• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Melee's End - Pro Impact CCSC Championship - Calgary, AB (Dec. 15th-16th)

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Important!

I GOTTA BE AT THE AIRPORT BY 6PM ON SUNDAY EVENING, SO ASSUMING I MAKE TOP 5 LETS MAKE THIS TOURNAMENT RUN AS SMOOTHLY AND AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. ok? Thanks:)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I swear to god. If Eric has to go and someone stalls his match so he can't finish it I will personally come and break your thumbs. :)

I might still come to this. ****en eh. If I come Randall can u prepare a big fat blunt for us to smoke on sunday? =D

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Adam, if you go, we're teaming. and by the way, if you want to come, you gotta buy your tickets like NOW. or else it will be 248. seriously. you can be back monday morning. or tuesday morning.

I still don't have a team mate, I thought I was good at the game.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Randall, are you set for T.V.s and gamecubes and things?
How much spending money should I have?

btw, Calgary players: invite your FRIENDS. This is a once in a lifetime chance, pretty much. More players = longer brackets = extended fun!

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Randall, are you set for T.V.s and gamecubes and things?
How much spending money should I have?

btw, Calgary players: invite your FRIENDS. This is a once in a lifetime chance, pretty much. More players = longer brackets = extended fun!
Alot of people say "Why should i spend $20 for something that I'm going to lose at?"- It REALLY annoys me when people say that.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
At Melee's End--as it stands!!! WHAAAT!

...one more banner for good measure....

HOUSING -- THE SITUATION AS IT STANDS!!

This is probably going to be one of the last information posts I'll be able to make about the tournament before the whole thing goes down; peoples are arriving from both sides of the country today and I've pretty much done all I can on the administrative side.

Out-of-towners!

I'm going to assume that if you're coming in from out of town that you know for a fact that you have been registered. I have gone through the list of attendees and plotted everyone who requested housing into one of the following three locations.

IF you are NOT on one of these lists and still DO NOT have a place to stay, tell me as soon as possible. You can post in this thread, as I will still be reading it, or if it looks like there's gonna be a last-minute problem, you can always phone me at 403-869-3971--I try to answer calls 24 hours a day.

Levi's House
60 Brookpark Mews SW
  • =] - Levi Trodd
  • Neat - Riley Trodd
  • ~.~? - Wilson Chandler
  • Gerbil - Ryan Morrill
  • stv - Stephen Baden
Levi is still housing the gang from St. Albert.

Chad's House
57 Martinridge Way NE
PHONE: 403-200-4884
  • BackItch - Chad Taylor
  • ManLi - Manuel Cardenas
  • Hitsugaya - John Mach
  • Patooty - Tiep Bui
  • CowEar - Ryan Bui
  • Fogel - Cameron Harding
  • deox - David
  • Sieg - Ian McTavish
  • Geed - Chris McDavid
  • SuPeRbOoM - Dan Hoyt
  • Shen - ????
Chad would like to have the people that he is housing give him a CALL to let him know when to be prepared for your arrival. Transportation to and from stations/airports/house should be arranged on an individual basis. I am providing a few rides, but if I haven't talked to you specifically about your arrival, plan to make your own way around the city and to let Chad know when you'll be turning up at his house.

Pro Impact Hotel
4436 Bowness Rd. NW
PHONE: 403-869-3971
  • RJM - Randall Morrison
  • MICH - Mitchell Duncan
  • Kage - Roustane Benzeguir
  • Blunted_Object10 - Eric Brown
  • MikeMonkey - Mike Purschke
  • Dasupalouie - Luis Walsh
  • MagnuM - Stu Broski
  • FalseFalco - Carl Trautman
  • Shwn - Shawn Boyle
  • Beeble - Mike Whyte
  • Spin-Dash - Brandon Olson
Okay, so know this, everybody: we don't have a large house. It is a bungalow--which means that although it may have multiple floors, only one of them counts.

So, as such, we'll be a little tight on the housing arrangement here, but everyone will certainly have a place to sleep that is both warmer and more comfortable than strapping you to the hood of my car.
  • We have 3 couches, 2 of our own beds, some couple hundred square feet of carpeted floor space and slightly more than that in uncarpeted floor space. I'm working to see if I can swing some little portable cots/mats or something, but I would recommend bringing at least something soft upon which to rest thy smashing head.
  • Our 2 beds take care of RJM and MICH, leaving 9 people to work out the best arrangement of the remaining sleeping quarters.
    • 3 couches will support 1 person each, leaving 6. Unless you're the type to pass out while sitting up with a controller in hand.
    • I figure there's floorspace for at least 2 people in the living room where there is also 2 couches. This puts 4 people in one room, leaving 4 to battle out for the softest surface.
    • There is room for at least 1 person in "The Study," which is the third bedroom and current location of the third couch. This puts 2 people in this room, leaving 3.
    • If 3 people are feeling particularly adventurous, we have a steep death staircase that takes us into a well-heated, but kinda creepy, basement. It's a cozy little area, but it's not carpeted and I'll see if I can procure an inflatable mat or something. If 3 people are NOT feeling particularly adventurous, we'll see about plopping you down on some of that reserve floorspace upstairs that I keep alluding to be saying "at least."
Food and drink is something that I will try to provide where I can, but I'm hoping that most of you will be prudent enough to pick up a meal while you're out and about before and/or between events.

I'll probably be able to drive a few people to and fro the actual tournament location, as I will need to make several runs around the city to make all this work. Even so, plan on your own transportation just in case.

REGISTERED PLAYERS

Below is a list of all of the confirmed players to the best of my knowledge. This includes everyone who filled out the registration form off the main post, minus those who backed out at the last minute, plus those that I know to be coming due to housing/travel arrangements.

BRITISH COLUMBIA - 6
RICHMOND
Blunted_Object10
VANCOUVER
Patooty
CowEar
ManLi
Hitsugaya
KELOWNA
deox
ALBERTA - 44
CALGARY - 18
=]
Azure49
BackItch
Chaoszero
Dingo
DJT88
HylianHero
JAPMAN
Kithkin
M
MICH
Neat
Nitrocidal
PKT92
QAZ
RJM
Scicky!
Valdemar
EDMONTON - 12
Alphicans
Beeble
Dasupalouie
FalseFalco
Frio
Kizu
LemonLau
MagnuM
MikeMonkey
reality
Shwn
Steve
FORT SASKATCHEWAN - 4
Geed
Shen
Sieg
SuPeRbOoM
PENHOLD - 1
Gray
RED DEER - 5
Janitor
K Lover
PALO DA SUFFOCATOR
R.L.Prodigy
ST. ALBERT - 4
~.~?
Gerbil
Jiangshadow
stv

ONTARIO - 1
OTTAWA - 1
Fogel

QUÉBEC - 1
MONTREAL - 1
Kage

TOTAL --> 52 confirmed!
The ????? CLUB
Additionally, here's a few players that seemed to express interest in coming or otherwise indicated to me that they'd probably show up, but I haven't really heard about what's happening since. If you are on this list, or somebody you know is on this list, please let me know whether or not yer coming!
  • FastFox - EDMONTON
  • Buddyvishnu - CALGARY
  • xpiritflare - CALGARY
  • unspec4 - MARYLAND
  • DhMcFly - WETASKIWIN
With 52 confirmed players (even though there's probably going to be a few more), this is what the prize pot looks like, for those interested:

Singles
1st place - 70% (approx. $582.40)
2nd place - 20% (approx. $166.40)
3rd place - 10% (approx. $83.20)

Doubles
1st place - 70% (approx. $499.20)
2nd place - 20% (approx. $124.80)
3rd place - 10% (approx. $62.40)

Crews
1st place - 70% (approx. $384.00)
2nd place - 20% (approx. $96.00)
3rd place - 10% (approx. $48.00)

Bear in mind, though....not EVERYONE is participating in EVERY event, and some players are only coming for one of the two days. These are generous estimations based on full attendance and crews of 3-5 players.

Questions?

If you have any concerns about the tournament, try contacting me by telephone at 403-869-3971 for the quickest response.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

FalseFalco

Smash Master
FastFox is at the moment unconfirmed; I promised him a ride so he confirmed, and I failed to accommodate him with a seat.

THERE IS a possibility of him showing up. I can have an answer for you by tomorrow before we leave Randall.

It's about 40-60 in favour of him not showing.

EDIT: LOL @ ERIC AWAY FROM THE BC PEEPS

LOL @ "REALITY" COMING FROM EDMONTON. TROOF.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I felt this was relevant.

It's a Linksys prank chat and everyone should read it:

Kathyrein M(15994): Hi, my name is Kathyrein M(15994). How may I help you?
Embawd: hi ther kathrin
Kathyrein M(15994): What is the problem you are experiencing with your Linksys product?
Embawd: um i ned sum help wit voip
Embawd: wel
Embawd: can u xplain how voip wrok?
Kathyrein M(15994): Let me explain it.
Embawd: ya xplayn plz
Kathyrein M(15994): Ok
Embawd: r u explayn
Kathyrein M(15994): VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a technology used to make calls through the Internet.
Embawd: OH I NO WUT IT DO
Embawd: wel i m hav problem wit it
Kathyrein M(15994): What is the problem?
Embawd: um i glue it 2 my desk o dat it not get in awya
Kathyrein M(15994): Okay
Embawd: an i dun no hw 2 gt f u no cu u r an xprat
Kathyrein M(15994): What is the relation of having it glued into your desk with how the VoIP works?
Embawd: wel i ned sum help bcuz it kep scrw p u no i dun no y
Kathyrein M(15994): Help for what?
Embawd: HTE THING
Embawd: THE VOIP
Kathyrein M(15994): What help do you need from VoIP?
Embawd: O katreen plz hlep me me wif ned 2 clal egyp an we had no fon an dis da only way
Kathyrein M(15994): I need to get some information so I can address your concern.
Kathyrein M(15994): What help do you need from VoIP?
Embawd: wut u ned 2 no
Embawd: i tel u evrytin
Kathyrein M(15994):
[00:06:29] Kathyrein Manzanares:
Embawd: evn my cat nam
Embawd: okay katreen
Kathyrein M(15994): I just need you to give important information. What help do you need from VoIP?
Embawd: u kep askin me but i dun no it jus not wrok
Kathyrein M(15994): What do you mean it does not work?
Embawd: i kep tryin 2 cal but it not wrok
Embawd: and 1 day mi cat chew cabels
Embawd: from voyp
Embawd: but i dun tink dat problm
Kathyrein M(15994): You have answered your question already.
Kathyrein M(15994): Try other cables.
Embawd: i hav nun
Embawd: oh btw
Kathyrein M(15994): Then you may need to buy a new one.
Embawd: i also spil sum win on it
Embawd: oh an i hamer a nail in wen i put it on my des
Embawd: an i glu it dr
Kathyrein M(15994): You need to fix your own problem.
Embawd: HOW
Kathyrein M(15994): You know why the VoIP does not work.
Kathyrein M(15994): Thank you.
Kathyrein M(15994) Has Disconnected

CrackHead

Smash Journeyman
kk, shouldnt it be like

60%
30%
10%

for the pots so its like fair, so first isnt triple second? like... i know im gnna win, jst so its fair.

and my name is ****ing Ryan Dao u ****ing ******** go ****ing ******* yourself and go like **** O_________________________O ty.

if u do not know im joking your stupid >.<

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
kk, shouldnt it be like

60%
30%
10%

for the pots so its like fair, so first isnt triple second? like... i know im gnna win, jst so its fair.

and my name is ****ing Ryan Dao u ****ing ******** go ****ing ******* yourself and go like **** O_________________________O ty.

if u do not know im joking your stupid >.<
Get ***** EC + Alberta. Prepare for the next level... of FOX! =O

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
How are we doing for setups?
Not that well. Calgarian smashers have been surprisingly difficult to get ahold of in the days preceding the tournament.

We're currently 7 for 12 (or at least a planned 12) on TV/Cube setups and the VCR situation is....well....I'm working on it.

If anyone would like to assist in resolving this post-haste, feel free to call me sometime today while I'm running around at 403-869-3971.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Edmonton's got yo back!

I can bring a small 10" TV and cube, and I'm sure the other driving party can bring at least 1 other cube.

Try to get a hold of at least extra TV's if you can; having a surplus of either is a shame, but a surplus of cubes is more likely. EVERYONE IN EDMONTON OR CALGARY SHOULD BRING THEIR CUBE WHETHER RANDALL NEEDS IT OR NOT. This is a general rule of respect for any local tournament

MagnuM

Smash Ace
The worst and most ironic was the last tournament, where we had more TVs than cubes. It was either that or somebody forgot to bring the remote for their TV so we couldn't switch it to A/V mode. Please people, if you're brining a TV, please remember the remote that goes with it!

Also Steve, I still have your controller from CT3 that you left with the knots in it. Don't worry, nobody has used it and/or modified or hacked it... you can trust me.

I will be brining one GameCube. Oh also, remember to label your guy's stuff before you leave just to make sure nobody grabs the wrong GameCube or what not after the tournament. I believe it has happened before. I think I have the serial number of my cube entered in on my phone too.

Anyways, Luis W., Mike P. and myself plan to leave E-town around 8 pm, and should get to Randall's house by around 11:00 - 11:30 or so. That's our plan for right now, we'll let you know any updates.

btw, thanks for having such clear instructions and everything Randall, can really tell you're working hard. We appreciate it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
This is kinda off topic of smash...... but i just noticed that on the Starcraft disscussion Jarc you posted. And you play on West so we should definately play. My name is Alphicans(rN) so message me soon to play

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Yeah I went out of my way last time to supply TV's because there are ALWAYS more TV's than cubes, then when tourney time rolls around no one I ask brings their cube. And yeah that was me who "forgot" the remote last time. I figured people wouldn't be fiddling with the TV/being ******** but AJ proved me wrong on that one.

Joel is for sure not coming.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
This is kinda off topic of smash...... but i just noticed that on the Starcraft disscussion Jarc you posted. And you play on West so we should definately play. My name is Alphicans(rN) so message me soon to play
I play sc as well...rarely

I can bring a cube for ya guys

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I'll try to bring my Wii (My gamecube is getting Disc read errors all over the place.)

However, I can't promise much, as chances are my brother will complain.

Also, Randall/anyone else who cares, if you wanted my new MSN it's.

aclinen7@hotmail(dot)com

Top Bottom