• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL]Huntsville Area Smash League II - MK Banned

*Cam*

Smash Lord
The Alabama Smash League Presents:

II

January 28, 2012
With hosts: The Huntsville/Madison Smash Crew

Venue:
Venue Fee:
Active members of the Alabama Smash League get FREE ADMITTANCE to ALL ASL Tournaments.
To sign up for the Alabama Smash League see the Official ASL website:http://alabamasmashleague.com/sign up.html

For all other participants the venue fee will be $10

Huntsville, AL 35816

Maps, pictures, and directions coming soon...​

Events:
Melee Singles (11:00):
Price: FREE
Ruleset:
• 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
• Items OFF
• Sets are best-of-3 except Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
• Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
• Master Hand is banned.
• Wobbling is banned. Wobbling is defined as any continuous Ice Climbers grab combo that does not require throwing (this includes blizzobbling).
• Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
• Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
• Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stages
Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Brawl Doubles (12:00):
Price: $5 per person
Ruleset:
Prizes:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%​

Alabama Smash League Brawl Singles (3:00):
Price:
All members of the Alabama Smash League (ASL) get FREE ENTRANCE to ASL Brawl Singles.
To sign up for the Alabama Smash League see the Official ASL website:http://alabamasmashleague.com/sign up.html

For all other participants the entry fee will be $10
Ruleset:
The ASL supports the Unity Ruleset including its rules for gameplay, stages, AND conduct with the addition of a MK ban.
We ask that all players please read and understand the Unity Ruleset thread before attending any ASL tournaments.
Prizes (GUARANTEED MONEY):
1st Place: $125
2nd Place: $60
3rd Place: $25
4th Place: $10

Players:
Interested Players:
___Tag___|___Brawl___|___Melee___|_Confirmed_
person1|No|No|No
Total|0|0|0
Setups:
Information here about ASL's setup policy
__Person__|___TV___|___Wii___|_GameCube_
person1|No|No|No
Total:|0|0|0

Prices:
  • Venue Fee:
    FREE for active ASL members
    $10 for everyone else
  • Melee Singles and Doubles:
    Free
  • Brawl Doubles:
    $5
  • Brawl Singles:
    $10 for everyone else
  • Pizza:
    FREE for active ASL members(That registered before the season)
    $1 a slice for everyone else
  • T-Shirts:
    $10

*Cam*

Smash Lord
The Alabama Smash League Presents:

II

January 28, 2012
With hosts: The Huntsville/Madison Smash Crew

Venue:
Venue Fee:
Active members of the Alabama Smash League get FREE ADMITTANCE to ALL ASL Tournaments.

For all other participants the venue fee will be $10

Huntsville, AL 35816

Maps, pictures, and directions coming soon...​

Events:
Melee Singles (11:00):
Price: FREE
Ruleset:
• 4 stock, 8:00 minutes
• Items OFF
• Sets are best-of-3 except Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
• Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
• Master Hand is banned.
• Wobbling is banned. Wobbling is defined as any continuous Ice Climbers grab combo that does not require throwing (this includes blizzobbling).
• Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
• Glitches such as Ice Climbers's Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
• Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stages
Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Friendly Fire is turned ON
* Pause is turned OFF

Brawl Doubles (12:00):
Price: $5 per person
Ruleset:
Prizes:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%​

Alabama Smash League Brawl Singles (3:00):
Price:
All members of the Alabama Smash League (ASL) get FREE ENTRANCE to ASL Brawl Singles.

For all other participants the entry fee will be $10
Ruleset:
The ASL supports the Unity Ruleset including its rules for gameplay, stages, AND conduct with the addition of a MK ban.
We ask that all players please read and understand the Unity Ruleset thread before attending any ASL tournaments.
Prizes (GUARANTEED MONEY):
1st Place: $125
2nd Place: $60
3rd Place: $25
4th Place: $10

Players:
Interested Players:
___Tag___|___Brawl___|___Melee___|_Confirmed_
person1|No|No|No
Total|0|0|0
Setups:
Information here about ASL's setup policy
__Person__|___TV___|___Wii___|_GameCube_
person1|No|No|No
Total:|0|0|0

Prices:
  • Venue Fee:
    $10 for everyone else
  • Melee Singles and Doubles:
    Free
  • Brawl Doubles:
    $5
  • Brawl Singles:
    $10 for everyone else
  • Pizza:
    FREE for active ASL members(That registered before the season)
    $1 a slice for everyone else
  • T-Shirts:
    $10

*Cam*

Smash Lord
So will ASL make up for the lost entrance fee into the pot if people buy the season pass?
Lost entrance fee? I'm not sure what you are referring to.

EDIT: Oh, you're worried that we can't come up with the prize money? I wouldn't worry about that. All of our costs are covered by the membership fees and entrance fees. We've worked out the numbers. If people don't sign up, but they come to the tournament and pay the entry fees, that just makes paying for the prize pools even easier. Have a little faith. We promised a large prize pot at HASL, and we came through despite a lot of skepticism from the community.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I was just saying that if I paid $25 for 5 tournaments, well that $25 would just got to 2 and a half of the tournaments, but what about the rest? I was just wondering say that we were at the last seasonal event and we had 60 entrants and $450 would ASL put in the other $150?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I was just saying that if I paid $25 for 5 tournaments, well that $25 would just got to 2 and a half of the tournaments, but what about the rest? I was just wondering say that we were at the last seasonal event and we had 60 entrants and $450 would ASL put in the other $150?
The prize money at each event is set at $150 for first place, $75 for second, $25 for third, and $10 for fourth. That won't go up even if we have 60 people, and it won't go down even if we have 10. We are banking on the fact that most people don't go to tournaments for the prize money; most people go to play Brawl and hang out with their friends.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
This one, I could definitely see myself coming to. This is the closest one to me, so I do not see why I couldn't make it here. I have told many of my friends about this one since it is the closest to Tennessee, I believe there should be some of them there also, hopefully.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
I hope I can make it to this (and all of the other ASL tournies)!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I will see about this, and consider.:applejack:

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
What time will Brawl Doubles & Singles begin? My friend and I plan on coming to this.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Melee singles is definitely happening. I'm not sure about doubles. Please note that Melee singles is a free event with no prize money.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm going to try to get a car from GA to come to this but with pick-up time and drive time it'll be about 5 hours of driving so is anyone willing to house a number between 5-7 GA people for Friday night? I may need housing Saturday night too but most likely we'll drive back that night even though it'll suck for me.

Looking forward to this.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Melee singles is definitely happening. I'm not sure about doubles. Please note that Melee singles is a free event with no prize money.
I feel like that should change for next season. Something really cheap though, like 2 or 3 bucks.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Wes said we should put it back at $10, but Wes has only attended one tournament this season, and I don't think we should try to appease people that aren't going to show up (so we won't be looking for Joot/Moogle/Chad appeasement either). I think the people that consistently come for Melee should decide how to run Melee next season. That means you, Ryker, Cheap, Wafe, T1J, Roboturner, Reflex, etc.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Wes said we should put it back at $10, but Wes has only attended one tournament this season, and I don't think we should try to appease people that aren't going to show up (so we won't be looking for Joot/Moogle/Chad appeasement either). I think the people that consistently come for Melee should decide how to run Melee next season. That means you, Ryker, Cheap, Wafe, T1J, Roboturner, Reflex, etc.
I have only attended one event because of the viscous cycle created by not having real melee tournaments. From what i've seen, my only competition in melee comes from people who would be there anyway as a brawl player, i have yet to see someone good travel out of their way for a free melee tournament, which in turn limits the competition to a repetition of the previous tournaments' results. That being said, i will be at the huntsville tournament as long as moogle and -chad- are gonna be there :)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I have only attended one event because of the viscous cycle created by not having real melee tournaments. From what i've seen, my only competition in melee comes from people who would be there anyway as a brawl player, i have yet to see someone good travel out of their way for a free melee tournament, which in turn limits the competition to a repetition of the previous tournaments' results. That being said, i will be at the huntsville tournament as long as moogle and -chad- are gonna be there :)
Well, you need to talk to them because they won't come out when I ask them to.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
I'm going to try to get a car from GA to come to this but with pick-up time and drive time it'll be about 5 hours of driving so is anyone willing to house a number between 5-7 GA people for Friday night? I may need housing Saturday night too but most likely we'll drive back that night even though it'll suck for me.

Looking forward to this.
May I be in your car? :D Or is it already full?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Hey Michaelis, I might can house GA again, but my parents hate it when i house more than three or four-ish.

Plus there is a lack of heating. Plenty of blankets but not pillows.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Cheap - I think Nick already offered to host us but I appreciate the offer. If anything changes and I need the housing I'll give you a call.

On that note...
@Cam - Can I get Nick's contact info? PM it or something, please and thank you.

@Angelo - Yeah, you can have a spot. I'll call/talk to everyone this weekend and get it worked out.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
@Angelo - Yeah, you can have a spot. I'll call/talk to everyone this weekend and get it worked out.
Thanks, Michael! I look forward to this tournament (and hopefully a fun car ride :p)!

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Okay, my car is pretty much confirmed. As of now it's 7 people and we'll prob arrive at Nick's place around 11 pm Friday night. People include:

DRN
Player-1
Micaelis
4GOD
Player-3
Hero?
AML?!

Tourney should be fun. If anyone wants to MM me I'm up for whatever you want; ELO ranking matches included.

Top Bottom