig of all time, can you're friend make me a sig??
what? you already have the best sig

evil peach HAD the best sig, but he changed it. the DBZ peach was amazing

Linguini

Smash Master
Oh...how wrong you tWo are, because my sig is the ****ing best.anyone who was here in 06 remembers.

OLD SCHOOL LINGUINI SIG IS BACK GET OFF MAH NUTS

Gingerr

Smash Lord
This is probable as marin will not be attending tournaments for a while
but i need money so lets hope i can get this job that i have an interview for today and so i can have that moneys.
Why not? :[

Leh

Smash Ace
Im the only one with a good sig.
Get at me.

Also have melee at this instead of brawl.
**** Brawl

Calm Warrior

Smash Cadet
wait, theres online preregistration this time? we cant pay at the door?
Yes there is. But you are still paying at the door. I need to put in the work of organizing and seeding before day of tournament. So i need you guys to do that. If you don't you pay more.

awesome but....you forgot 3s.......ur still running it right? if so dc plz so i can bring my setup lol
yes 3s will be there on the ps2.

Im the only one with a good sig.
Get at me.

Also have melee at this instead of brawl.
**** Brawl
I have been thinking about this and tell me what you guys think. I would do the brawl team tournament and melee singles on friday night and brawl singles on the next day of the 15th. Or if it's running over. Finish everything on the 15th. And I only have a few registered people for melee so far.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
calm I know you asked me to help run the smash portion, but I will be in NY at that time, I can recommend someone that could help you with the smash section of you're tourney for sure.

Calm Warrior

Smash Cadet
calm I know you asked me to help run the smash portion, but I will be in NY at that time, I can recommend someone that could help you with the smash section of you're tourney for sure.
Cool, have the person pm me.

Guys being that it's almost one month away i would like to finalize everything now. I am waiting on the community to let me know what they would like to do.

Friday night.
Brawl- Teams
Melee - Singles

Saturday
Brawl - Singles

Also i'm closing pre-registration after the november 7th.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

Guys being that it's almost one month away i would like to finalize everything now. I am waiting on the community to let me know what they would like to do.

Friday night.
Brawl- Teams
Melee - Singles

Saturday
Brawl - Singles

that seems pretty good to me man. Leave it like that.

Ill preregister today for both brawl events

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

Friday night.
Brawl- Teams
Melee - Singles

Saturday
Brawl - Singles

No Melee? Complete fail.
No reading skills? Completely owned

have fun playing melee friday night, if you go. OR you could be like one of the many people who complain about their not being melee tourneys then never go to them. I hope you're not the 2nd

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I'm excited for this tournament, but I want to go up a day early to catch a show in Orlando :[

Leh

Smash Ace
Wait what tourney is this?
Ginger is nexus going + peter?

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Arcade Renaissance, lol.
Yeah, we all plan on going, and were discussing car situations last night because we know all of us plus Cary and maybe others are going to want to go, but I'm pretty sure you have an automatic spot in Steven's car.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I WANNA COME!!!!!!!!!!. **** BRAWL! melee will always>brawl. theo nly people thta hate melee or like brawl better are the people who are just madd they kept getting owned in melee and will be the same with brawl lol so might as well hate both games

Frames

DI
I noticed you guys are doing region/crew battles, are you guys planning on doing crews for smash too, or just the other fighting games?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I WANNA COME!!!!!!!!!!. **** BRAWL! melee will always>brawl. theo nly people thta hate melee or like brawl better are the people who are just madd they kept getting owned in melee and will be the same with brawl lol so might as well hate both games
nah chops. even though i like brawl more, there are plenty of competitive videogames that I like that i either suck horrible *** at or dont even play, such as 3rd strike, Madden 2009, Soul Calibur 4, guilty gear, and CvS2. So me getting owned in melee isnt the reason i like brawl more, cause i get owned in other games too, while still liking them.

Top Bottom