• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Cedricwa

Smash Apprentice
Okay can someone help me find a video. I've looked through my YouTube history and couldn't find it. It's like a captain falcon combo and he does a bunch of bairs against the tent then like a reverse upair against it and finishes with falcon punch

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
look broh i was formal at first and then look at me now\

dickless aliens

Last edited:

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
SK's sleepy notes

-Killing pirahna plant based on knockback not damage
-100% projectile reflection cap has been documented, but - staleness affects this cap. For instance a fully stale projectile caps at 75%.
-PSI Magnet healing affected by staleness (stale projectiles heal less)
-Throw knockback is not affected by staleness even though damage is. For example, a Fox Fthrow will do 12% unstale, and 9% stale, but both have the same knockback against someone with, say, 0%(includes Falcon up-b)
-PK Thunder 1 stales PK Thunder 2 and vice versa

confusion - when aerial PK Fire is reflected, only the x is reflected, not the y, but this isn't true for PK Thunder?

These are based off ghetto tests in clubba's apartment Star King/clubba/LD/cobr/bloodpeach did but I guess should be accurate enough. And yeah I'm sure some of these were known but these are undocumented enough for at least me to not see anywhere so can't hurt to share even if it's reiterating.
@ The Star King The Star King wrote these on my computer before passing out

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Rank the following hypothetical characters:

Mario
Mario, but with Luigi's upb.
Mario, but with Luigi's downb
Mario, but with Luigi's upb and downb

Would any of these changes be big enough to move him up or down the tier list?

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
With Mario's speed and combo potential, I could see a boost in his performance. I doubt he could overtake Fox, Falcon, Kirby, or Pikachu. I would put him on par with Fox and Falcon but it's honestly too close to call anyways, considering this is merely speculation and inexact guesswork.

Is this purely hypothetical or are you planning to do some modding?

Capos

Smash Apprentice
With Mario's speed and combo potential, I could see a boost in his performance. I doubt he could overtake Fox, Falcon, Kirby, or Pikachu. I would put him on par with Fox and Falcon but it's honestly too close to call anyways, considering this is merely speculation and inexact guesswork.

Is this purely hypothetical or are you planning to do some modding?
Just hypothetical. I was reading an old thread that said Mario's recovery was better than Luigi's, partially because of his upb. And I was curious whether those benefits would outweigh giving Mario a vertical ko move in the air. Then I wondered if switching downbs would be better, since it would still give Mario a kill option he doesn't have now and would let him keep all the advantages of his current upb.

BananaBolts

Mario's up-b is safer due to the nature of it's hitboxes and the resulting knockback. This makes edgeguarding a Mario quite tricky. Mario could certainly retain a good recovery with Luigi's down-b. I personally think that Luigi's down-b is much safer for recovering than Mario's . I assume that the general consensus agrees with me. As for how safe it is in low percent situations, that's somewhat debatable.

For hypothetical purposes, I would want Mario with Luigi's down-b. I hope that answers your original question.
(This assumes that the properties of a move did not change but were merely transferred from char-to-char)

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Mario's up-b is safer due to the nature of it's hitboxes and the resulting knockback. This makes edgeguarding a Mario quite tricky. Mario could certainly retain a good recovery with Luigi's down-b. I personally think that Luigi's down-b is much safer for recovering than Mario's . I assume that the general consensus agrees with me. As for how safe it is in low percent situations, that's somewhat debatable.

For hypothetical purposes, I would want Mario with Luigi's down-b. I hope that answers your original question.
(This assumes that the properties of a move did not change but were merely transferred from char-to-char)
What about mario with luigis down B and luigis superjumppunch kill move?
By that I mean if Mario sweetspotted his recovery it would have the same effect as luigis.

Just hypothetical.

Last edited:

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure we've all been a victim of our smash bros game resetting and losing all your data. Mine seems to be doing it every time I turn it off, is there a quick fix to this, or do I need to buy a new cartridge?..... Or a new console, I honestly have no idea where the memory is stored or what causes this.

BananaBolts

I'm sure we've all been a victim of our smash bros game resetting and losing all your data. Mine seems to be doing it every time I turn it off, is there a quick fix to this, or do I need to buy a new cartridge?..... Or a new console, I honestly have no idea where the memory is stored or what causes this.
I've never been a victim of this. You might have a corrupted game or something. Do more research before you buy a new cartridge though. Good luck.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
your cartridge needs a new battery. If you take it to a retro game store they can probably do it for you. Or you can probably figure out how to do it yourself

Annex

Smash Ace
maybe I'm just in a really good mood but watching someone ask a question and then receiving a concise and useful answer and being thankful for it is the cutest thing ever

:154:

yall a bunch of cuties~

Morin0

Smash Lord
Why was the thread merged to the ask a question thread? I would understand MAYBE if it were the social thread, but this thread? wat

Madao

Why was the thread merged to the ask a question thread? I would understand MAYBE if it were the social thread, but this thread? wat
Thread title had a question mark ;/ . You have a point though :) .

I could move it to social if anyone wants me to.

M4TT

Smash Cadet
I know someone has answered this probably,

but what is the best way to DI out of fox's up air?

MailOnSunday

Smash Rookie
hey guys,

is there an european server i can play smash on? Galaxy seems to be down, at least i cannot connect to it anymore..

on smashFU and other servers from the USA my ping is way too high...

thx,

Last edited by a moderator:

M4TT

Smash Cadet
wow I actually have this vid in a playlist, just forgot about it, thanks dude

Annex

Smash Ace
This has been bugging me a while:
Why is standard **** in melee hype? Chaingrabs, fox's uthrow uair, uair rest, and especially the ken combo. The ken combo is like the melee equivelent of the most standard 64 falcon stuff. It's not hard or rare, but any more than 3 fairs into a dair and everybody loses their ****
Why. It's not that the melee community is easily impressed, because plenty of them have seen standard 64 falcon stuff, so what is it?

Top Bottom