• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Umh, it needs 12500m in fact, song's real name is Ai no Uta (French Version) (or that's what it is in US version) and it's from Pikmin. So if you have 60000ft (18000+ m) you should have it already since it needs "just" 37500ft. It's located in the right down corner in challenges screen.
Uh, no, there's a "commercial version" of the MGS4 Love Theme. I'm not sure how I got it, but it certainly exists.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
How exactly do I unlock the Play 30 hours of Brawl challange?
Just play vs. It's combined time by the way, so the more players you use the faster you will unlock that challenge.

How is the Classic Controller for Brawl?
Try yourself and see. I don't own CC myself but when I tried one it seemed ok. Second best after GC controller even though analog sticks could be a little farther from each other imo.

How do you insert a custom avatar?
Those are for premium members only (costs money).

Uh, no, there's a "commercial version" of the MGS4 Love Theme. I'm not sure how I got it, but it certainly exists.
Even if there is (which I doubt since I haven't heard anything about it and Music Guide on Gamfaqs doesn't say anything about it either) you won't unlock it the way original asker thought in his post. I specifically beat that challenge yesterday (in Japanese version since I almost had those needed 12500m) before answering the question and it was definitely Ai no Uta sang in French.

The reason why there's "Love Song (commercial version)" name floating in internet is because that is what you get when you translate song's name to English from Japanese. Ai no Uta means Love Song and they might have used French version of that songs when showing commercials of Pikmin or something because French more exotic to them than Japanese. I don't know this for sure but I suppose it could be like that. When translating, they didn't see it necessary to translate Ai no Uta and since there has probably not been any commercials outside Japan with that French version, they just changed word commercial to French in US version.

Before an online game starts, who decides the rules? Can special brawl be turned on?
Host will be first one to decide the rules (except for items and stages of course) but after that everyone in the game will has chance to change them once they get the turn. I'm not absolutely sure how it works but I think when game is 1v1 for example, host will be first one to choose rules and after you've played that game, the other one gets the turn. After that it's host again and so on.

Unfortunately special brawl work are offline only.

milind4

Smash Apprentice
Will turning WiiConnect24 off during standby mode affect my online play or my ability to receive data from my friends?

As in, when I turn on my Wii, will it automatically check whether there is any Brawl data waiting for me at Nintendo's servers?

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
How do I get the SSE bosses' trophies?
Like every other enemy in SSE, by throwing that trophy stand thing. To get one...? You just have to have a lot of patience and luck. The harder difficulty you use the better chance getting one. There's also stickers which give you a better chance of getting trophy stand item.

How do I disable stages from coming up when I choose Random stage?
Unlock all 41 stages and get extra options for vs (need 200 kills).

Memento

Smash Rookie
I've been wiki'ing a lot of terms I don't know, but is there a general collection of all basic terminology used? if so can someone link me.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
No one's answered this yet so Im posting it again:

How do I get both Galleom trophies?
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but you will get Galleom tank form trophy when you clear boss battle on intense. I understood that you have the one you get with that trophy stand item in SSE already, right?

I've been wiki'ing a lot of terms I don't know, but is there a general collection of all basic terminology used? if so can someone link me.
There's not one for Brawl yet but here's one for Melee. Even though not everything applies to Brawl anymore, most of the stuff is still the same.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
This really isn't that big or on topic of smash, but how do you hyperlink your words like Lantuu did with "here's one for Melee". I really want to do this.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
HOKAY. not so simple question but i decided not to be a nub and make a shiney new thread on something thats been discussed a million times. my only problem is that i dont remember the response/the answers weren't what i was looking for/can't find the threads.

anyways, i need a new gamecube controller. the only problem is that the only one nintendo stocks anymore is the silver one. not even on ebay do they have offical nintendo's in alt colors. i don't want another silver one, everyone else in my family and all my friends have one. screw that. my gamestop never gets in used ones, and the once a year they do they dont work well. now, i KNOW that 3rd parties fail in comparison to nintnedo. but meh..upon ebay searching, there is this one little pretty that sicks out...
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-WHITE-CONTROL...208994133QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130208994133
it looks exactly like the gamecube controller and its from a pretty self proclaimed established distributor. but its still not nintendo.

usually when these threads come up, people say "go with nintnedo" or "get a used one at gamestop" or something not helpful or "enb4lockz ROFLCOPTER" all of which deserve a hard slap in the face.

so my questions are...

is there a place where i can buy different new, not silver colored, offical gamecube controllers?
OR
would the link above be a good investment? (if you have not actually played with the exact brand above, please don't post)

thank you in advance to the responder to this post =]

Ichida

Smash Ace
*Generic nonsense*
Orrrrr... you could stop worrying about needless aesthetics and buy a silver one, you silver-hating racist. A different color controller won't make you a better player, nor will it merit you any respect. Nobody cares what color controller the guy they thwomp is using.

fsw

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to transfer my Brawl save file from one Wii to another?

I don't seem to be able to copy the file from Wii to SD card, in the Wii's data management menu. (I'm playing US Brawl on a Euro Wii - would that make a difference?)

I'm trying to transfer unlocked characters, not replays or screenshots. So, alternatively, can I download such a 'complete' save file somewhere on the Internet? (To put onto an SD card and copy over to a Wii, if it'll let me)

Thanks in advance, for any help.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Is it possible to transfer my Brawl save file from one Wii to another?

I don't seem to be able to copy the file from Wii to SD card, in the Wii's data management menu. (I'm playing US Brawl on a Euro Wii - would that make a difference?)

I'm trying to transfer unlocked characters, not replays or screenshots. So, alternatively, can I download such a 'complete' save file somewhere on the Internet? (To put onto an SD card and copy over to a Wii, if it'll let me)

Thanks in advance, for any help.
If the Wii Data management won't let you, for whatever reason, then I don't know of any alternative. Is it that much of a pain to just play through the SSE?

yawg07

Smash Rookie
How many different Stickers are there?
How many different Trophies are there?
How many different Songs are there?

I got the thing for 500 stickers, but there are more o_0

Mekuso8

Smash Rookie
I have a PAL Wii and a Freeloader, and the game works fine, but in black and white. Is there any solution to this, except buying a new TV? I read somewhere that buying an RGB-cable would solve the problem. Is this true? I use the standard PAL composite cables now.

Zerstoren

Smash Rookie
Is there a list, somewhere, with all the unlockables but without what is being unlocked? ie)

1) Clear event X or Play Y versus matches
2) Beat classic mode within "B" time
3) Collect "C" stickers
etc

I want to know what I should be focusing on to unlock things, but it's nice to be surprised.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Is there a list, somewhere, with all the unlockables but without what is being unlocked? ie)

1) Clear event X or Play Y versus matches
2) Beat classic mode within "B" time
3) Collect "C" stickers
etc

I want to know what I should be focusing on to unlock things, but it's nice to be surprised.
Umm, yeah. Good luck with that. In the meantime, here's a list of all unlockables and their methods. Avoid until your urge to resist spoilers gives out in favor of your desire to unlock them. :p http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=154987

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
Orrrrr... you could stop worrying about needless aesthetics and buy a silver one, you silver-hating racist. A different color controller won't make you a better player, nor will it merit you any respect. Nobody cares what color controller the guy they thwomp is using.
you sir, are an ***. i didnt ask for your opinion on what will earn more respect, nor do i care. i simply asked if there is anything different on the market, or if that controller would be a good purchase. no where should that have struck any hard feelings. asked a question, and i got a **** response that was not only rude, but was completely useless. thanks for nothing.

oh, and ps, an 800+ post count in 2 months wont merit you any respect either. it just shows how little of a life you have. **** off.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
How many different Stickers are there?
How many different Trophies are there?
How many different Songs are there?

I got the thing for 500 stickers, but there are more o_0
700 stickers, 544 trophies and 258 songs.

My game's in Japanese and I get this error when I try getting online: 20100, or something. How do I fix it?
I don't know what that error is nor how to fix it but have you checked google? Everytime I've got some error I've put the number of it to google and found out at least the meaning of error in less than a minute (and got the answer how to fix it (if it can be fixed) too).

Steck

Smash Journeyman
So I was online (in anyone mode) the other day and two people start doing a strange ritual with crouching. They stand on opposite sides and just crouch over and over again. I thought this was dumb so I just smashed them over the head but really... what the heck were they doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom