At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

EarlTamm

Smash Lord
so something new has popped up in Smash news that might concern Doomguys inclusion in DLC

View attachment 176306
Nintendo was the one who chose the DLC selection this time around, it seems

i'm hoping Nintendo included 3rd Parties that support the Switch in their selection, but only time will tell
Well, I don't know what this means for Doom Slayer. From the sounds of it, Sakurai was given a list of what he was allowed to do rather than Nintendo outright saying what exact 5 he must do.

jokermelee

Smash Cadet
Well, I don't know what this means for Doom Slayer. From the sounds of it, Sakurai was given a list of what he was allowed to do rather than Nintendo outright saying what exact 5 he must do.
if the selection for DLC this time was made by Nintendo, then those from a couple months ago between Bethesda and Nintendo about Smash that Pete Hines mentioned in an interview lines up with Doomguy possibly being one of those selected as DLC

let's think of this from Nintendo's point of view as well, if they're gonna put in characters as DLC, they're gonna want to put in characters that have games coming out soon. Out of all the possible Bethesda reps, Doomguy has an upcoming game release in 2019 with Doom Eternal, and on the Switch as well! So it would make sense to select him for a possible DLC candidate considering that, as well as his contributions to gaming as a whole.

all in all, this piece of news makes me feel like Doomguy has a better chance at being DLC than before, but that's just me

cool mario bros

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don’t see how that’d hurt Doomguy. Remember that if Verge and Hitagi are to be believed, we’re getting a SE character and Steve, which means Nintendo wanted those characters, who are 3rd party.

I totally see Nintendo bringing up the fact that Bethesda wants a character to Sakurai, and then Sakurai picks Doomguy due to his gaming legacy. This actually bodes extremely well for us.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Journeyman
Which means the Switch trailer ending with the Doom Guy getting an envelope with the Smash logo has a better chance of happening. Well, as long as it's next year.
Actually, I’d imagine Doom Slayer finding something similar to the Slayer Testaments of 2016, but instead of his mark, it’s the Smash Cross. I even thought of a prophecy that basically says that Hell would banish Doom Slayer to the World of Smash Bros, where he’d fight them for eternity without him intruding in their plans for a hypothetical trailer.

I only made an account here so i could share a post with ideas and talk about Doomguy as a potential Smash fighter.
Think of it as a "megapost" that was meant to collect stuff related to the topic, be it why he should be in, how he could work or ways to work around his "red flags".
It's not a perfect post, may have some mistakes, poor grammar or missing something because it was technically rushed.
But it should have enough to make discussion more interesting.
https://medium.com/@bigfunnygun9000...eat-addition-for-smash-long-post-7c00b53022e6

NukeA6

Smash Master
I only made an account here so i could share a post with ideas and talk about Doomguy as a potential Smash fighter.
Think of it as a "megapost" that was meant to collect stuff related to the topic, be it why he should be in, how he could work or ways to work around his "red flags".
It's not a perfect post, may have some mistakes, poor grammar or missing something because it was technically rushed.
But it should have enough to make discussion more interesting.
https://medium.com/@bigfunnygun9000...eat-addition-for-smash-long-post-7c00b53022e6
That blog post is gonna take me some time to get done. You mind telling who the Japanese Doom artist is? I really gotta know because it's not often I see Japanese fans of any game from the West.