• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
From the thread you made, it almost sounded as if you were running one direction and then managed to turn around and DAC back where you came from... You did the usmash, right? Not a grab? A video would be helpful.

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you begin to dash one direction and immediately turn the other, simultaneously DACing. You step backwards and quickly DAC the other way. I don't have any recording equipment, unfortunately, but it's pretty easy to do. It's like the reverse boot grab or whatever, except you DAC. And yes, it ends in the typical Usmash, just like a normal DAC, except it's a little "staggered". Seems kind of useful. I also discovered another version of it, but I'll wait until this is sorted out to get that out.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
It's not that hard to visualize. based off of Ishieymoro's take of it, but the staggered part of your explanation is what confuses me. Video please.

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
Are you moving backwards while doing the usmash?
No, the Usmash itself moves forward. The move is simply initiated differently, and thus doesn't have as much ultimate forward momentum as a normal DAC. Hence the "staggered" part. It's like a boost grab; it looks as though Wolf is turning in one direction, but he immediately turns in another and does the DAC. I don't think it moves as far as a normal DAC.

And as I said, I can't provide a video because I don't have recording equipment. But again, it's pretty easy to do if anyone wants to try it out.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
I have heard it too...but i have never seen it done

in my opinion, it doesnt seem possible to boost DAC one way and then DAC backwards in the direction u came

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Might be something like a pivoted JC usmash? Or maybe DAC out of dashdancing or something. I just made both of those up, but this is really confusing.

EDIT: from what you said below, sounds like doing the boost smash while dash dancing, or something like that.

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
Hey, sorry this is so confusing. I wish I had a recording device or something. Anyway, it's not a Jab Cancel (or whatever JC is). It's done with exactly the same motion as the DAC, except with a quick "pivot". So one simply dashes one direction, immediately (and I mean immediately) turns the other, and DACs.

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
It's kind of neat, too, because it works with other characters that can DAC. I've already tried it with Snake and Sheik.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Why does it seem my Shield grab game is better with Wolf than with any other of my characters?

Is there a reason that this actually happens? Ex: Wolf doesn't get pushed far when he's shielding..

It just seems I pull off Shield grabs like nothing with Wolf.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I was looking through this huge list of AT's at...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187873

I'm not really sure which ones would be most useful with wolf though. I was wondering whether you guys could tell me what AT's you use frequently with wolf and why. Thanks for the help!
These are some AT's on that thread that you may want to consider regarding:

-SHADing
-Speed Hugging
-RARing
-edge popping( allows for semi-scarring)
-Meteor Cancel
- And Wolf AT's from this board (more are coming soon)

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Not that I know of... Then again, that's the only way I can get grabs with wolf, it's probably because your opponent is still in a phase of their attack where their hurtbox is closer to wolf though. Wolf's grab sucks :(

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
You may just b a person who likes to grab

I rarely grab when i use wolf...because its not the best the d-throw is the best...especially if you can tech it...

but other then that....there is no benefit just addition to your stragety

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
I have a question??

Whats a good way to recover with Wolf...i kno the DI and SDI but wat bout shine and b-air?

Some people i notice use b-air but does it help really?? I would like someone to explain Wolf's recovery in this aspect

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Best way to recover with any character is to use their fastest aerial and fast fall it, for starters. That means that whenever you are hit away, use bair and fast fall. Once you are done with the bair, most characters would double jump. However, wolf is amazing and has the blaster. You can reverse the blaster to reverse momentum, which is a LOT more effective than just jumping, and will also turn you around so you can use bair to hit away edgeguarders. Sadly, it's a lot easier to just double jump.

Basically, FF bair and jump first chance you get. The blaster gives you some more momentum towards the stage, so you can use that too if you're too far away.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Hmmm.... I don't get the reverse blaster. When you do it, you change direction and reverse your momentum towards the stage? When I do it my momentum goes away from the stage.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm.... I don't get the reverse blaster. When you do it, you change direction and reverse your momentum towards the stage? When I do it my momentum goes away from the stage.
yea same here...the time i tried it...i Wolf flash out the screen...go thing it was practice...

can anyone do a vid of it to see how it can b done correctly??

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Well... I'm saying all of this in theorey, because I'm not comfortabe enough with momentum reversals yet to actually do it >_> but that's probably because you are DIing towards the stage. To get this to work, you might have to temporarily DI away from the stage, then blaster to reverse all of your backwards momentum to go towards the stage. Basically, the momentum it might be taking into account might not include the knockback, for some reason. Tell me if you test it out, I'm horribly crammed until february sometime, but I'll try to look into it a bit more. I want definite findings on this and how amazing it really is.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
N00b Ishy misspelled theory.
:( It's one of the few words that I consistently misspell. Please forgive me, your greatness.

Meh, forget it then, recovering with bair + jump works well enough. Blaster certainly gives you a bit of a push though, and reversing it, while still a pain, can definitely be useful.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Just know that if you can get past the pain of recovery, wolf will become just that much more attractive to play. Go into training and practice it for like a week, hitting opponCPUs offstage, jumping out to spike them, and recovering from various angles. You'll get better in no tine :)

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
mmmm...question...its about the DI

is there and exact moment when u DI....or do u just do it when u get hit??

it seems when Wolf is around 150% i cant do it or he cant slow down

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
This is something I've been wondering about for awhile: who are Wolf's best secondary characters, other than Meta Knight?

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Everyone basically debates a lot between G&W, Marth, and Shiek (I think it was Shiek). If you look in the ultimate sticky thread by S.O.L.I.D. it has a link to the pro discussions in the back room where they talk about this topic. My personal secondary is R.O.B., as mentioned by my signature, Sonic is just for fun.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I usually second Wolf to R.O.B. for fun.. they do complement themselves alright but it still leaves several gaps such as the MK fight (neither character is particularly well against MK), and the G&W fight.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
It's just characters that I love to play. Wolf fits me very well and I like projectile characters so R.O.B. was a natural since Link is so horrible now. Link was my favorite from the original smash and in Melee. I think counter picking characters is idiotic and that people make the character, not the other way around. I completely understand why counter picks are necessary to a lot of people though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom