• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

iheartqueso

Smash Rookie
So I have a near mint condition joystick and am interested in greasing it so that it never wears out. Is there a specific tutorial online that is recommended for doing this? Any tips are appreciated as well .

Pinkie_Pie

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm new and I have a kind of stupid question to ask. Is Link's Nair useful? because its always seemed useless to me and I have never really been able to use it effectively

Sedda

Smash Champion
Hi I'm new and I have a kind of stupid question to ask. Is Link's Nair useful? because its always seemed useless to me and I have never really been able to use it effectively
yesss

im not good with link, so i cant give you specifics, but his nair is pretty cool. it's been used in a number of ways against me (as a fox player). Sometimes as an edgeguard depending on the angle im recovering from, sometimes as a techchase follow up. works for combos sometimes, and it's weak enough to lead into several other attacks.

the hitbox is pretty cool and it covers everything from his waist down more or less, so you can use it reversed as well

http://framedisplay.supersmashbros64.com/webfd/framedisplay.html (click on link and select nair)

watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxmW1KkMDj8

-LzR-

Smash Hero
'Superboofman is cheap as hell, all he does it grab the edge so the other guy can't, I don't think he had one legitimate kill'
I just don't understand. Smash has existed for 15 years and people are still ******** about it. When I started playing it took me 2 weeks to learn about edgehogging and my first reaction was to learn and I hyped it because I could get more kills.

Pinkie_Pie

Smash Rookie
@ Sedda Sedda
yeah i forgot about using nair against fox's recovery so far that has been the only use i have found for it and i have never really been able to combo with it and I've seen that vid and how isai uses nair a lot in it and makes it work really well but i have never been able to do that so i guess I'm just bad also thanks a lot for the link to 64 frame data i have been looking for frame data for 64 for a long time and have never really been able to find anything

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
@ Sedda Sedda
yeah i forgot about using nair against fox's recovery so far that has been the only use i have found for it and i have never really been able to combo with it and I've seen that vid and how isai uses nair a lot in it and makes it work really well but i have never been able to do that so i guess I'm just bad also thanks a lot for the link to 64 frame data i have been looking for frame data for 64 for a long time and have never really been able to find anything
new player add yourself to the map

Sedda

Smash Champion
@ Sedda Sedda
All it takes is practice. Just use nair more often and you'll find out when its a good idea and when it's not.

Madao

thanks a lot for the link to 64 frame data i have been looking for frame data for 64 for a long time and have never really been able to find anything
That's probably because it didn't exist until some months ago. + a lot of good threads are not on page 1 unfortunately.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
link nair is really good against opponents after you condition them to think you only do f-airs and d-airs, and it's also really good against fireballs

otherwise it's mostly not that useful, b-air tends to be better in most situations

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Hiya! You know how sometimes with Link's dash attack and Kirby's forward smash if you do the attack to the ledge you'll just like fall of the ledge??

how do I control that lol

Sedda

Smash Champion
i think someone said something about this along the lines of "after you do the dash attack, dont hold the stick in any direction or press anything and youll remain on stage"

Shears

Smash Master
Hiya! You know how sometimes with Link's dash attack and Kirby's forward smash if you do the attack to the ledge you'll just like fall of the ledge??

This is a thing?! I never knew that. Does that dash/fsmash animation continue off stage or does it cancel and you just go into a regular fall?

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
This is a thing?! I never knew that. Does that dash/fsmash animation continue off stage or does it cancel and you just go into a regular fall?
Not sure what you mean.. The hit box comes out and everything and the attack finishes, but sometimes you just fall of the ledge afterwards aha.

Oh and if you don't fall you're in the "about to fall of the ledge" animation lol. You know, the dangling thing?

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord

with link, if you press any direction you will fall off
with kirby you will fall off if you press a forwardish direction
with both characters dont press a direction and you wont fall off

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
HOLY **** THAT'S WHAT THAT REFERRED TO?

i thought that list was a joke and meant you could taunt in the middle of each move to cancel it

**** me

Sangoku

Smash Master
Well I think it meant that if you taunt at the end of these moves it would cancel and end up in teetering animation. But it's probably the same kind of physics which governs the fall. Boom posted somewhere (probably in the simple facts thread) what would make you fall and what wouldn't.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Boom posted what works (most of the time), and Star King posted the law that explains it.
After those attacks if your buffered input triggers movement, the char will fall (shield, left, down, right, etc). Since holding up doesn't trigger movement, the character won't fall. Can't test it but that's what I remember from it.

Sangoku

Smash Master
why am I always late

So boomfan is not completely correct - up will do nothing. Basically it's anything you can hold that starts an animation - the animation will cause you to fall. Maybe that means a frame perfect, say, A button, can cause you to fall (since you can't just hold the A button, or nothing will happen)?
Found the original post randomly. Literally randomly, I just went to random pages of this thread with no intentions of looking for that post. Look up the original post as it quotes other posts and they don't show in this quote.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
now can we live like nomads, carry the social thread in our pockets, jump from thread to thread until we find one bad enough that can be hijacked?

where will the next animal picture be posted?

where will malva00 post now?

questions for days

Sedda

Smash Champion
your avatar looks like quentin tarantino with long hair. hope that helps

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Warning Received
i always like it when other mods come in to the 64 section and try to do their policing

they're like those relatives you see every two or three years who live in the next timezone and think they have the right to tell you how to live your life or something

don't pretend to care once in a while, thanks

Olikus

Smash Champion
Warning Received
allright so I go to the store and buy some refreshments and then I come back and social thread is locked? So wtf is going on? Is this a joke?

Top Bottom