• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirkid

Smash Lord
i find it interesting that their is no wolf avatars. yet their is useless ones such as lanky kong, or donald duck.
O.0

New avatars are being uploaded very soon. Including Wolf, Olimar, and more.

how do u put pics in ur sig, cant make it work
Use [IMG*] codes.
Put the URL in the [IMG*]{Put URL here}[/IMG*] code.

Oh, remove the *, of course.

Is it possible to set up a Team Tournament in tournament mode?
No, unfortunately.

Tiwaz

Smash Cadet
I don't remember what told me this, but I heard that Ganondorf's purple stuff is called 'darkness' or something of that sort and then it mentioned Lucario's aura. Do these things add any sort of attack properties, or am I delusional/it doesn't change gameplay?

edit: Nevermind, I remembered that I read it on the Dojo. I feel stupid now.

Ichida

Smash Ace
I don't remember what told me this, but I heard that Ganondorf's purple stuff is called 'darkness' or something of that sort and then it mentioned Lucario's aura. Do these things add any sort of attack properties, or am I delusional/it doesn't change gameplay?

edit: Nevermind, I remembered that I read it on the Dojo. I feel stupid now.
It comes into play mainly in stickers for the SSE, as there are lots of stickers that work with a specific character's breed of attacks, such as PK, Darkness, Aura, Magic; stuff like that.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Does the footstool jump have any priority when spiking? Is is it automatically overridden if your opponent is attacking or recovering?

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman

Twek

Smash Cadet
im sure this has already been asked but what causes a character to trip?
and is it possible to start off as sheik in brawl?... i use the wii mote and i have yet to figure out what button you hold to start as sheik.

Ichida

Smash Ace
im sure this has already been asked but what causes a character to trip?
and is it possible to start off as sheik in brawl?... i use the wii mote and i have yet to figure out what button you hold to start as sheik.
Randomness.

Click Sheik's picture after selecting Zelda... why the hell does everyone miss this? <.<;

Garandrar

Smash Rookie
What is DI?

For wave dashing, when you jump, dash, repeat: How are you people falling so fast after making such a little leap?

Thanks.

pirkid

Smash Lord
What is DI?

For wave dashing, when you jump, dash, repeat: How are you people falling so fast after making such a little leap?

Thanks.
DI is Directional Influence. When your launched from an attack, pushed teh control stick in a certain direction with influce where your characters moves through the air .Same applies for any attack, really.

E.G If you flying horizontally, you'd want to DI up. If you are flying vertically up, you'd want to DI left or right, towards the stage.

When your momentum stops, you can freely move your character in the air.

In the Subspace, why does R.O.B. have a fire flower every time you start with him?
You probably have a sticker on him that makes him start with a FF every time. There are Bob-omb stickers, Beam Sword stickers, etc.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I'm sorry if this was answered before, but how do you put the character icon below your post count?

Punz

Smash Rookie
<-------------------- New to this site, not to the smash world, but some of the abrieviations you guys use i have no idea what they mean, like fair and bair, and a bunch of others, im guess fair and bair means forward and backward in the air, so if u can post something with the most common abrieviations u guys use, so i can better understand the majority of the forum.

kooky

Smash Cadet
what is the best CPU level to train against? i mean witch level acts the most human like but is still good? i know in melee lv 8 was the best to train with, whats the best in brawl? (lvl 9 powershield everything and spotdodge very often, if you play against them you get the habit to abuse the ai to kick them, but i want to be good against humans.)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
<-------------------- New to this site, not to the smash world, but some of the abrieviations you guys use i have no idea what they mean, like fair and bair, and a bunch of others, im guess fair and bair means forward and backward in the air, so if u can post something with the most common abrieviations u guys use, so i can better understand the majority of the forum.
Fair-Forward Aerial
Bair-Backward Aerial
Nair-Neutral Aerial
Dair-Downward Aerial
Uair-Upward Aerial
n00b-Someone who is bad at smash or anything in general and thinks their good.
1337/l33t-Means "Leet" or "Elite". Those terms meaning "very good". Don't always believe them though.
10char-people put this in their posts that are less then 10 characters(words) because this forums limit is supposed to be 10 or more words per post.
Those are the ones I see used most often that I can think of(anyone think of more?). If you want new Brawl terms, maybe check out the tactical discussion.

what is the best CPU level to train against? i mean witch level acts the most human like but is still good? i know in melee lv 8 was the best to train with, whats the best in brawl? (lvl 9 powershield everything and spotdodge very often, if you play against them you get the habit to abuse the ai to kick them, but i want to be good against humans.)
Actually, don't get steered the wrong way. In Melee AND Brawl, level 1's are the best to train against. Level 9's lead you into bad habits such as rolling and having an opponent constantly rush you. Level 1's let you practice on combo ability's, edgehogging(not really), etc. Start training against level 1's and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
If you have friends, fight them instead. Humans are always better to face then computers.

Celeus

Smash Rookie
Can I fully customize Wi-Fi fights With Anyone? (Like special brawl or stock match).

zt004

Smash Rookie
Beginner question

Hi. I'm rather new to SSB in general. I was wondering how to do a low jump?

Whenever I push either the jump buttons on the [game cube] controller or the control stick up, I do a full jump but I see people in videos do small jumps, which would really help for some air attacks.

Thanks.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Hi. I'm rather new to SSB in general. I was wondering how to do a low jump?

Whenever I push either the jump buttons on the [game cube] controller or the control stick up, I do a full jump but I see people in videos do small jumps, which would really help for some air attacks.

Thanks.
You have to sort of flick the jump button instead of pressing it. It's a short input. Tap it, don't press it (If you know what I mean).

M.K

Level 55
Someone said there was an article written about Smashboards by someone called ED, can someone direct me to this article?

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
Someone said there was an article written about Smashboards by someone called ED, can someone direct me to this article?
:laugh:

ED is EncyclopediaDramatica, they're like the 4chan version of Wikipedia. I don't see an article on Smashboards but there articles on "Dylan_Tnga" and "tourney***".

You have been warned.

fransisco4

Smash Cadet
SSE SPOILER:

How do you dodge Tabuu red rings of death while in the floor besides shielding

M.K

Level 55
SSE SPOILER:

Just make sure to airdodge. On the floor= basically impossible. You can use Lucario's Double Team, but that only dodges one or two rings.

Garandrar

Smash Rookie
I am wondering how some of you are able to do a low jump and come down so quickly. I can easily perform the low jump, but how are you returning to the ground so fast?

This video has Zelda doing it, just in case no one understands my stance.

Zelda does it at the following times: 33, 39, 40

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eAIofUYGj7Y

I guess the same thing applies for wavedancing, since you return to the ground so faster with an airdodge, it looks like you do not even leave the ground.

Thanks.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
I am wondering how some of you are able to do a low jump and come down so quickly. I can easily perform the low jump, but how are you returning to the ground so fast?

This video has Zelda doing it, just in case no one understands my stance.

Zelda does it at the following times: 33, 39, 40

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eAIofUYGj7Y

I guess the same thing applies for wavedancing, since you return to the ground so faster with an airdodge, it looks like you do not even leave the ground.

Thanks.
to get a really short and quick jump do a short hop, then airdodge WHILE HOLDING DOWN. Holding down makes you DI downward.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
SSE SPOILER:

Meta-Kirby doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. >_> Those are not impossible to dodge on the floor, just do side steps and you're fine. Once you get the timing (which is a bit earlier than one might think) right it's the easiest way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom