• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
We can get away with well-spaced moves on shield against most characters.

But the second anything at all hits Marth's shield, it's an up b to the face.

Worst offender of this is Goldenike. That guy knew the MU so well, and dolphin slashed me the same frame I hit his shield.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well at least his upB is a pretty ****ty punish so it's not that big deal. Better than getting tippered in the face.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
He doesn't need to just outright tipper your face. That's what Grab Release >Fair is for lol.

This MU is kinda gay, normal :gw: tactics get ***** by Marth <_<

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes, aren't you supposed to do something about the thread?

And because you have to play so differently against Marth is why people always consider it so damn hard and say Marth totally ***** GW. This is obviously not true and Marth is only a very hard MU, but not a counter to us.

LinkinHand

Smash Apprentice
^this
@ mars16
good marth just do the up b oos against that or even in hitstund they just can do up b
fair is reaaly a good choice
also dthrow and good spaced dtilt

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Marth is one of the hardest characters to techchase after a Dthrow. Unless going for the kill, I'd stick to Uthrow.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Why not just regrab or fair instead? A dthrow -> DA is kinda worthless compared to Uthrow -> Juggle.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Becuase the first thing that comes to my mind is dthrow every time I grab.

But Ill try upthrow to then...

(Still learning this character)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you time the dash attack so it ends near the same time it hits you can get some legit followups off of it.
Sure, but to do that you would have to read your opponents tech options. An Uthrow is a less effective, but easier option.

Does our bucket's power change based on the freshness/staleness of the projectile?
As the buckets power is dependent on the % the projectile deals I would say yes.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yes, because of the same logic as aura. The game determines bucket strength not by the attack but by the power of the move. Therefore it would only make sense that weakened versions of those moves are weaker buckets.

What I mean is: the game doesn't say "This is a pika thunder, therefore this bucket will be strong" it says "This move does X amount of percent/knockback" or whatever

I'm not 100% sure but I don't see why it'd be any other way.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you are asking if a move stales when it's absorbed, then no. It has to hit something and do damage for it to happen. Bucket just makes the projectile disappear and gives you charge. So if you haven't been hit by an aura sphere at all, they will all be fresh.

D

Deleted member 189823

What characters is the D-Throw to F-Smash garanteed on (for a kill)?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Lower weight characters. Like MK and Falco. Anything heavier than or close to as heavy as Marth will avoid it. I won't bother checking everything, but you should just try it yourself.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I believe it is generally 4 frames between each hit. Mashing B could make it faster, but I doubt it and 4 is the most it can be.
When nado is first used, before it hits a shield or a hurtbox, it has a CONSTANT hitbox every single frame, so you cannot avoid the first of the nado without shielding it.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
So today i played a snake and, and found out that his Utlit out ranges are Nair (my favorite move :<)

How do u go about destroying Snake?

(Im sure we dont destroy him, I just like using that word)

I'm sort of interested in that as well. As I see it, G&W thrives in the air, but Snake can just wait for G&W to land and attack him in the lag. Once G&W gets Snake in the air its a different matter. But I am not sure what the approach should be against a grounded snake.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The MU is interesting in that Snake absolutely destroys us in the ground, but we absolutely destroy him in the air. Getting him into the air is hard, but once it's done, Snake is going to eat a lot of damage. Uair renders all his wavebounces and nades useless and beats all of his options. Though in the ground you are in a similar position. I would suggest attempting to grab Snake a bit more. Jump with your backside towards Snake so he'll expect a bair, then fastfall and immediately grab. He shouldn't be able to react to it.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You dance around him, making him shield, you full hop fair him to reduce the shield more, then you bair to shield poke or get lucky and shield poke with a fair and if you catch him when he has no grenades to cover his ***, he's pretty much combo food for a long time.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Basically it's poking around and forcing mistakes until you get him in the air.

Then you obliterate him.

Utilt is GODLIKE at low percentage vs Snake, just saying. One hit of that bad boy at low %, and I promise you'll get around 50% or more in on him.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Are you sure Snake can't pull a 1 frame nade between utilts?
Though I agree it's awesome when landed, how are you gonna land an utilt against Snake? It requires you to take a ******** risk imo.

Dueler X

Smash Cadet
Also, against good Snakes, pay attention to how often you use Bair,
they might already know how to SDI it correctly for a Uair or a Bair punish,
be it on the ground or high-up in the air, some may found more efficient to actually take some hits
and then counter than to let their shield be damaged.

And basically, yes, we do obliterate them in the air, if you time Uair correctly.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Are you sure Snake can't pull a 1 frame nade between utilts?
Though I agree it's awesome when landed, how are you gonna land an utilt against Snake? It requires you to take a ******** risk imo.
The next utilt will hit his legs while airborne, not the nade.

I hit with utilt a lot. Snakes will try to spotdodge your grab attempts when you get close, so why not utilt in stead? Its timing makes it hit them out of spotdodges.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Why would he spotdodge grab attempts when he could either nade -> spotdodge or just ftilt you to death.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
When all of our moves basically make spotdodging useless? I would shield instead since we can't do much against shields from the air.

Top Bottom