• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
My friend and me recently started playing .. I play Olimar and he plays Marth. We're a pretty awesome team, and can beat almost any two level 9 CPUs with relative ease. However, I was wondering if someone could take the time to teach us how to wavedash, and also maybe explain the purpose of wavedashing and when to use it.
There is no Wave Dashing in Brawl.

*epicfacepalm*

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Is there any real difference between a wavebird and a regular GC controller (except that one is wireless of course lol)- if there is which one is better for brawl?

Mike_Echoes

Smash Journeyman
So when someone says a move has IASA frames, it means??
I'm sorry I'm just confused

Can I get an example/demonstration

Thanks

feardragon64

Smash Champion
So when someone says a move has IASA frames, it means??
I'm sorry I'm just confused

Can I get an example/demonstration

Thanks
Read the post above you.

But ya, basically, WHILE an IASA frame is going on, you can do ANY action you'd like(jab, up-smash, tilt, special, jump, w/e). IASA frames are good because if you can do any action you want from them, that means there's no lag time between whatever you were doing before and what you're about to do next(basically, you're just reacting/acting much faster) =]

Corigames

Smash Hero
Iasa was one of the best players in melee and found a lot of stuff out about it. It was, most likely, found or named by him.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Five quick questions,

1. Does deteriorating of attacks cause the Hitstun to be shorten?
2. Can the hitstun of multiple attacks be stock up on each other?
3. When someone break free from your grasp after being grab does both parties have the same amount of lag before being able to move again or can the person who break free attack or act first. (There's no need to bring up Lucas and Ness I already know about them)
4. When two attacks "clank" as said in here does each individual have the same amount of time before they can act again or does the person who used the less cool down attack have the advantage?
5. When attacks do clank do you receive IASA frames?

All of theses question can be answered yes or no but if you wish you may go into detail, feel free to and please try to be sure when you answer as I once asked “Does online matches count toward unlocking characters” and was answered “yes” 1,196 matches later and I still don’t have Wolf.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Is there any real difference between a wavebird and a regular GC controller (except that one is wireless of course lol)- if there is which one is better for brawl?

GC is usually better, Wavebirds are known for lag.

What did Gimpyfish do to get banned?

:laugh: He's not.

Five quick questions,

1. Does deteriorating of attacks cause the Hitstun to be shorten?
2. Can the hitstun of multiple attacks be stock up on each other?
3. When someone break free from your grasp after being grab does both parties have the same amount of lag before being able to move again or can the person who break free attack or act first. (There's no need to bring up Lucas and Ness I already know about them)
4. When two attacks "clank" as said in here does each individual have the same amount of time before they can act again or does the person who used the less cool down attack have the advantage?
5. When attacks do clank do you receive IASA frames?

All of theses question can be answered yes or no but if you wish you may go into detail, feel free to and please try to be sure when you answer as I once asked “Does online matches count toward unlocking characters” and was answered “yes” 1,196 matches later and I still don’t have Wolf.

1. No.
2. I don't really understand, hitstun doesn't stack up.
3. Different characters haave different times. As you know Ness and Lucas are screw'd but some grabbers break free faster (barely), allowing for a sidestep or shield. Very small factor, however.
4. Both players have the same cooldown. After all, the powerstruggle is power vs. power, not lag time vs. lag time. Therefore, it would be natural for both parties to break free at teh same time.
5. None, powerstruggles are finite. (IIRC)

6. Only Friend matches online count, not W/ Anyone. Are you matches w/Anyone?
(There's also a easier way to unlock him then going through 1k matches, use the Subspace method. You should have beaten it by now, unless you chose to completly ignore it)

Anyone know if anything is "tourney-banned" yet? (IC infinite, etc.)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
GC is usually better, Wavebirds are known for lag.

:laugh: He's not.

1. No.
2. I don't really understand, hitstun doesn't stack up.
3. Different characters haave different times. As you know Ness and Lucas are screw'd but some grabbers break free faster (barely), allowing for a sidestep or shield. Very small factor, however.
4. Both players have the same cooldown. After all, the powerstruggle is power vs. power, not lag time vs. lag time. Therefore, it would be natural for both parties to break free at teh same time.
5. None, powerstruggles are finite. (IIRC)

6. Only Friend matches online count, not W/ Anyone. Are you matches w/Anyone?
(There's also a easier way to unlock him then going through 1k matches, use the Subspace method. You should have beaten it by now, unless you chose to completly ignore it)

Anyone know if anything is "tourney-banned" yet? (IC infinite, etc.)
I've played like 4 with anyone matches so that's not the case. Trust me you cannot unlock characters by playing online matches.

Anyways thank you for answering my questions but what is "IIRC"?

pirkid

Smash Lord
I've played like 4 with anyone matches so that's not the case. Trust me you cannot unlock characters by playing online matches.

Anyways thank you for answering my questions but what is "IIRC"?
IfI Remember Correctly, and no prob. :)
I'm surprised about the online thing, however. I haven't done it personally but some of my friends have.

HOW COME TOON LINK REPLACED YOUNG LINK!

why was R.O.B was introduced into the game

why?
Toon Link is more recent.
R.O.B. is a laser/rocket/disc-throwing robot. Sakurai says WEWT.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
You suck. GTFO and continue masturbating to Zero Suit Samus in the closet of your parents' basement.

Anyway, yes, people do pwn with Peach. Those people include me from time to time.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Is there a place on SWF that has a breakdown of the mechanics of the new Stale Moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom