• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WulfFla$h

Smash Cadet
I'm having a bit of a problem with Wolf Flash Cancelling. I CAN do it, but I rely on button mashing, which results in getting the wrong cancel. Like getting the short cancel instead of the long one. I die often because of this.

Got any tips on how to separate the cancels?

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
This should point you to the right direction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQIy7P7RWo

Wow thanks that helps me alot...i never knew any of that...great vid....but the TDI and SDI are best used together right? so that makes it better then DI?? meaning always TDI and SDI together in the direction u want to go??

This is something I've been wondering about for awhile: who are Wolf's best secondary characters, other than Meta Knight?
I usually use lucas and Ike and Fox...but i dont think that answers the question

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Wow thanks that helps me alot...i never knew any of that...great vid....but the TDI and SDI are best used together right? so that makes it better then DI?? meaning always TDI and SDI together in the direction u want to go??
Like the vid said, TDI and SDI are mostly used to escape multi-hit attacks. So, based on the video, yes, they are best used together. Just make sure you do it in the same directons and reset the c-stick to its neutral position before tapping again or the SDI won't work. Glad to be of assistance.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
I've been so busy trying to practice and master Wolf that I've been losing touch with my R.O.B.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
Like the vid said, TDI and SDI are mostly used to escape multi-hit attacks. So, based on the video, yes, they are best used together. Just make sure you do it in the same directons and reset the c-stick to its neutral position before tapping again or the SDI won't work. Glad to be of assistance.
wait so u cant do it repeatedly...u have to reset it back

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
How fast can you flick the stick so it returns neutral and remains fast?

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question, did Koskinator really abandon the Wolf boards? What happened to him?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
No idea, he comes here making a thread about coming back to be leader of the wolf boards, and then leaves >_> I think he still lurks here, but probably doesn't find anything worth posting in. Or maybe he just hates us, who knows. It would be nice if he posted around more though.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Are there any mods still posting in here or lords or anything? S.O.L.I.D. doesn't talk much and Gheb 01 is the only one I've seen that made a good thread. Kinda seems like the higher ups abandoned helping us.

Patinator

Smash Champion
And Patinator comes running in and says, *coughmecough*. n_n;

To be honest, Dv8ter... It seems we've got one consistent mod- Xsyven. When it comes to good Wolf players... Uh... Candy's the only one I've ever really seen. No one else I don't think. :/

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Are there any mods still posting in here or lords or anything? S.O.L.I.D. doesn't talk much and Gheb 01 is the only one I've seen that made a good thread. Kinda seems like the higher ups abandoned helping us.
There's tons of character boards, so it's always appreciated if you guys help us out a bit. :)

If you see any threads that need to be locked, use the report button. Sticky requests, etc, just sent me a PM.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to help as much as I can with people, but I'm still newer than most and I just haven't seen many veteran players talking to us peoples down heres on the floorses. Precious...

Anyway, Xsyven I have seen you around a bit, but never seen Patinator. Probably because I'm new but forgive me for that one, I mean no offense to anybody so please don't think I was trying to annoy you guys.

This board is great by the way, it has helped me immensely with my Wolf game, so thank you

Edit: One other thing, I've been trying but no one seems to be helping with it, I really think that there should be a guide made solely for recovery which is the worst aspect of Wolf for many potential Wolf mains, so I know Koskinator disappeared and I don't know who would but if a veteran player can make one and sticky it, it would probably help out a lot.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Anyway, Xsyven I have seen you around a bit, but never seen Patinator. Probably because I'm new but forgive me for that one, I mean no offense to anybody so please don't think I was trying to annoy you guys.
That's okay, I recently when emo on the internet and never posted here for a while. Dunno why. :p Anyway you're a Wolf too, so we're friends. ^^

Funny how the lack of Gheb in my previous post wasn't mentioned by anyone. :laugh:

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
well we r all allies when it comes to learning and mastering Wolf....

im new here myself....so i dont who the big shots r on the forum yet

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lol Patinator for prez. Nice location btw.

And yeah, what Vorguen said. The boards are about multiple people sharing and discussing their opinions, to eventually settle on what is the best option or method.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Once you start going to tournaments more and become more competitive you probably write less on the character boards as well. You'll realize that most of the things you write are pretty useles if somebody can't use it in a tournament. I've learnt a lot more by taking part in tournaments than by posting/reading character boards. I don't know what else I can say. I feel like a lot of the stuff I've written in the "early" days isn't as useful as I thought - I'm glad to have written it and to be able to help other Wolf players (I still am) but once you play better you'll see the things in a different way: Match-up discussions aren't worth that much since they don't even apply to ~75% of the people. Most people say Wolf has the disadvantage against G&W and ROB. Well, mine certainly doesn't. There are so many factors in competitive play, that you'll find a lot of stuff you see on the character boards (not Wolf but in general) pretty scrubby. I'm sick of hearing random people talking about how much MK ***** Wolf, people who don't go to tourneys and never played that match-up on a high level. I think Turbo-Ether did pretty much the same. After taking part in more tournaments he wrote less on the Wolf boards, since ~60% of that stuff doesn't matter if you play the game in tourneys. Now that I know more about the game and got better as a player overall I feel like I barely scratched the survace of many things I explained (match-up's in particular) a few months. I try to write less general info but rather few well-thought posts about more in-depth stuff that not everybody knows already about.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
That's entirely understandable, but when I was talking about higher players posting, I never meant for character match ups, I meant to help people with aspects of Wolf that others may have trouble with, like boost smashing for example. I never would have known that technique if not for the people on this site.

People with more experience can really help the less experienced get down techniques, then they can form their own play style based on what they want.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
That's entirely understandable, but when I was talking about higher players posting, I never meant for character match ups, I meant to help people with aspects of Wolf that others may have trouble with, like boost smashing for example. I never would have known that technique if not for the people on this site.

People with more experience can really help the less experienced get down techniques, then they can form their own play style based on what they want.
Well said....i agree

i never knew wolf had a boost smash till i started reading these threads

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Well some situations like mine, where locally there isn't much variety in mains.. sometimes we get caught off-guard when we travel since we aren't used to some matchups.

It's best to at least have SOME experience even if it's just on paper.

tekkie

Smash Master
ANYWAYS

-Where is the best place to be on a stage when your opponent respawns?
-How useful is Wolf's laz0r as a melee weapon? How so?
-Does anyone have any videos on reference that can demonstrate camping as a useful tactic?
-What's Wolf's most reliable move for momentum cancelling?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hmm, the first question, it depends. A ledge is okay sometimes but it makes you predictable. I find it best to stay far away from him but have an option to at least roll either way.

Wolf's lazer is meant as a ranged weapon, although it has a sweet property to be able to hit like a melee weapon, I would avoid using it close range when you have better options like your tilts or jab combo.

Sorry, I have no videos but as a general rule of thumb it is better to have others approach you than otherwise, even though Wolf in particular DOES have a good approach game with his b-air.

For momentum cancelling I usually use N-air, although I won't be able to tell you if it really is the best, just what comes natural to me. =/

Patinator

Smash Champion
Lol Patinator for prez. Nice location btw.

And yeah, what Vorguen said. The boards are about multiple people sharing and discussing their opinions, to eventually settle on what is the best option or method.
n_n Yeah, well, I changed it. :p

Q: Is dash -> down C-Stick > Up on control stick + Z really the best method for boost smashing with Wolf?

And, is there a difference between "boost smash" and "DACUS"? Can Wolf do both?

>_>

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Once you start going to tournaments more and become more competitive you probably write less on the character boards as well. You'll realize that most of the things you write are pretty useles if somebody can't use it in a tournament. I've learnt a lot more by taking part in tournaments than by posting/reading character boards. I don't know what else I can say. I feel like a lot of the stuff I've written in the "early" days isn't as useful as I thought - I'm glad to have written it and to be able to help other Wolf players (I still am) but once you play better you'll see the things in a different way: Match-up discussions aren't worth that much since they don't even apply to ~75% of the people. Most people say Wolf has the disadvantage against G&W and ROB. Well, mine certainly doesn't. There are so many factors in competitive play, that you'll find a lot of stuff you see on the character boards (not Wolf but in general) pretty scrubby. I'm sick of hearing random people talking about how much MK ***** Wolf, people who don't go to tourneys and never played that match-up on a high level. I think Turbo-Ether did pretty much the same. After taking part in more tournaments he wrote less on the Wolf boards, since ~60% of that stuff doesn't matter if you play the game in tourneys. Now that I know more about the game and got better as a player overall I feel like I barely scratched the survace of many things I explained (match-up's in particular) a few months. I try to write less general info but rather few well-thought posts about more in-depth stuff that not everybody knows already about.
I agree with this a lot. I think the most useful thing about character boards is the exchange of objective facts. Subjective stuff is much harder to gauge.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm on here, I just lurk. I like know nothing about Wolf now, so I just read and respond, I can't really like make any threads about new stuff cuz I have no unknown knowledge...

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
i kno we r discussing mods but lets not forget that n a way we r all mods on this forum....no one knows more then someone else since we r all learners....so people have more info then others but besides that...if your here and u came to learn and u have input well that makes u family on this forum right??

We all know that Wolf may b seen as a underrated character but we know that his skills r top-notch and even tho i dont play in tourneys...i still scared the hell out of my friends when i use him...haha as soon as do im seen as the on point threat.

But its cool being on thsi forum talking wit u guys...so lets get back to why we are on this forum

I have question??

what stages allow Wolf to scar through the stages besides Battlefield and Smashville??

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Mostly anything with a lip to it, battlefield, smashville, Yoshi's island, stages like those

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
I made a flat stage that is like FD without the screwed up edges and I can full scar through it anytime I want.

tekkie

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure you can scar through the generic blocks you probably use.

Edit: gonna point back to my previous question, "Are there any good references or information about mindgames using Wolf?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom