• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assembly of Unfamiliar Information: Give Jeepy Something to Test!

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Aha, I know what you can test, Jeeps. Find out how AS charge affects diminishing returns, and find out if it's counted as a separate move. Why? So that Lucario would be able to AS charge on destructible platforms at Luigi's Mansion to refresh the rest of his moveset.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Aha, I know what you can test, Jeeps. Find out how AS charge affects diminishing returns, and find out if it's counted as a separate move. Why? So that Lucario would be able to AS charge on destructible platforms at Luigi's Mansion to refresh the rest of his moveset.
i think you need to hit a character for that to work, but i know it works with sandbags so idk, but really that's a quick test that you can do in like 5 minutes...jeepy deserves better :p

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
erm not to be annoying Jeeepz but did ya like ignorez the part about sliding pivot grab? D=
also OMGWTFBBQ great boost right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qark60PsIQ
old but....yea

go around to the end. Lucario seems to get a goooood booost when doin it =o
Soz!! No, Luc can't really do anything epic with his sliding grab.

It doesn't seem like Lucario can make good use of a sliding anything. **** those cement feet of his.
^^^ This.

ok i don't know if anyone has figured this out already and posted in this thread but the momentum glitch on the d-air where it fastfalls instead of stalling. It is something that happens to me at least once or twice per game. I have noticed it to occur most often when i am just hit by an attack very similar to gw and toon links d-air which do the exact opposite after they recently get hit which is stall. So what i have found it most useful for is surprising the enemy after hitting me with a weak attack when i am above them and immediately d-air so it fastfalls just enough to come back down and connect when they are shieldless because they expect it to stall. If you would like i can post alot of clips of me doing this or you can test it yourself.
Yeah, this has been known for a while. If you are in your "ughhhaaaaaaahhH! I've been HIT!!!" animation, d-air wont halt your momentum.

I'm pretty sure someone once posted saying AS charge affects diminishing returns, and I fairly certain that if you hit something like a shyguy, balloon, or column, it will decrease damage dealt. I'll check it out just to be certain, though.

jeepy deserves better :p
Yeah, you big JERK FAICE!

Totally kidding, I <3 you for giving me something to do. =3

Milln

Smash Champion
Find me a way to run off the edge backwards, please. I want to bair people without slowing down by jumping.

AS Charge affects Sphere and Charge.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Find me a way to run off the edge backwards, please. I want to bair people without slowing down by jumping.

That would be awesome if we could find a way. Run off turn-around AS charge and cancel takes too long. Lol, if only Lucario could moonwalk...

Thanks Jeeps and Milln for the info. Nothing else to have you test at the moment, but I'll find something eventually.

OH! WAVEDASH!!! Wait a sec...wrong game. Just kidding.

Hey Jeepy I just tested something, and WOWZERS, our fsmash is powafull! If you use it at it's maximium possible attack strength(meaning at a two stock disadvantage, and at your maximum damage cap)...it does 42%. 42%!!!!! That's like, instant death at 0% on half of the characters in this game because of the extreme floatiness. And then if you do it uncharged it'll do 30%. UNCHARGED. Just a side note. I thought that was pretty AWESOME. If you do this while they are at a one stock advantage above you, it'll do abouyt 35% fully charged. And at regular stock even but at damage cap it does about 28-29%. THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE, HMMM?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
milln its just an idea, but ES2 close to the edge then tip your self off and turn around for the bair.
I havent tried it, cause my lucario is techologically impared at the moment.
-iT2

Or just run off and still rar without jumping. Whatever. Don't know if that's possible, but you could test it. Sometimes characters in Melee would slide off the stage if you timed it right: maybe you can do it in Brawl too.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Hey jeeps, I have two things for you.
And they both can go into the move department.

One, try to see if you can continually stool jump someone, dair and then air stool jump them, and continue the process.

two, um... i forgot. =)
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
K, I has a mindgame trick. Usually, you'll have to do an AD before doing this, but I've found a backward fair is actually kinda cool, considering that it means that you can follow up with bair, and it comes out faster obviously, which surprises ppl who expect that wind up from bair. Dunno if its useful, but I'm kinda liking it.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
K, I has a mindgame trick. Usually, you'll have to do an AD before doing this, but I've found a backward fair is actually kinda cool, considering that it means that you can follow up with bair, and it comes out faster obviously, which surprises ppl who expect that wind up from bair. Dunno if its useful, but I'm kinda liking it.
So Lucario is going backwards, while Fair is out, and are you hitting them with you back facing them?

I see it as you back is to them, and you still fair them, and then you get a bair.
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
A bit of both, actually. Your back's to them, and you feign approach/bait them, then hit them with a fair while your back is to them, then follow with bair/nair.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Can't happen. My theory was to run off the edge, psuedo stick an aura sphere, air dodge, then b-air, but that didn't work. So yea, it's impossible as for as I know.

Hey jeeps, I have two things for you.
And they both can go into the move department.

One, try to see if you can continually stool jump someone, dair and then air stool jump them, and continue the process.

two, um... i forgot. =)
-t2
No, you can't. D-air knocks them away so you can't continually footstool them.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ooh! test the small backwards hitbox of a reversed fair, and see if it can be followed up with something "interesting".

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
OK so I was playing random with my friend yesterday.... I got Lucario [YAY :D] and he got ICs.
so I was trying stuff out and then I grabed him. pummeled once[to stun the other IC]. did Upthrow. It shot one IC upwards and the other Forward...... What.The. 'ell.[then I proceeded to gimp His CPU partner. and Wallcling back :D]
so anyways... can we check something on this Forwards Hitbox on Upthrow? - .-

~Flame

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Can't happen. My theory was to run off the edge, psuedo stick an aura sphere, air dodge, then b-air, but that didn't work. So yea, it's impossible as for as I know.
There might be a way. In Melee, if you executed a pivot just as your character reached the very edge you could go off backwards, usually into edgehog. I think there's a chance that some characters would have the right traction to do this in Brawl out of a true pivot, and merely holding down on the control stick or activating your aerial within the first few frames of being airborne would prevent the edgehog.

I know, different physics engine, etc. But it's possible, so give it a shot.

Hey Jeepy, not that this is off topic or anything, but...I feel I have to say this:

Lucario's Aura Sphere can do 233%. Yea that's right. Two stock disadvantage, maxed out power, and two Pit's to reflect it. 233%? Lucario is officially the most powerful character in the game.

Now, on topic!! The only way I could think of is the aforementioned. Pivot off the stage, but I'm too lazy to test it out myself. *Sigh*

Milln

Smash Champion
Hey Jeepy, not that this is off topic or anything, but...I feel I have to say this:

Lucario's Aura Sphere can do 233%. Yea that's right. Two stock disadvantage, maxed out power, and two Pit's to reflect it. 233%? Lucario is officially the most powerful character in the game.

Now, on topic!! The only way I could think of is the aforementioned. Pivot off the stage, but I'm too lazy to test it out myself. *Sigh*
Did it kill? =o

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

K, so I found a way to bair without jumping, but it's pretty situational. If you are on the edge of a platform, and you jab, and then your opponent shields, you will drop off the edge, but your jab gets cancelled. After that, perform whatever aerial u want.

Jeep, I want u to check on RAR'd fair (it's like bair, but with a reverse fair). Can it tie together with another attack in any way? (my best guesses are bair and nair while in the air, and while landing, utilt, since it starts first facing opposite direction, which means it starts sooner). Are any effective afterward?

Milln

Smash Champion
I can answer that in Jeeps' stead. You can link pretty much whatever you want into a Rar'd Fair. It sends them in the direction you're moving, just like a regular one.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I can answer that in Jeeps' stead. You can link pretty much whatever you want into a Rar'd Fair. It sends them in the direction you're moving, just like a regular one.
Yay! I can has semi-AT?

I would think it would be best with bair, nair, fair, or utilt especially.

Top Bottom