• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Korrupshen said:
You mean where you join a server and it says your logged in, but you can't see **** but

(06:43:03PM) Connecting to 69.172.242.50:27888
(06:43:03PM) server replied
(06:43:03PM) logging in

Yea sry dunno no fix 4 dat.
That's the reason I can't play
just right click your tab and click maximize.

then you can tone it down to whatever size.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Well, it only works on japanese version. But anyway it looks like you just dash one way, turn around, and then release the stick at the right time.
But why in the video's comments says that it can be done in the USA and the VC versions aswell??
Now I'm kind of confused... :glare:

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Any Sever that are popular Severs in Europe,Asia,Australia?

The title pretty much describe it self. But if there's any Smashers in the sever that would be good.

dandan

Smash Lord
go to the european smash index for more info about european smashers, there are over 200 and about 20-30 active daily.

joocystacks

Smash Rookie
Kirby Up kick

IDK but everytime my friend uses kirby, i can't get out of his up-kick move. he just tosses me until i'm like 80%....what am i doing wrong

i've noticed most of ya'll play online? but this is regarding console play.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Online and console are still comparable to a degree.

Most characters can jump out normally at some point or another, but otherwise that kick is basically impossible to stop once it's caught you. Many people regard it as the best ground move in-game.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
up kick as in upsmash or uptilt?

kirby's uptilt is beyond broken, can juggle at 0%, MASSIVE hitboxes, and no start to end lag.

best chance of getting out of a utilt is just try to find a way to DI out of it.

usmash, however...i'm not sure how you could get stuck in usmash until 80%..hell, i'm not even sure if you can get stuck in utilts until 80%..

explain what you do in this situation and what he does.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
I play console, and honestly you just either have to avoid it, or you have to learn how to jump out correctly. If you get caught early, you wasted your life, if you want to break out, wait till about >60% or you just wasted your jump entirely. if thats out, use your Up+B

House

Smash Journeyman
I usually DI upwards in this situation, then try to 2nd jump or land on a platform that's above. You can DI to a side too, but normally that would leave you more vulnerable to a Fsmash/Dtilt/Grab.

Flesh-pie

Smash Rookie
Sorry if anyone already asked this here(170 pages...), or if im at the wrong place but it said "ask a question and people will answer" so...

I downloaded pj64k with kaillera client and stuff. when i try to emulate smash(or any other game)
the emualtor load the file and when it says "emulation started" pj64k crashes everytime
im on windows 7 and this really bugs me D:
so my question is : what can i do to fix this problem?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I usually DI upwards in this situation, then try to 2nd jump or land on a platform that's above. You can DI to a side too, but normally that would leave you more vulnerable to a Fsmash/Dtilt/Grab.
I think the best way is to DI in this direction:

So this is the easiest/shortest path to escaping the utilt's massive hitbox if you see in the hitbox animation

dandan

Smash Lord
actually if you look at kirby in comparison to the hitbox, most of the hitbox is behind him, so if you DI behind him might not help.
i still find DIing up is the simplest way of getting out of these.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I generally try to DI down after the first kick, in the hopes of getting a quick tech off if the opponent doesn't spam fast enough. This only really works with fast fallers. However, if it's no good, then it's all about DIing up as much as possible.

Also, wouldn't it make sense to DI toward the front of Kirby, if you're going to DI to the side? There is so much hitboxage behind Kirby, and barely any in front, that it seems escape would be easier that way.

I guess it's all relative to where you are when you get caught.

DMoogle

A$
One direction does not fit all.

Where you should DI is hugely dependent on your position, Kirby's position, and your surroundings (e.g. is there a wall nearby or a platform overhead?)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Also, wouldn't it make sense to DI toward the front of Kirby, if you're going to DI to the side? There is so much hitboxage behind Kirby, and barely any in front, that it seems escape would be easier that way.
If you DI in front of Kirby, Kirby can simply turn around and utilt to chase your DI lol

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Yeah, well in that split second he has to turn around, your opponent could botch the button inputs, or you could escape. There's barely any hitlag from the attack, right? So not much time for DI, yeah? So DIing to the back, especially when caught right on top of Kirby, won't really help you, unless you have impossible DI.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
One direction does not fit all.

Where you should DI is hugely dependent on your position, Kirby's position, and your surroundings (is there a wall nearby or a platform overhead?)
Those are thing to have in mind when trying to DI out of Kirby's Utilt. That's the smartest answer I've read for this.

By the way...
Does anyone know how do I p2p with PJ64KVE???

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
My friend is having issues with a PS3 controller, he has the 6 axis duel shock 3 controller. He has the hardware but does not have the software, he has a vista computer 64 bit (or 32 bit we do not know for sure.) What do we need to do to get his controller working with the emulators in his computer?

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
My friend is having issues with a PS3 controller, he has the 6 axis duel shock 3 controller. He has the hardware but does not have the software, he has a vista computer 64 bit (or 32 bit we do not know for sure.) What do we need to do to get his controller working with the emulators in his computer?
i just got a ps3 controller too and i had trouble figuring out wat to do. He needs to go to this site http://www.motioninjoy.com/download and download the software. They have instructions on the site

Dsc

Smash Ace
By the way...
Does anyone know how do I p2p with PJ64KVE???
It doesnt matter what pj64 emulator you're using. You just need the client that supports p2p and you're set. Download the latest client from the smash index, paste it into the pj64kve folder replacing the old client.

tynkenn69

Smash Rookie
can any 1 help me with how to make a half jump. every time i jump my player go 2 hig

every time i jump my player go all the way up... can any 1 help me to make half of jump pls!

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Every time I jump my player will go all the way up... can any one help me to make half of a jump please!
It is called short hop and it takes practice, it in my opinion really annoying to get use to at first. Are you using a keyboard or an actual controller?

Divine44

Smash Cadet
every time i jump my player go all the way up... can any 1 help me to make half of jump pls!
if your on keyboard set your c-buttons and set one close within reach to a place you feel comfortable of. all you have to its tap lightly on. It seems hard but it will get easy with time

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Your emulator is probably broken. That or your computer. I would suggest sending it back to your manufacturer.

But in all seriousness, follow what Divine said ^^^ if you are on a keyboard, which I am guessing you are.

Top Bottom