• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask Mango Falcon Questions =D and other things

brendol

Smash Cadet
man

go

do

u

have

any

strat

egies

agai

nst

a

good

falco

who

is

very

good

at

spi

ke

ing

?

?

?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I've seen SS use moonwalking in his falcon style. In your opinion is it worth the extra effort to learn to moonwalk well?
Just a side note, but you don't have to be able to SEE the moonwalk for it to be working. Even a sucky moonwalk shifts your momentum. I often run away to moonwalked SH stomp/bair/knee.

EDIT: @ brendol

ur doing it wrong!

soap

Smash Hero
I was playing with Big R last night

and he was saying your falcon looks scrubby

and that he is going to eat it

and that zhu choked

MaNg0

Smash Hero
nah moonwalking is not important

dont worry about it

and for falco u just gotta be in

the air alot so that he cant hit u

and once u hit him keep going because

once ur in falcos face he cant do much

nairs **** ****

and stomp knee at like 50 percent hes dead

lol and up airs when hes above u

if u do it right it beats his dair

and soap

tell bigR looool

all my characters look scrubby

and i hope he plays falco so i can

go falcon on him =D

tell him mm 50 bucks LOL

i eat **** falcos for breakfast

and zhu choked pretty bad 2 get

jv 4 stocked
lool

zhu <33

MaNg0

Smash Hero
if they block it u get grabbed

lol

unless it does that auto space thing

then u can run up and grab

or do another raptor boost

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
if they block it u get grabbed

lol

unless it does that auto space thing

then u can run up and grab

or do another raptor boost
lol, i know you get grabbed, but i was refferring to the auto space. also, is the auto space thing kinda random or just so hard to pull of you cant do it consistently?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
wellllll im pretty sure there is a way

orrr ill try and figure it out

but i duno its luck for me

xMosmo

Smash Apprentice
hey mango, on spacies, is there any way to knee into a grab?

like... preferably knee and have the teetering animation cancel all the lag, grab, d-throw to another knee off the ledge.

can it be done?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Let me tell u something

in melee

if u put ur heart to it

it can be done

^_^

xMosmo

Smash Apprentice
but i mean without moving, like grabbing them before they get knocked out of grab range.

so you could grab them and already be RIGHT on the edge for a d-throw -> knee.

xMosmo

Smash Apprentice
well i know he does d-throw -> knee all the time.

i think it would be outrageous if you could knee into that combo and have it be impossible to escape.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Doing dthrow->knee->grab->dthrow->moar knees on jiggs is fun

guys I have a question for any technical falcon(s): When you shffl uair, how do you do it to do it as fast as possible? (it's important with uair cuz sometimes you need the uair to come out the first few frames of the jump to keep the combo going...). Y+c-stick is to slow, and if I use Y+A I risk double jumping. Control stick to jump and c-stick for arial maybe...?

Kike_Ichigo

Smash Cadet
a Throw to Knee in spacies with Dthrow > Knee is If they doesnt Tech or Tech in the same place... cause they are FastFallers and they Hit the Floor first that you hit them with the Knee so is a Really fast Technique that only works if they are not waiting the Dthrow or have Bad Tech, or if they do a Mistake Teching in the same place.... most Trhow to Knee combos on Spacies is in around 60% or more... with a Uthrow > Shffl Knee... in Falco... Fox I think is a little more % I dont know... cause is more easy too keep him busy with the Techchase... and wait for a Dair > Knee or a Uthrow... dont worry too much for a Low % Knee... cause you will have too do a lot of mistakes like a Dtrhow > Knee and if the Falco Tech to another place... He could just make you eat Blasters...and fox... if you do it close to a Edge and he just Tech to the right way... you maybe will know in you next stock thinking "why the knee doesnt ****ing works" is true, a Low % Knee on spacies is a Fast Kill sexys... but remember they are FastFallers so is more easy too keep him entretaining with you Tech Chase and then wait for the right moment and then side B > Knee or Stomp > Knee or Uthrow > Shffl Knee (Just sexys G-regulate XD)

soap

Smash Hero
Doing dthrow->knee->grab->dthrow->moar knees on jiggs is fun

guys I have a question for any technical falcon(s): When you shffl uair, how do you do it to do it as fast as possible? (it's important with uair cuz sometimes you need the uair to come out the first few frames of the jump to keep the combo going...). Y+c-stick is to slow, and if I use Y+A I risk double jumping. Control stick to jump and c-stick for arial maybe...?
for short hop rising uair, i find y to cstick easy, i sometimes use A though.

for full hop rising i always use A, sometimes control stick and cstick if i want it retreating.

shorthopping with the stick i find way more inconsistent than accidently double jumping

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I would go with the C-stick, Mike. This may be a little difficult at first, but you will get faster. Use the center of your thumb, or whatever is most efficient. Only tilt the stick just enough to perform the aerial. This will save you some time.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
well the thing about my characters

are that they dont look special

there all very simple =D

which allows me 2 play more

characters

Big_R

Smash Champion
I was playing with Big R last night

and he was saying your falcon looks scrubby

and that he is going to eat it

and that zhu choked
just gonna run to daddy and tell on me.

soap u suck up mw traitor

now i ahve to defend my honor and do work but im not rich mango we ahve to mm for like 10.
or 20 if u r rly angry :(:(
lol

Top Bottom