• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
My two cents

Snake has the smallest weak zone. He has an expansive range, and can quickly turn the tide into his favor. Snake has a large number of options just because how he sets up the field. His ground and aerial combat moves contain a wide variety of disjointed moves. He has stage dominance and control right when the match starts. You have to bust into his weak zone effectively. And you need to stay in there.

D-tilting is dangerous because snake can make it some-what punishable. Him shutting down this move is like taking Marths defensive and pressuring game away. Without this tool, a series of sensible move strings are removed from Marth.

Then again, with dancing blade and many other under rated launchers, marth can find a safe way to lay the pain on snake. Snake being juggled, give you the chance to change the game into your favor. Abusing that chance is almost necessary.

Use D-tilt if you want. Just don't miss. And then get snake into the air.

Idk.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
dtilt is in no way safe vs snake bengals lol

it barely outranges the first attack of his ftilt. if both attacks go out at the same time snake's disjoint will hit marth's hand before snake gets hit. its also near impossible to perfectly space it in an actual match, let alone consistently. trying to dtilt and then getting hit by an ftilt will also **** up your DI

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

it barely outranges the first attack of his ftilt. if both attacks go out at the same time snake's disjoint will hit marth's hand before snake gets hit. its also near impossible to perfectly space it in an actual match, let alone consistently. trying to dtilt and then getting hit by an ftilt will also **** up your DI

I never knew that I just knew I was getting hit by snakes ftilt I thought it was because I was missing the dtilt.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
DB down shouldn't really be used on anyone...

It can work sometimes on some characters I guess, but with the broken range on Snake's Ftilt, I'd avoid it because Snake can punish you very effectively.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
when i was more newbish than i am now (hard to believe i could be more newbish, hmm?) I thought DB down was win, but it does about the same damage as the others and doesn't set up as well.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167

I didn't know that. You don't really have to space it perfectly for it to work, but knowing that if we attack at the same time, his wins, kinda screws everything up.

I never noticed it, it probably happens to me and I just don't realize.

Oh well, back to fair.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
DB down shouldn't really be used on anyone...

It can work sometimes on some characters I guess, but with the broken range on Snake's Ftilt, I'd avoid it because Snake can punish you very effectively.
Arent you speaking of 2 mutually exclusive problems? If snake can punish you then he wasnt hit by the DB, which means he shielded it. You failed because he blocked it not because you used the down variation. Snake can punish the other versions just as easily.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
marth's third db down takes forever to turn around from and if shielded, his last hit is fatality. Id opt for forward db over down 95% of the time =\

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Dont ever expect someone to shield a move if you want them to. And Db down is easily DIed out of.

Punishable.

Up is good to get them into the air, side is good to get them off stage. Both deal around the same amount of damage. But dealing more with Db down is not worth the price.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
^ I second that notion. I miss the third db down spike from melee. kind of annoying to have to get it untipped and still have it be so low on power that your better off not going through the trouble.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
True, but the gap of time that snake has to **** you is rather immense in either case. I figure it cant hurt to at least damage his shield somewhat if im gonna take some kind of blow to the face. Not to say i dont see your point.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
question:
I've seen a video on an ftilt infinite (or it might be tap a) where you ftilt (or tap a, again not sure) then step then rinse and repear. is this easy enough to set up that it could be tourney viable?

Mintzsquee

Smash Apprentice
When I'm playing somewhere that's not my house, I tend to feel that my Marth is... 'sticky'.
He feels like he has more delay when landing and I tend to buffer things awkwardly.
Is it just me? Or is there something you can do to like... prevent this?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
When I'm playing somewhere that's not my house, I tend to feel that my Marth is... 'sticky'.
He feels like he has more delay when landing and I tend to buffer things awkwardly.
Is it just me? Or is there something you can do to like... prevent this?
Are you playing on HD sets in either location?

HD tvs lag.

Mintzsquee

Smash Apprentice
I have an HD at home, but we're aware of the lag so we play on the normal ones most of the time.

I know you were talking to Zeus, I was just being silly.
I have friends with Wiis. They either suck or don't play.

Here's a question... How do I find good players who live in my neighborhood? -_-

also, sorry for not quoting, class about to end.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
How exactly do you do a pivot grab? I've tried but cannot seem to get it to work. I must be doing something wrong.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
How exactly do you do a pivot grab? I've tried but cannot seem to get it to work. I must be doing something wrong.
simply turn (by flixking the joystick backwards) and grab as you do it. I usually do it on the run so I can run past them (if they shield or spotdodge) and grab them out of it. It's really useful and may take some practice of you're new to the technique.

just practice by: run, flick, grab. run, flick, grab. runflickgrab. runflickgrab. runflickgrab. You'll get it.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
To word that just a lil differently if yu don't know what he means by flick, begin your dash and then tap in the opposite direction and grab simultaneosly. You'll get the hang of it.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
When i was watching a few marth vids i noticed that all the marths do a SHFF n-air alot, but when i try it i can only hit a snake with it. Is there a reason why marth players use this!??

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
It has awesome killing power if it tips, good range, and autocancels.

Top Bottom