• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Transcended priority would cut through any specials(MK's tornado is the famous example here).
Most aerials dont do this without proper positioning(usually from the top)

Dueler X

Smash Cadet
Ever tried to counter a tornado with an aerial B-reverse ?
The frying pan's hitbox transcends it even from the side of the tornado,
the timing is hard, as it only lasts 3 frames when the food is coming out, but it's worth learning it.
Its semi-spike trajectory makes it all the more interesting, lzr also told me that you do not have to
launch all 5 pieces of food with B-reverse if you double tap B ; by any chance the one piece of food
launched will cover your approach.

Your opponent might know the trick after one or two times,
and will try to bait you with doing it by staying far enough from the frying pan's hitbox,
and hitting you at cooldown frames between each food launch,
but then again, food does usually hit MK from above him from this safe distance I stated earlier,
which corresponds to 1 crouching bowser and a half.

From this scenario, 3 things could happen :
- MK mashed B like a no-brain it is and end up B-siding instead after being hit by food from above
(it's usually unexpected), go for a punish.
- MK is hit, try to benefit from its landing lag and food hitstun and go for a grab or maybe a smash.
(depending on your distance from him)
- MK is hit but far enough to shield / spotdodge your appoach, but there are still food remaining
up in the air, he would just stay on his shield, roll away or try to force an UpB when you appoach
(which maybe its worse choice, he would be hit again by food as its invicibility frames covers only
its ground startup), you may try to go for a grab / smash too.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
LOL

Geez Dueler you really are ****ing crazy

learn how to beat tornado with B-reversed bacon?

that is some serious next level ****, I am NOT worthy lol

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
If I lose to Sonic? What about you? What changed???? I mean it's pretty obvious Nazo is on a whole different level than me @ournewPR

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
If I lose to Sonic? What about you? What changed???? I mean it's pretty obvious Nazo is on a whole different level than me @ournewPR
I'm talking about me. I want to study the matchup and get my Peach match critiqued but you have my matches... that you FORCED me to save, so the least you can do is let me watch em'

please =3

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

Also we should team one of these tourneys. We COULD do double Gdubs. I'd rather do MK Gdubs but i have this weird feeling we would do well as double Gdubs.

Or Maybe gdubs, D3

if you want, I know you have a static partner so I don't care, I only play dubs for fun anyway not really to win.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Well next tourney I'm teaming with Heysuess, double D3 too good. But we should definitely team sometime, maybe during a Tuscon Tourney or something? Me and Panda are static, but not completely.

(and I'm probably going to UofA next year, I got a really good offer, so assuming I stay active until then, we could team)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Transcended priority would cut through any specials(MK's tornado is the famous example here).
Most aerials dont do this without proper positioning(usually from the top)
Yes, this is a special case because tornado is quite glitched when it comes to aerials. It's not supposed to work like that...
At least our uair should be transcendent, sometimes I see it clank with nado and MK won't go anywhere. So dumb.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I played mk. It seems are dair out prioritizes his up b. Atleast during some frames of his upb when I clashed into it.

Maybe not out prioritize it but we both take damage.

Are key also beets the top of his nado to.

am I wrong about this? I did it and it happened.

:phone:

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I thought so!!

After seeing that, Metaknight became my favorite mactch up with G&W!!

on to Meow Question

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yes. That's how we're supposed to beat it and pop him up, because we have invincibility in the beginning

I play with tap jump off though so meh =/

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Seriously just use tapjump. It offers so many benefits and makes several things so much simpler. Especially with the trigger buttons that are kinda tricky so I just use tapjump.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
So, we all have this one MU we can't deal with, no matter which character we use. In my case, it's Luigi : for some reason I always seem to do bad against him, even with G&W.

Can anyone please give me a few advices on how to deal with him ?

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Luigi has pretty low range, and his shield push is very far. His UpB can kill us really early but it's not easy for him to land it unless you fish for kills.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
If you play really basic it's a lot easier because our character just naturally has properties that luigi has a hard time dealing with.

I'm no genius at the matchup, but as far things you can do you can spam bair because luigi's shield sucks and it's harder for him to powershield than fairing his shield. Don't get powershielded. Luigi's learn to PS a lot because their shield sucks. Wall him out with Dtilt and bair. Make him chase you around because he's annoying as **** and slippery but you don't really have to chase him and he's not the greatest at chasing anyway. Be prepared for grounded tornado that's a surprisingly stupid move. It's really fast. Don't fall for his stupid **** below the stage either. His kill moves are faster but yours have more range, just outspace him. I use to have a luigi problem until I stopped chasing himand made him start chasing me and trying to get MY hitboxes and the same luigi's that were beating me (a long time ago though) started complaining about how hard gdubs is.

And bucket is useful but dont be obvious or dumb about it, they'll try to do that stupid bait you into using it so they can get a kill move off thing. intentionally hover outside their mid range and bucket off stage or from the ledge.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I think the design of our character makes it impossible for us to really shut down anyone except characters that REALLY suck like Falcon and Jiggs.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You guys really need to play a good falcon and realize he is not as bad as you think.
I used to play stroumbert on wifi all the time back in the day. And my friend (although I am better than he is) is an amazing Falcon. He's beaten my peach in tourney (he is kyle like BEST friend though)

i've seen what falcon can do, if you don't expect it falcon can be pretty hard to fight, every character is like that in the hands of a good user. but he still sucks.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
He is most certainly not jiggs level. I wouldn't even consider him in h-tier. He is a low tier character but not one we simply shut down. But this assumption that he is jiggs level is wrong

:phone:

Top Bottom