• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! Another question about Stickers and Challenges mode: Are there unique stickers, or can you get multiple copies of every sticker in the game? If a sticker is available only through a challenge, can you do that challenge again to get another sticker? If stickers are unique, can they still be used in SSE? I'd be really sad if I accidentally ruined my sticker collection. :(
I don't think there are any unique stickers. But if there are I have no idea if those can be used in SSE. Haven't bothered playing too much with them since I have no idea which sticker gives which bonus. And yes, if there's a sticker shown in challenge mode you will get a new one every time you fulfill its requirements.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
Ok, a question about the new Air dodge:

I know that it doesn't move you like it did in Melee, but after you preform the airdodge do you gain some control of your character? Like if you airdodge can you then DI the airdodge towards the Stage? and if so do remain invincible during the whole Airdodge animation? or is there some frames where you're vunerable before you regain control of your character?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
There are some frames where you are invincible, but after a short time, you regain control of your character. You still continue your momentum during the airdodge, so it really matters what your DI was before you dodged.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
How much is Brawl supposed to retail for?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Marth be cause he is everyones counterpick ;)
qft, a ditto would be maths own counterpick

we should wait for the game to release in the US before we start counter picking characters. somewhere after a month or wo well have that kind of stuff almost sorted out

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I've played about 14 hours of brawl at Chudats house and watched at least 300 videos of DDD matches, i think any character with a very good down spike and moderatlyfast to very fast will be a good counter-pick against DDD, having said that i think Toon Link is the best candidate, he's the only character i've seen really do effectively well against DDD in every match.

What do uall think??

Koga

Smash Journeyman
There are some frames where you are invincible, but after a short time, you regain control of your character. You still continue your momentum during the airdodge, so it really matters what your DI was before you dodged.
Is there anytime where you're not invincible nor do you have control of your character?
and does colliding with the ground give you control of your character?

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
In the Japanese version of Brawl, can you write with English characters (as in letters) on your Online name, Text Messages, Stage Builder stage names etc.?

blue_blur_fan

Smash Rookie
If you comlete criteria for unlocking more than one character, do you fight both (one after the other)? For example, I believe you unlock Sonic after 10 Classic mode run-throughs. And I think that you unlock Toon Link after 1 Classic mode run-through with Link. So if it was your tenth Classic-mode run through, and you were playing as Link (assuming you hadn't already unlocked Toon Link), would you fight Sonic and Toon Link? Or would it just be one of them, and then you have to repeat for the other?

I know that's a bit wordy, but I hope I got my point across.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
If you comlete criteria for unlocking more than one character, do you fight both (one after the other)? For example, I believe you unlock Sonic after 10 Classic mode run-throughs. And I think that you unlock Toon Link after 1 Classic mode run-through with Link. So if it was your tenth Classic-mode run through, and you were playing as Link (assuming you hadn't already unlocked Toon Link), would you fight Sonic and Toon Link? Or would it just be one of them, and then you have to repeat for the other?

I know that's a bit wordy, but I hope I got my point across.
I believe I've done something like that, but at the time you play both 100 matches and 20 matches with DK (If that's an achievement) then you'll face the first one. After a new match (Like any random fight) You'll get the second. Havn't encountered two battles after eachother.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, my question is. when you perform a footstool jump do you get a second jump, or does that FS jump count as the second jump? This question mostly reguards yoshi since his first jump and footstool jump have nothing on his flutter jump.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Are there selectable victory poses like in Melee (after you win the fight) and how do you do it?

KingTejada

Smash Rookie
I have a question, and I apologize if its already been answered. Can the US version of Brawl change its language to Japanese? Including character victory poses, taunts and voice over? Thanks.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, my question is. when you perform a footstool jump do you get a second jump, or does that FS jump count as the second jump? This question mostly reguards yoshi since his first jump and footstool jump have nothing on his flutter jump.
It works basically like wall jump. You neither lose your second jump or get a new one.

I have a question, and I apologize if its already been answered. Can the US version of Brawl change its language to Japanese? Including character victory poses, taunts and voice over? Thanks.
Nope.

goeyduck

Smash Rookie
Is there a handicap feature like there was in Melee? If so, does it have an auto feature, and does it work much the same?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Alrighty, I have a quick question.

I pre-ordered Brawl before the Feb. 10th delay, in either September or October. Gamestop said I would recieve it on the day of release, but that was when it wasnt on a Sunday. So I am wondering, will I recieve it on Sunday via special delivery, or will I get it on Monday?

GenKyro

Smash Rookie
i was looking in the item encyclopedia and i didn't see the red shell anywhere...anyone know if it's in the game or not?

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, I have a quick question.

I pre-ordered Brawl before the Feb. 10th delay, in either September or October. Gamestop said I would recieve it on the day of release, but that was when it wasnt on a Sunday. So I am wondering, will I recieve it on Sunday via special delivery, or will I get it on Monday?
Gamestop claims that you will get it on Monday (I've asked), but I'm not so sure.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
i was looking in the item encyclopedia and i didn't see the red shell anywhere...anyone know if it's in the game or not?
No Red Shell, Parasol, Barrel Cannon, Flipper, or Cloaking Device. There may be more that are taken out, but that's all I can think of.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
Yes, you can. That's been reported several times.

Sorry, Hippo, dunno on yours.
Hey Youko, do you know the answer to my question about the airdodge mechanics?

are there frames where you are vunerable and not in control of your character after an Airdodge?
and do you regain control of your character as soon as you make contact with the ground?

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
I know it's a hectic life and all being a mod on the smashboards you must be mobbed with Pm's

But a single question arises in my mind

Did Samurai Panda read my pm yet? xD

~Eagerly awaiting a response on that particular pm for it's content's sake >>~

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Hey Youko, do you know the answer to my question about the airdodge mechanics?

are there frames where you are vunerable and not in control of your character after an Airdodge?
and do you regain control of your character as soon as you make contact with the ground?
Nope, your not invunarable after an airdodge, only in the timespan of the animation. And you regain full controll of your character on the ground, I think theres an unnoticable short ammount of lag time though, landing procces. It's however awesome to know you can airdodge as many times as you'd like this time arround.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
If I play a 5 minute brawl and I can only record 2 minutes of video, do i decide when the recording starts or is it random????
You can only press Z after a match ends when you've played a match of 3 minutes or less. It's not like you can play a 15 minute match and pick out the best parts. However, you can stop the game at any time (under the 3 minute time) and at the NO CONTEST screen save your video nontheless. Saving video's is more used for common things like awesome matches or homeruncontest videos. Target runs are awesome to check back aswell!

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Is there any truth to a rumor I heard that holding the Shield button while choosing Mushroomy Kingdom will allow you to automatically choose the underground stage?

Mystery XIII

Smash Rookie
does it make me a noob that i only use ssb 64 tactics in melee? i.e not using wavedash etc. i've done well against people who do use adv techs in melee despite not knowing how to use them like they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom