• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
1000th post! In the thread anyway.

Watch the Olimar grabs, they're deadly and irritating. Bairing is especially hard on both since they are so small but if you practice enough then hitting ******* gets easier, play a couple computers and find the space for the fastfall and it should help the match.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I feel a very strong need to post in this thread. Partially to compensate for the fact that I missed post 1000 T.T lol

Question (kindasortanotreally) about usmash/utilt. At low %s it looks like without great SDI usmash to utilt combos on heavyweights. I've realized that people rarely ever decide to jump out after the utilt and prefer to fall with an attack or airdodge. Then you pivot grab, and feel really cool.

Basically, does anyone else do stuff like that with usmash at low %s on heavyweights? If it works it's around 40%... so if you do, list your general followups after an usmash :) JJ told me that he tries to buffer an uair, since it'll probably hit unless they airdodge instantly.

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Uhh I think there's been a misunderstanding. You hit them with all of usmash, then utilt, then pivot grab as they come back to the ground (or, that's what I like to do). If they SDI up enough they can avoid the utilt.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Darmn Ishiey thats really good :)
I assume it only works at like 2%?

MY TURN.

This works wonders against ******* : ).

FH, Bair, Double Jump, Nair, Bair.

The last bair should be finished right when you land on the ground, and I believe this is 0 lag. : ).
You also have DI room during the nair. xD.

Sorry if this is really old haha

Staco

Smash Champion
Is it allready known that Wolf can leave the edge, jump up back to it, then directly up B (really close to the egde) and then ends up standing on the platform next to the ledge?

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
If you mean side B directly next to the ledge and teleporting onto the stage, it's known. It's tele-stepping.

If you mean up B directly next to the ledge and teleporting onto the stage, to my knowledge, this is not known. Please provide if video if this is the case. The most I've seen with up B is an extremely difficult light-step, where Wolf falls after hitting the ledge with his DJ refreshed.

If you mean something else, then please clarify.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Yeah, it basically works at 0% on characters like Snake >__>

For the bair nair bair thing, what's the purpose of the nair? Does it catch them with the weak hits and send them into your next bair?

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
DK gimps the hell out of my wolf. Back air ***** me off the stage... then he does up-b. Can I do anything to interrupt DKs back air string? or should I have not been caught by it?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
DK gimps the hell out of my wolf. Back air ***** me off the stage... then he does up-b. Can I do anything to interrupt DKs back air string? or should I have not been caught by it?
If someone is attacking SHINE NEVER FAILS! Wolf's quickest aerial is his nair starting out on frame 4, which is the same frame as his jab grounded. Shine starts out on frame 8, but unlike the nair, it has invincible frames making it beat out everything except wario fsmash (super godly armor>invincible frames).

Side note: My grammar is the best among the Wolfs. Discuss.

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Darmn Ishiey thats really good :)
I assume it only works at like 2%?

MY TURN.

This works wonders against ******* : ).

FH, Bair, Double Jump, Nair, Bair.

The last bair should be finished right when you land on the ground, and I believe this is 0 lag. : ).
You also have DI room during the nair. xD.

Sorry if this is really old haha
Why FH Bair? You can also Bair right before landing after the DJ Nair if you do a SH Bair. And this is not something you should use frequently, maybe for mix ups, but nothing more.
And um, this is not lagless, on the one hand there is always a small amount of landing lag, and on the other hand Bair is not auto cancelled =O.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Semifer always beats me to these things :< haha but yeah, the bair > nair > bair thing is pretty cool. If you do it right out of a SH, the bair comes out literally right before landing. LITERALLY. Yummy :lick:

For getting out of combos, depending on the type of hitstun, an aerial will be faster. During tumblestun (the kind where you're about to die), you can break out earlier with an attack/airdodge than with a special, so... yeah, that might be the case.

Seagull, that was probably the only post of yours that I've ever seen with good grammar :p

Also, I found out the secret to comboing with nair. It's really ****ing obvious, we clearly haven't researched our character anywhere near enough >___> but I'll say more on that later.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Kay the FH bair was just to say that you COULD bair during it, im not saying you HAVE TO xD.

I could have said DJ nair bair, but I'm saying you can fit a bair into the first jump xD.

Meh the tiny lag is insignificant compared to the niceness of the bair.
Like everything, unless you're stupid, no one is gonna make themselves predictable. This works fine once in a while, don't spam it xD

Healer

Smash Apprentice
Alright on to my question, I've been maining wolf for sometime no (a month or so) I know some ATs such as scarring (who doesn't tho), flash cancel (although I whiff more than half the time, i'm practicing that) and DACUS (I whiff way too much, if u can please give me tips) Well this brings me to my other question, can someone please give me wolf gameplay tips or guide links to stuff i can read (i have read the WBR guide and the Essence of Wolf, and some others that i can't remember)? Also how do u smash DI (my friend taught me it, but i wanna make sure i'm doing it right.)

Also wat is DI/Tech ChainGrabs?

Healer

Smash Apprentice
People tell me i'm campy, i stay back laser and when they approach me i fight hit them, i would say get aggressive but i do fight to rack up some damage. Then when the opponent is far away a sit back and laser again, much of my damage racking in fact comes from the laser, id say about half laser and half regular fighting, give or take. Is that wrong as a wolf player, and if so give me some approaching tips please, thanks.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
it's not wrong, but its gay.
Offline it's alright, cause if they can't shield the lasers then they suck. Just don't do it on wifi, it's REALLY GAY.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
There's nothing wrong with pressuring your opponent from a safe distance >_> but yeah, it's kinda messed up on wifi.

Tekkie, short opponents do that :< At least, you can't hit them from max range.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
How do I do an grab air-release? (I think that's what it's called) Basically, I want to release someone out of a grab so that they jump into the air after the release. Can it be done on command or is it just a random occurence?

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Best way is to grab them over the edge. It only happens when they aren't touching the ground when they're in the grab animation, which is why MK is a good candidate...and you can't be pummeling them or they'll ground release.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
That's not so much character design as it is a personal preference, in my opinion. I've seen very many successful Wolves play campy and whatnot, and then there are others who are more aggressive but still get results.

I personally play Wolf as a more aggressive character, but his true strengths lie in horizontal aerial zoning/spacing, whether used offensively or defensively, imo.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Okay, sorry about this noobish question. What is the easiest way to Usmash out of shield? Should I keep tap jump on for wolf since i heard that helps?

Gah777

Smash Lord
Yeah I think so. I'm not sure, but whenever I try to Usmash Oos without tap jump it doesn't work. Personally anything Oos is easier with tap jump.

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with your question but, some people here might tell you if you have tap jump on it makes DACUS harder to do, but that's not really true. Wolf just has more strict timing for his DACUS compared to other characters such as Snake (who's DACUS is easy to do regaurdless of whether or not you have tap jump on or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom