• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but I didn't want to read through all the posts:
I have a modified wii that I can't play Japanese Brawl on; would I be able to play US Brawl on it, or would it be blocked too? (I honestly hope not, I've been waiting for Brawl for the past six months ><)

Pi

Smash Hero
Powershielding is easier, but it doesn't reflect projectiles. It can be used to parry attacts pretty efficiently, though.

Brooks

Smash Rookie
In your opinions does the game look better with deflicker on or off?

Dither

Smash Apprentice
Is there any truth to a rumor I heard that holding the Shield button while choosing Mushroomy Kingdom will allow you to automatically choose the underground stage?
Holding R on the GC controller will always go on the underground stage. Don't know about any other control styles.

In your opinions does the game look better with deflicker on or off?
It looks a lot better with deflicker on my CRT TV.

Can you save wifi matches as replays?
If they are under 3 minutes long, yes.

If I play a 5 minute brawl and I can only record 2 minutes of video, do i decide when the recording starts or is it random????
You do not get the option to record if it is over 3 minutes long.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but I didn't want to read through all the posts:
I have a modified wii that I can't play Japanese Brawl on; would I be able to play US Brawl on it, or would it be blocked too? (I honestly hope not, I've been waiting for Brawl for the past six months ><)
I guess it depends on your modchip. If it's Wiikey, tough luck. No original Brawl will work with it even though backups run smoothly. Not so sure about others.

Can you record a match longer than three minutes if you have a Wii SD card?
Nope.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
In order to unlock Lucario in SSE, do I HAVE to pick Metaknight when Metaknight and Lucario fight or can I pick Lucario at that point and still unlock it?

snowmanboy

Smash Rookie
I don't undersand all these terms people use, like one was DI Smash, idk what that is. is there a thread that informs us of all these terms us newbs don't understand? if anyone could list some I would appreciate it. thanks.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
how long does it take ur average smasher to beat the sse on any difficulty?
are the rules for the with anyone online mode always a 2-min time match?
and on a less serious note, is dedede as awesome as he looks?

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
If I beat a person on WiFi that's playing with a character I don't own, do I get to challenge that character if I win?

Also, do Basic Brawls on WiFi count for normal brawl matches to unlock characters?

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Aight, kind of a confusing question, but here we go:

Say I have 3 GC remotes, and 2 Wii remotes. Can I still use all 3 GC controllers, or would I need a 3rd Wii remote? :confused:

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
When using the dragoon or snake's final smash with the wiimote or wiimote/nunchaku, do you use the wiimote's on screen reticule to aim instead of the control pad/stick?

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
Two character-specific questions:

1) Does Mario's down smash do the same damage/knockback in front of him and behind? In Melee it did significantly less if it hit someone behind him, and that always annoyed me.

2) Is it Pikachu's nair or bair that does multiple hits now?

Knight-errant

Smash Apprentice
Is Fox's shine larger now. Like, is it's hitbox bigger? Because it looks way bigger now than in Melee (maybe just fox himself is bigger?)

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
In order to unlock Lucario in SSE, do I HAVE to pick Metaknight when Metaknight and Lucario fight or can I pick Lucario at that point and still unlock it?
I did choose Metaknight but knowing how SSE works and how the story continues later on I'm absolutely sure you will get Lucario even if you choose him over MK in that battle.

I don't undersand all these terms people use, like one was DI Smash, idk what that is. is there a thread that informs us of all these terms us newbs don't understand? if anyone could list some I would appreciate it. thanks.
Hope this topic helps a bit.

If I beat a person on WiFi that's playing with a character I don't own, do I get to challenge that character if I win?

Also, do Basic Brawls on WiFi count for normal brawl matches to unlock characters?
No to first, yes to second.

When using the dragoon or snake's final smash with the wiimote or wiimote/nunchaku, do you use the wiimote's on screen reticule to aim instead of the control pad/stick?
No.

my buddys keep bugging me idk i havent read anything about it but can u go wifi with 2 players 1 wii idc who tells me XD
Up to 3 players can play on same Wii but only on friend code matches. With anyone games are limited to 1 player per console.

Two character-specific questions:

1) Does Mario's down smash do the same damage/knockback in front of him and behind? In Melee it did significantly less if it hit someone behind him, and that always annoyed me.

2) Is it Pikachu's nair or bair that does multiple hits now?
1) Still the same. Fully charged down smash gives 21 damage when it hits in front of him while behind is 16 damage. Knocback is also less behind him.

2) Bair

Is Fox's shine larger now. Like, is it's hitbox bigger? Because it looks way bigger now than in Melee (maybe just fox himself is bigger?)
It's pretty much the same even though it may look bigger. The furthest layer which you can see flashing immediately when you do shine doesn't make any damage or knockback.

Are there still post match statistics like "damage done" and "fastest pitch"? And if so, which ones are there?
Yes. I have Japanese version though so I can't give anything specific. Anyway, the list is pretty big and to me it looks like there's pretty much everything Melee had. "Damage done" is definitely in and "fastest pitch" might be too since there are 2 different xx km/h values shown. I miss the scores though, no more Switzerland, Edge Hogger and such.:(

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
Do you select music frequency by franchise, or by stage?

That is, can I make it so the Mario Sunshine songs only play on Delfino Plaza and not the Mushroomy Kingdom?

Sorry if this was covered on the Dojo... I just want to make sure that you can change it by stage.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Do you select music frequency by franchise, or by stage?

That is, can I make it so the Mario Sunshine songs only play on Delfino Plaza and not the Mushroomy Kingdom?

Sorry if this was covered on the Dojo... I just want to make sure that you can change it by stage.
Songs are pre-set for each stage. For example songs which are on Delfino Plaza can't be heard on Mushroomy kindgom and vice versa.

regorris

Smash Apprentice
I have a wii system/brawl question: Is there any way to force the wii to enter disk-mode at startup?

I don't want to have to fish for my wiimote when I'm not going to use it for Brawl.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
So is it true that Lucas has a Claus costume? Or did the man on the internetz lie to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom