• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, that’s exactly what happened with Banjo and Kazooie. The team wasn’t trying to rep Microsoft, they chose Banjo based on the series popularity and history with Nintendo.
Great point, I don't know how I forgot about that. In all fairness though, it's also weird to me that Banjo is a Microsoft rep. It's a very similar case to Doomguy, because I consider Banjo a Rare rep, yet he is technically a Microsoft rep. I consider Doomguy an id Software rep, yet he is technically a Bethesda rep. We live in strange times.

Last edited:

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Great point, I don't know how I forgot about that. In all fairness though, it's also weird to me that Banjo is a Microsoft rep. It's a very similar case to Doomguy, because I consider Banjo a Rare rep, yet he is technically a Microsoft rep. I consider Doomguy an id Software rep, yet he is technically a Bethesda rep. We live in strange times.
Actually, if Doom Slayer were to get in, the copyright characters would probably say ZeniMax Media for him.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If Doom Guy got into Super Smash bros Ultimate, Bethesda would be in the copyright.

Before you ask, no this isn't real. this is just a mock up. I hope no one takes this and turns it into a leak. I just made this as a "Can you imagine" kind of thing.

Bethesda.png

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Do you think Nintendo can get away with Doom Slayer Glory Killing someone on-screen in his trailer if it's someone that doesn't have actual blood?

Like, for example, imagine if Dark Samus was the one Glory Killed on screen. She's fighting a Simon, Link and Ryu for a bit before suddenly, Doom Slayer comes up from behind and impales her with his Doomblade on screen. I feel they could get away with having Dark Samus as the victim because she would bleed Phazon instead of blood. And on top of that, it could add to how epic it would be if Phazon tendrils tried to kill Doom Slayer before he deals a real blow that kills her.

Besides, they had Ridley kill Mario and Mega Man (With discretion filters, I know), and they also had Death kill Luigi.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Do you think Nintendo can get away with Doom Slayer Glory Killing someone on-screen in his trailer if it's someone that doesn't have actual blood?

Like, for example, imagine if Dark Samus was the one Glory Killed on screen. She's fighting a Simon, Link and Ryu for a bit before suddenly, Doom Slayer comes up from behind and impales her with his Doomblade on screen. I feel they could get away with having Dark Samus as the victim because she would bleed Phazon instead of blood. And on top of that, it could add to how epic it would be if Phazon tendrils tried to kill Doom Slayer before he deals a real blow that kills her.

Besides, they had Ridley kill Mario and Mega Man (With discretion filters, I know), and they also had Death kill Luigi.
Less kill, more 'ripped out from his body'

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
Actually, if Doom Slayer were to get in, the copyright characters would probably say ZeniMax Media for him.
Seems about right considering that Zenimax owns Bethesda as well, i'm pretty sure Zenimax was the company that bought id. Everyone assumes it was Bethesda, since they are also owned by Zenimax. So that would make Bethesda a sister studio, and not the company that owns id.

Like you mentioned, they could do it in a very similar way as the Ridley reveal trailer. I doubt there would be blood though, even if the whole scene was nothing but shadows.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Like you mentioned, they could do it in a very similar way as the Ridley reveal trailer. I doubt there would be blood though, even if the whole scene was nothing but shadows.
Yeah, just like how Joker's All Out Attack had to have blood be replaced with stars even though they are silhouettes.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The copyright for DOOM is listed as © id Software LLC, a ZeniMax Media company.

Bethesda is only listed under the copyrights for their logo. Seems like the IP is held by id and ZeniMax, and Bethesda, as ZeniMax's publishing arm, just handles those duties without actually owning any part of the game (apart from publishing/distribution rights). So it seems like they wouldn't be credited.

Graizen

Smash Champion
This was posted on 4Chan some days ago aparently:

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/473284895/#q473284895

Doomguy is a mix between his classic look and his modern look, while the full on modern look is a skin. They really went all out on his moveset. His stage is literally called "smash.wad"

Agumon is the final character to end off the pack. He is still in very early development as of right now. But I know that his moveset is based primarily off of the Digimon Battle Arena games.

Bandana Waddle Dee is in development as a free extra if you bought the fighters pass. Pretty ****ty if you ask me.

What you guys think?

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Doomguy is a mix between his classic look and his modern look, while the full on modern look is a skin. They really went all out on his moveset. His stage is literally called "smash.wad"

Agumon is the final character to end off the pack. He is still in very early development as of right now. But I know that his moveset is based primarily off of the Digimon Battle Arena games.

Bandana Waddle Dee is in development as a free extra if you bought the fighters pass. Pretty ****ty if you ask me.

What you guys think?
I dunno, man. 4chan leaks are always sketchy. Although, the stage choice for Doom Slayer is interesting, making it a WAD. But would low-poly stages with sprites really work in this scenario? I know we have the N64 stages, but just making them flat out WAD-based...I dunno. There’s a difference between N64 graphics and Doom WADs, and the latter seems pretty out of place for a Smash stage. But what do I know? People would think Mementos would be boring before it was revealed and look how they did it.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

What you guys think?
As much as I want Doom Guy in Smash Bros, I don't believe it since it's from 4Chan. Sadly we won't know if this is true or not until Autumn rolls around.

Voe

Smash Journeyman

What you guys think?
I'm calling this rumor a fake.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Bandanna Waddle Dee is the thing that kills that leak.

Also, Digimon is ineligible for Smash. Tomodachi toys don't count as a video game. Some people try and compare it to G&W, but that's not a good comparison. For one G&W was Nintendo, and two, Game & Watch is considered a portable console.

Last edited:

Holphino

Smash Apprentice

What you guys think?
Sounds to good to be true, which means it probably is. If the Doom stage was named smash.wad, i'd probably literally die.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ha, smash.wad would be clever.

But there’s no reason to believe that rumor.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Bandanna Waddle Dee is the thing that kills that leak.

Also, Digimon is ineligible for Smash. Tomodachi toys don't count as a video game. Some people try and compare it to G&W, but that's not a good comparison. For one G&W was Nintendo, and two, Game & Watch is considered a portable console.
Actually, Tamagotchi IS a video game. Because one of the workers of Digimon claimed that Digimon started and I quote him, "Digimon started as an LCD game." AKA, Tamagotchi.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

What you guys think?
I think smash.wad, Agumon and Bandana Dee (and just getting a free extra - which makes no sense on Nintendo's end) give it away.

Doom Slayer is actually the only thing not super questionable about it.

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
I think smash.wad, Agumon and Bandana Dee (and just getting a free extra - which makes no sense on Nintendo's end) give it away.

Doom Slayer is actually the only thing not super questionable about it.
Doomguy being the most rational thing in that leak is hilarious to think about. I find Bandana Dee to be very suspicious, considering the fact that he's already a spirit. I'm under the impression that spirits deconfirm characters, at least until proven otherwise. Piranha Plant didn't have a spirit until he was revealed to be a fighter. That's weird because every other common Mario enemy had spirits already, all of them except Piranha Plant of course. Then Piranha Plant gets revealed and he gets a fighter spirit, so there's obviously some correlation. Bandana Dee is already a spirit, I feel like if he was a fighter then he wouldn't have a spirit already.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Doomguy being the most rational thing in that leak is hilarious to think about. I find Bandana Dee to be very suspicious, considering the fact that he's already a spirit. I'm under the impression that spirits deconfirm characters, at least until proven otherwise. Piranha Plant didn't have a spirit until he was revealed to be a fighter. That's weird because every other common Mario enemy had spirits already, all of them except Piranha Plant of course. Then Piranha Plant gets revealed and he gets a fighter spirit, so there's obviously some correlation. Bandana Dee is already a spirit, I feel like if he was a fighter then he wouldn't have a spirit already.
I do think if a character has a spirit, it means they were passed over for playability (barring any possible future passes), but even if that isn't the case, I just think Bandana Dee is a red flag on any leak simply because Sakurai doesn't appear to give two ****s about that character, despite the popularity. There's a lot of precedent for Sakurai looking past Kirby stuff he didn't have a hand in, and I think it's clear that extends to BD. People go on about FE, but that's the actual Sakurai bias at play.

And I mean, Agumon and smash.wad are self-explanatory (to most).

ryuu seika

Smash Master
1) What makes you think that that opinion is Sakurai's?
2) Wouldn't that also make Tamagotchi ineligible for Mario Kart?
3) ROB's original form was a peripheral for god's sake.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
1) What makes you think that that opinion is Sakurai's?
2) Wouldn't that also make Tamagotchi ineligible for Mario Kart?
3) ROB's original form was a peripheral for god's sake.
One of the workers of Digimon Survive said that Digimon started as an LCD game (AKA, Tamagotchi). So Tamagotchi are in fact gaming handhelds.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
One of the workers of Digimon Survive said that Digimon started as an LCD game (AKA, Tamagotchi). So Tamagotchi are in fact gaming handhelds.
Okay, Tamagotchi's count as games, fine. Though using R.O.B. as an argument is silly because it's still Nintendo.

Anyway, this the Doom Slayer thread, not a Digimon thread. Doom Slayer should be in Smash and I think has a good bit better chance at being in Smash than Agumon.

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Okay, Tamagotchi's count as games, fine. Though using R.O.B. as an argument is silly because it's still Nintendo.

Anyway, this the Doom Slayer thread, not a Digimon thread. Doom Slayer should be in Smash and I think has a good bit better chance at being in Smash than Agumon.
I know, just saying. But yeah, perhaps you're right. Doom Slayer has a good chance to be in Smash after all.

But hey guys, given the fact that Doom Slayer is fighting both the forces of Heaven and Hell in Eternal, imagine seeing a fan art about it in Smash Bros. where he is fighting both Galeem AND Dharkon.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I had a thought about Doom Slayer’s guns:

In the original Doom games, Doom Slayer can’t aim upwards at will. The game automatically targets the demons’ vertical position. So how about this: in addition to Mega Man style moving and shooting, Doom Slayer’s guns have a hitbox similar to Palutena’s Autoreticle? Or would that be too OP for certain guns like the rocket launcher or more importantly the Gauss cannon?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So I had a thought about Doom Slayer’s guns:

In the original Doom games, Doom Slayer can’t aim upwards at will. The game automatically targets the demons’ vertical position. So how about this: in addition to Mega Man style moving and shooting, Doom Slayer’s guns have a hitbox similar to Palutena’s Autoreticle? Or would that be too OP for certain guns like the rocket launcher or more importantly the Gauss cannon?
Yeah I think it'd be too spammy. You could just sit there and press the b button over and over. Not very fun for the opponent.

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
I know, just saying. But yeah, perhaps you're right. Doom Slayer has a good chance to be in Smash after all.

But hey guys, given the fact that Doom Slayer is fighting both the forces of Heaven and Hell in Eternal, imagine seeing a fan art about it in Smash Bros. where he is fighting both Galeem AND Dharkon.
Speaking of which, if the following were to be his official Smash poster, who would stand in for the demons and other characters?
UdFljsX.jpg

The Seraphim/Makyr in the centre could easily be translated into Galeem, while that Black hole not the very centre could hold a Smash logo. I'd be curious as to what people think could serve as appropriate replacements.

Last edited:

Holphino

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of which, if the following were to be his official Smash poster, who would stand in for the demons and other characters?
View attachment 234160
The Seraphim/Makyr in the centre could easily be translated into Galeem, while that Black hole not the very centre could hold a Smash logo. I'd be curious as to what people think could serve as appropriate replacements.
That's a good idea, I couldn't tell you any replacements though. All I can say is, if Doomguy really is in. Then I would like to see his poster involve Mario in some way. I grew up with Mario and Doom so seeing them together would be huge for me. Maybe they could have his poster be him fighting the original 8 or something of that nature. If I don't get a poster like that it's fine, just having him in the game is enough for me.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
View attachment 234160
Yeah I'd put Galeem in the middle with all the shadow puppets in place of the other angels and demons. Like the Angels replaced with Galeem's puppets and the Demons replaced with Dharkon's puppets.

It's just a shame that a poster won't happen though... It's such a shame they stopped after Inkling.

Last edited:

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'd put Galeem in the middle with all the shadow puppets in place of the other angels and demons. Like the Angels replaced with Galeem's puppets and the Demons replaced with Dharkon's puppets.

It's just a shame that a poster won't happen though... It's such a shame they stopped after Inkling.
I can see one of the workers of id Software make some illustration art regarding Doom Slayer vs the Smash cast. Like what Kouhou (Persona 5) did with Joker's illustration.

KillerCage

Smash Master
PapaGenos released a video today and our thread got highlighted!
At the timestamp 18:23, PapaGenos brought attention to the curious T rating in Hero's Demo Trailer. He even referred to my post showing that Joker's showcase trailer didn't have that "T" rating. This directly leads to his discussion of Doom Slayer in Smash.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
At the timestamp 18:23, PapaGenos brought attention to the curious T rating in Hero's Demo Trailer. He even referred to my post showing that Joker's showcase trailer didn't have that "T" rating. This directly leads to his discussion of Doom Slayer in Smash.
The teen rating is pretty much because Dragon Quest 11 is rated teen. That's why there are two separate age ratings.

Microsoft wasn't revealed in the copyright section until Banjo & Kazooie were shown so why bump up the age rating for something that hasn't been shown yet?

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
So what could you guys see on a DOOM spirit board?

Revenat: :ultdarksamus: (white & red color) with rocket pack
Pinky: :ultbowser: (pink color)
Archvile: :ultincineroar: (yellow color)
Cacodemon :ultkirby: (red color)

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Revenat: :ultdarksamus: (white & red color) with rocket pack
Pinky: :ultbowser: (pink color)
Archvile: :ultincineroar: (yellow color)
Cacodemon :ultkirby: (red color)
Spider Mastermind: Metal :ultivysaur: (Gray colors) with Super Scope
Mancubus: Giant :ultkrool: (Yellow colors) that prefers Neutral B
Hell Knight: Giant :ultlucario: (Grey colors)
Night Sentinels: :ultchrom:, :ultcorrin:, :ultrobin:, :ultshulk:, :ultganondorf: (All white colors), Doom Slayer (Default)

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
UAC Scientist: :ultdoc: (blue) is swayed by promised power. Keep him away from any Fake Smash Balls or it's game over.
Maledict: :ultridley: (grey) is giant
Samuel Hayden: :ultrob: (grey) with beam sword and is immune to all projectiles

Last edited:

PublicServant

Smash Journeyman
Imp: :ultmario: Uses only Neutral B and Jabs
Baron of Hell: Giant :ultluigi: (Pink Alt). Uses only Neutral B and Jabs
Pinky: :ultwario: (Pink alt.) Uses only Neutral and Side-b. Cannot change directions when using Side-b.
Spectre: :ultwario: Identical to the above, except invisible.
Pain Elemental: Giant :ultolimar: with Super Leaf. Can float indefinitely and throws an unlimited number of Fire Pikmin.
Olivia Pierce: :ultbayonetta: (Jeanne alt) equipped with a Black Hole. Uses only Bullet Climax and Bullet Art attacks.

Top Bottom