• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Jumpshine saves lives... I use it all the time on my way down from aerials when my opponent is below me. Unless they outrange us it causes invicibility that can negate your opponents attack and leave you in perfect position to smash/grab or whatever you can think of in his cooldown frames. i guess that's not really a jumpshine but it's an aerial shine nonetheless. btw shine ->dtilt is pretty good, especially to mix things up.

that's my little rant, take what you will.
That's not jumpshine. That is just shine when you fall on an opponent shining.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
i guess that's not really a jumpshine but it's an aerial shine nonetheless.

btw shine ->dtilt is pretty good, especially to mix things up.
I'm pretty sure he knows that it isn't a jumpshine, Seagull. Read a bit more carefully :p

And yeah, shine -> dtilt is even guaranteed on some characters iirc :O Don't remember which ones though, I'd have to look that up.

:059:

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
so wait... jumpshine is when you jump oos using tap jump then shine right? its like upsmash oos right? i'm so confused...

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
That picture made my eyes bleed from the awesome.

So ****ing awesome. But I still gotta link it :< You gotta watch out for that :p

Anyways, back to topic. Jumpshine doesn't need to be out of shield, it's basically a FH shine where you execute the shine on the way up to get off the ground with invincibility while sending out the hitbox to prevent people from giving chase. And speaking of jumpshine, it really is ****.

Peppers

Smash Apprentice
It's great for defense or "retreating". Jumpshine->bair and as you jump jump away slightly from your opponent and shine right away then bair out of it. Alot of people know of it but for those who don't it causes hitstun so they have less time to shield when the bair comes out.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
It's great for defense or "retreating". Jumpshine->bair and as you jump jump away slightly from your opponent and shine right away then bair out of it. Alot of people know of it but for those who don't it causes hitstun so they have less time to shield when the bair comes out.
yes the jumpshine -> bair is a very important sequence in the BAIR DANCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXUcOei3FUM

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I looked at some of the guides & I did not find out how to Illusion Cancel. I read the applications, but it did not tell me what buttons to press to execute the cancel. Is it the B-move after a few frames of Side-b?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I looked at some of the guides & I did not find out how to Illusion Cancel. I read the applications, but it did not tell me what buttons to press to execute the cancel. Is it the B-move after a few frames of Side-b?
I FINALLY found the post I learned this from x___x

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4992103&post4992103

Basically, you want to find a visual or audial cue that fits with your reaction time so you can land the cancel. Once you find out what that cue is, keep practicing it until you can get it worked into your muscle memory.

Hope that helped :)

Peppers

Smash Apprentice
i really should learn to illusion cancel...

If you illusion cancel will he still grab the ledge immediately? I don't do it so i really don't know how it works. All i know is it cancels the illusion to reduce distance.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
iirc you do grab the ledge when you flash cancel but i don't think it cuts back on your distance, normal flash halts all momentum after his little claw slash, i think once its canceled you keep momentum and go further

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Even without the CG, Wario's a beast against Wolf...Aerial ability minimizes Wolf's zoning ability, good KO power with either Fsmash, Uair, or Waft, Dair covers a lot of Wolf's options (Even beats Jumpshine), his weight makes Wolf's normal kill options unviable until around 180...Not to mention Fsmash can punish Shine, Fsmash, etc. and bite punishes shields which makes Usmash OoS less effective, Bike beats grounded Blaster, followups from Dthrow...

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Even without the CG, Wario's a beast against Wolf...Aerial ability minimizes Wolf's zoning ability, good KO power with either Fsmash, Uair, or Waft, Dair covers a lot of Wolf's options (Even beats Jumpshine), his weight makes Wolf's normal kill options unviable until around 180...Not to mention Fsmash can punish Shine, Fsmash, etc. and bite punishes shields which makes Usmash OoS less effective, Bike beats grounded Blaster, followups from Dthrow...

I don't think so. I have a harder time with ur D3 than I do with ur wario (in real life not online play)

Peppers

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so. I have a harder time with ur D3 than I do with ur wario (in real life not online play)
Yeah i definitely agree DDD is harder than wario imo. DDD's bair comes out faster his fair has more reach and outprioritezes. He's got what 4 jumps? Not to mention cg to ledge->fthrow-> bair gimp.

IRL i think wario is a hard matchup but not worse than DDD. Oh and sh blaster>bike.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I would rather use Wario than DDD against Wolf. DDD just preys off of mistakes more (so he would be better at lower levels of play). Wario has better openings and KO options...For DDD, I rarely get a kill before 170, usually much higher...Wario can kill quite easily at 130 with a fresh Uair or Fsmash near the edge. The only reason you have more trouble against DDD is because we usually play on FD so the CG plays such a big role (On the smaller stages, its a lot more even); Wario would be a lot more versatile on other stages.

I forgot another reason, Wario owns Wolf's planking method.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wario's fsmash... :( Super armor is pretty stupid.

I agree with the low levels of play thing that Turtle said. Shine should beat dair though, so long as we're not coming from right below Wario... but since he has such great aerial mobility, it might be easier said than done.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Wario's fsmash... :( Super armor is pretty stupid.

I agree with the low levels of play thing that Turtle said. Shine should beat dair though, so long as we're not coming from right below Wario... but since he has such great aerial mobility, it might be easier said than done.

If u block his fsmash tho its got punish written all over it

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I would rather use Wario than DDD against Wolf. DDD just preys off of mistakes more (so he would be better at lower levels of play). Wario has better openings and KO options...For DDD, I rarely get a kill before 170, usually much higher...Wario can kill quite easily at 130 with a fresh Uair or Fsmash near the edge. The only reason you have more trouble against DDD is because we usually play on FD so the CG plays such a big role (On the smaller stages, its a lot more even); Wario would be a lot more versatile on other stages.

I forgot another reason, Wario owns Wolf's planking method.
If you're using D3 and it takes that long to kill you could do what Coney does. He down throws all the way to the edge and then charges a dsmash in place. If they roll either direction or just get up they will get hit. If they get up attack then this wouldn't work. Though this is against characters that fall rather then can be regrabbed immediately. Generally D3s kill with Utilt cause it kills so early and has massive priority. So if someone lands on a platform you can just Utilt them and then if they shield they will be sent off the platform, making you able to Dsmash if they don't tech.

Most of this is what your opponent can do and what you can do given select situations.
Yeah i definitely agree DDD is harder than wario imo. DDD's bair comes out faster his fair has more reach and outprioritezes. He's got what 4 jumps? Not to mention cg to ledge->fthrow-> bair gimp.

IRL i think wario is a hard matchup but not worse than DDD. Oh and sh blaster>bike.
You shouldn't get gimped by a fthrow>bair at edge. In fact that bair shouldn't be able to hit you if you Di right. Unless you Di the floor or to the death zone you shouldn't get gimped or hit. Di straight up when they back throw. Because then you can just fall and grab the edge with a side b. Or if you want to play riskier you could up b immediately after the bthrow and aim straight at the D3. Would be hilarious. Also possible damage or you get punished.

I don't think D3s ever gimp me, but I get killed by Utilts.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
True enough... but super armor on something that fast makes it great for plowing through shff bairs and the like :<

Jab > fsmash is guaranteed too, iirc ;_;

Wario frame data, for those that care: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210128&highlight=frame+data

The fsmash is usually easy to see coming and it shud only kill early if ur at the edge like turtle says. I usually get killed with the booty clap (uair), or a surprise waft. The super armor is very gay tho T_T

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
How do you explain the really bad knockback on the first clip of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjudhMaOkj8

EDIT: Just found that the dsmash has a sour spot that occurs when using the dsmash on an enemy that is standing 'inside' you.
The Dsmash hit right above where the sour spot is located and the opponent Di'd very good as well.

Edit: Look at my amazing ****ing post count now!

Tman1206

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty new to Wolf and I have a few a questions
What has a greater reach?Wolf flash or Fire Wolf
Which of wolfs moves leave him the most vulnerable?
Is there anyway for him to escape DDD's grab?

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
technically i would say that fire wolf has better horizontal and vertical reach in terms of distance, the only problem with this move is the extensive amount of start up lag it has and the lack of priority it holds, a good opponent can see it coming and hit you out of it very easily putting you in a terrible position.
wolf flash on the other hand has just as bad of priority i believe but its angled and its so demented that its considerably tougher to punish (though still pretty easy) flash also has the benefit of spiking or doing a decent amount of damage whereas fire wolf can still be stop by certain moves (marths up-b) even after you've hit them
So basically, try to never recover low, you're pretty much dead if that happens due to a edge hog, save your 2nd jump for the last moment and if you have the space or time use fire wolf to recover, if not then wolf flash is your best bet.

Besides his two recoveries, I'd say that fsmash leaves you the most vulnerable if you miss the hit, which makes for a double edged sword, good punisher but easily punished. if you don't auto cancel a fair (by DI'ing the move as you use it) it has a lot of lag as well once you land.
The grab or the chaingrab? the chain grab you can't get out of unless the D3 messes it up. The grab itself can (if you're at a lower %) its just as simple as mashing the crap outta your controller, there's a technique to it but i dunno know it, i just mash away. Hope that helped :D

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
its no prob, actually if you want to talk to a whole bunch of wolf main and maybe get some pointers or some friendly matches you should try coming to the wolf chat!
http://xat.com/chat/room/61905922/
there's usually at least two ppl in there, it gets more crowded at night and around the weekend so stop by and introduce yourself! we're a friendly bunch :3

Laem

Smash Champion
no. u can try to dthrow and then follow it up with another dthrow, but its definitely not guaranteed. still works quite a bit for me, because theyre expecting a bair, fair, or fsmash most of the time(in my case).

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
For all practical purposes, no Wolf cannot chaingrab.

If you start at a mid %, you can cg with dthrow against a wall for a while (not sure what the starting % is for fresh dthrow).

If you have a banana on the ground, you can dthrow into the banana, make your opponent trip, and then walk up and regrab your opponent to dthrow them into the banana again, kind of like a cg.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
For all practical purposes, no Wolf cannot chaingrab.

If you start at a mid %, you can cg with dthrow against a wall for a while (not sure what the starting % is for fresh dthrow).

If you have a banana on the ground, you can dthrow into the banana, make your opponent trip, and then walk up and regrab your opponent to dthrow them into the banana again, kind of like a cg.

Vids or doesn't happen

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Wait a few weeks and maybe :p

But really, I'm positive it works against a wall, or at least against Wario on the boat in RC. Get to a % (something in the 30s iirc...) where the stun is long enough for 5+ frame advantage, the wall stops the slide so you can grab them without moving, and the move decay keeps them in the stun where they can be 'locked' and not tech out until around 60.

It's fun to go into from a dtilt lock sometimes :3 But not like either realistically happen often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom