• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Fsmash doesn't work on heavies, where Dtilt works on everyone. Though I think using Dtilt after a Dthrow is a huge waste. Why would you do that for 6% damage when you can go for the hardest punishes you can think of? Just Uthrow them and uair them or nair them and you get twice the damage much easier.
Dthrow -> Dash attack is much better than Dtilt always.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Fsmash doesn't work on heavies, where Dtilt works on everyone. Though I think using Dtilt after a Dthrow is a huge waste. Why would you do that for 6% damage when you can go for the hardest punishes you can think of? Just Uthrow them and uair them or nair them and you get twice the damage much easier.
Dthrow -> Dash attack is much better than Dtilt always.
Dthrow>Dtilt is good as **** in doubles, someone taught me

Dthrow>Dash Attack is my most common followup

Dthrow>Usmash destroys most of my opponents mentally. They always go: wtf that killed me at [insert percentage]?!

and either get really mad or just get really scared

Dthrow>Fair is probably my second most used followup.

Dthrow>falling side-B is one I use when i'm feelign the mojo but that isn't very reliable. not even because of the number just because of the way the hitbox is.

D

Deleted member 189823

Is D-Throw - F-Air/Dash attack garanteed on opponents who are still on the ground?
Also, I like to Jab cancel into grabs and D-Tilt, otherwise I don't use those unless they're followed-up from a Jab.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Is D-Throw - F-Air/Dash attack garanteed on opponents who are still on the ground?
Also, I like to Jab cancel into grabs and D-Tilt, otherwise I don't use those unless they're followed-up from a Jab.
Yeah.

10dashattack'slingeringhotboxesthatevencatchsomecharacterswhentheytechinplace

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Its not guaranteed because they can tech it, but its great when they dont but I prefer dsmash against lighter characters.

:phone:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Read the the tech chasing guide posted over here. It contains all the frame data and roll lengths for each character so you know your options.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Tbh I think our Dthrow followups are retardedly hard to do well. Compare it to like Snake and you'll see he has it 5 times easier. We cannot do anything out of reaction and we generally have to buffer the moves in order to hit them. But just think if you could consistently do it... We would totally wreck.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I would format it in a chart

Character. No tech. Tech in place. tech roll. Missed tech roll

And then put all the options that hit and you can make note of any percent variations.

:phone:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don't think a flow chart would work because if they tech we usually don't have "if they tech roll left, do x" it's more like "if you think they'll tech roll left, do x."

-LzR-

Smash Hero
We already have that in text format in a thread, but I guess a chart would make it so people actually spend more than a minute to look at it.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i sorta agree with a chart, easier to look at lol.

Simple chart would be easier, as tech said.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
For the flowchart, it would still be good to know which characters you need to buffer your inputs in order to catch them out of the missed tech to roll, I.e. snake, and which ones you can wait to see what they're going to do and go for the read.

Also getup times, points of vulnerability in the roll and all that jazz.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I can help with the flowchat thing if you want. Anything to contribute really.
I have the time and stuff that's needed. I just need to be not lazy...

D

Deleted member 189823

Not really a question, but:

Recommend me follow-ups/combos.
So far, I thought of:

Jab - D-Tilt to N-Air. Maybe you can catch the opponent's landing with pivot grab.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Not sure if the dash is meant to be the same as "to".

Jab to Nair is a decent enough followup at close range, assuming they don't hit you out of Nair before the hitbox comes out (i.e. Falco jabs you). D-tilt to Nair I don't see happening due to the knockback, and definitely not a regrab out of Nair at higher percents.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I either do jab to grab or jab to dtilt. If I notice the jab isn't safe I try to upB away.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It doesn't even really matter since like a lot of projectiles give you the maximum power bucket either way.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
How do you go about Destroying Marths? that know the match up.

Its like they jsut no when Ill try to turtle them or fish bowl them,

Yea be unpredictable, but that just not enough, becuase they jst KNOW!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Against Marth your main move will be fair. Try to get in grabs too. It's not like the fair is unbeatable. Only in theory. Juggle him to no end and try to edgeguard him. It's not as bad as people say, but it's still an uphill battle. Don't do stupid stuff like Bair a shield or spam smashes unless you want to get tipper fsmashes at 70% and die. You have to play so differently against Marth. Play as safe as possible. Try not to commit too much. And if Marth is at a safe distance, bacon can be helpful. If he attacks it he gets extra hitlag where you can sneak in a fair as well.

Top Bottom