• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATL South PSO-

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
I LOEV PSO

unf. i cannot bring myself to play an mmo i would hate myself for it afterward

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god, it's been years since I played this game online. Had some good times and a couple of tragedies caused by memory card failures. A level 121 HUmar on my first memory card and a level 153 HUmar on my second, both lost forever.

I started over fairly recently, and I've got a level 28 FOmarl right now. Now that I've seen this, I want to play again, but I'd need a broadband adapter. I already tried and my old dial-up connector doesn't work.

Epic game. I wanna get back into it now.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
you run as fast as you walk

just an animation change and you don't really speed up
that part turned me off so much

it's like playing castlevania without dashing, it's too vast to just move through everything. :[
if it wasn't like that I would play

Nite

Smash Champion
Hahaha. You made a thread, Mike.

Hit me up on aim guys. R7Nite

I'm a beast.

Edit- If anyone wants to know how to play, let me know. Lol.

Philmaster- We are talking about Blue Burst. You wouldn't need a broadband adapter to play. Join in. :D

You do run faster than you walk btw.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Eh. :|
I don't like the fact that its not a real game.
Sega no longer supports the original PSO and most private servers for MMOs are not worth the time since even the most "reliable Private Servers" can go down at any moment. I've played on a few different private servers for different MMOs over the past few years and they all never failed to crash eventually and shut down.
So I kinda rather suggest people to NOT play on Private Servers.

Besides, there are a ton of better free MMOs out there than PSO that have legit servers.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'm usually on at after hours but I'm also still available to help anyone who needs. Just me up on AIM at Outawshokker

Nite

Smash Champion
Besides, there are a ton of better free MMOs out there than PSO that have legit servers.
That would be an opinion. =)

A lot of people play it for nostalgic reasons. And this server is the only private server really. If anyone plays BB, they play on this server. It's pretty reliable. It's been up and running for years now.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
schthack is pretty legit it's true

MAN i want to play but i don't want to play at the same time NOOOOOOO PSO

Nite

Smash Champion
Haha, I feel ya. One of the reasons I can come back and play PSO after all these years is because it can be a very casual game. I'll log on and play with friends for a little bit and that'll be it. You don't gotta play all the time to have fun with it.

I used to be addicted to it, but now I can play it casually.

Laijin

Smash Hero
That would be an opinion. =)

A lot of people play it for nostalgic reasons. And this server is the only private server really. If anyone plays BB, they play on this server. It's pretty reliable. It's been up and running for years now.
Yea that last bit was purely opinion. But thats pretty cool. Hopefully they'll keep it up for much longer.

Nite

Smash Champion
Laijin- What mmos do you play? Just curious. You are right about private servers generally failing, so I'm glad this one is actually good.

Nite

Smash Champion
Hell yea, Marty. <3

Rock- PSOBB Setup Full Install with JP Patch

That's what you'll download. All you need. That's my boy Rockcock.

This is gonna be awesome. Lmao

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I've been trying to get on all day but every time I try, I get a "Cannot create file "xxx"" problem. I still want to play this, but it may be a while before I get it fixed.
It just does that- its weird.

the solution is to open the folder you installed PSO into using Windows Explorer or a program like it, and open online.exe from there.

Yeah its annoying to do that everytime, but thats how it is. lol.

Another common question:
Use options.exe to make PSO windowed so you can do other stuff while having the program up.

Rockcrock plays now!
=D

someone lead me through this silly game.
Jamaal, sleepy/Mike G/Nite will probably be on sometime tonight. Sadly I have to be at work.
Contact them for tutorials/exp help.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
you run as fast as you walk

just an animation change and you don't really speed up
that part turned me off so much

it's like playing castlevania without dashing, it's too vast to just move through everything. :[
if it wasn't like that I would play

This and the file size is why I'm not doing it.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
I think I still have my account there with my lvl 74 (forgot what class). I have max amounts of moneys thanks to joining some group who were abusing a bug :x Haven't played in forever, though.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I've got an account on schtserv already. Kind of surprised ya'll just figured this out since schtserv has been up for awhile now. I've got a lvl 40 account or so. My emachines motherboard fried like a year b4 so i only have my laptop and the graphics card on here is even worse than the emachines so it makes it very undesirable to play. I only play it every once in awhile because of it. Sheikssbm and ****** play this game frequently with lvl 100+ characters so u guys could probally msg them for some good games.

Nite

Smash Champion
I've got an account on schtserv already. Kind of surprised ya'll just figured this out since schtserv has been up for awhile now. I've got a lvl 40 account or so. My emachines motherboard fried like a year b4 so i only have my laptop and the graphics card on here is even worse than the emachines so it makes it very undesirable to play. I only play it every once in awhile because of it. Sheikssbm and ****** play this game frequently with lvl 100+ characters so u guys could probally msg them for some good games.
Oh, I've been on this server for a few years. My main's 200 and I've got a few 150+

We are just looking for some smashers to play with. Once you get a good graphics card, come play. :D Sheikssbm and ****** need to get up in here to exchange guild cards.

I'm working tonight too, so hit me up tomorrow guys.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Lol, this is too good.

So I finally got registered after a lol-mishap yesterday. Load up PSO, and as soon as it starts going in, AVG starts going crazy like "Hold up ***** something's wrong with this."

I was like "..... ya know, I wouldnt be surprised of AVG is lying out it's ***, but that's a good enough reason for me NOT to break down and play an MMO"

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
most controllers work, yes :) i hooked up my ps3 pad to it and it works flawlessly

Rock congrats on 10 haha! catch me on again 2morrow night for massive pwrlvls! :psycho:

Nite

Smash Champion
Like Mike said, most controllers work. You can still use joy2key if you want though. I do just to make use of the extra buttons.

Andy- That's a good question. I don't know anything about macs. Hahaha.

Top Bottom