• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
You can go into device manager and turn off the ports and turn them back on. Should be quicker then unplugging for 10 minutes.
I tried this method for my particular issue and it did not work, then I discovered the remove your power cord trick. Worked on two different occasions, while the Device Manager option did not work. However, it is definitely worth a try for Rob.

Shears

Smash Master
Are you using the stock power cord? Sounds like you might have an issue with not the right amount of power being supplied to your pc. It can cause issues with usb ports going out. I ran into these kind of issues when I tried splicing cables together to make my own charger for my laptop.

ToastRider

Smash Rookie
for some reason azimers audio plugin makes my game lag and pj64kve doesnt let me use jabo for netplay. does anyone know how to fix this or should i just use a different version of pj64k

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Are you using the stock power cord? Sounds like you might have an issue with not the right amount of power being supplied to your pc. It can cause issues with usb ports going out. I ran into these kind of issues when I tried splicing cables together to make my own charger for my laptop.
Interestingly enough, the issues only happened when I was vacuuming directly next to my computer. I believe it's stock, but I wasn't using power from my room to vacuum so that shouldn't have much of an effect.

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Howdy, fellas!

So in some combo vids i watch i see people comboing into tornados / Pokemon / other random ****.

My question is this: when people make combos like that, is there a certain way to spawn the desired stage hazard, or does it just take an incredible amount of patience and luck to make combos that use stage hazards?

Thanks d00ds.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Don't make any plans to start using stage hazards for combos because then you'll get tunnel vision and it'll mess with your game, but if a stage hazard is present and you're in the middle of a combo or a techchase that can put your opponent against it, it'll just click for you

Studstill

Smash Ace
Kirby Samus 03
Fox 04
Luigi Yoshi 00
Jiggly DK 03
Howdy, fellas!

So in some combo vids i watch i see people comboing into tornados / Pokemon / other random ****.

My question is this: when people make combos like that, is there a certain way to spawn the desired stage hazard, or does it just take an incredible amount of patience and luck to make combos that use stage hazards?

Thanks d00ds.
Improvisation is a mark of very skilled players. Even on memorized combos, you can branch off from "the combo" into almost infinite slightly different combos. Your opponent forces you to do this anyway with DI and to a lesser extent to with their approach. Hazards tend to be big and cause mistakes, making them fairly simple targets compared to a free-willed opponent.

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
It's not easy lol. I like using Up B offensively and throwing out mad Bairs. IMO being directly below or above Samus is never a good thing. Try to approach horizontally.

You're probably a lot better than me so this might seem either really obvious or really stupid lol. IDK.

Now time for my question!!

Yo what do I do when Yoshi is U Tilting my shied. It seems impossible to escape. Anything I do OOS gets me hit. It sucks.

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, Mixa! Always a help!

If I'm playing as Kirby, what's the best way to recover against a good Fox?

If I go high or mid I get ***** by lasers and B airs and when I'm close to the stage I get ***** by F tilts, dash attacks, and D smashes.

idk what to do :( fox is so good at edge guarding lol

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
So i've been trying to get the yoshi's island without clouds to work, but whenevver I have it activated i can't pick anys stage BUT yoshi's island, because when i pick any other stage it decides "**** you" and loads yoshi's island anyway.

wat do

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
What's up? So you know how the characters have different start animations for their jumps which result in them leaving the ground quickly or slowly?

ie pika can jump mad fast but link is hella slow

Obviously it wouldn't be as dramatic, but characters don't have that variation when they jump in the air, right?

I know there's no like second jump start animation or anything, and it seems silly, but sometimes characters like Puff and Kirby seem to take just a tiny bit longer to second jump than the other characters.

I'm probably just being blinded by their bad vertical air speed. Bleh this question is dumb. Oh well.

Last edited:

Madao

So i've been trying to get the yoshi's island without clouds to work, but whenevver I have it activated i can't pick anys stage BUT yoshi's island, because when i pick any other stage it decides "**** you" and loads yoshi's island anyway.

wat do
You can use activator codes.
if u mean on console, use activator codes
Why not use activator codes on emulator? Does pj64k not support it? If not, then cheat engine ftw!

So I've been trying out a bunch of emulators and I literally see no reason to use pj64k. Why do people still use it? Mupen64++ is like maybe 2% slower in cpu. And that's if you use pj64k's best settings. There are superior emulators that support kaillera :D . My issue with pj64k is too much desync, not to mention it's slower than 1.6, 1.7, and 2.1. To each is his own I guess.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
gameshark support is reason #1

as soon as someone makes gameshark codes work for mupen i will force people to switch or ban them from FU

Madao

gameshark support is reason #1

as soon as someone makes gameshark codes work for mupen i will force people to switch or ban them from FU
Lol isn't there a gameshark plugin for Mupen++beta? Honestly, you could just use cheat engine instead, but I guess some people are just old fashioned. This week, ima try out 1964's kaillera. It looks promising. Only reason I wouldn't use it is if the desync is more common than mupen's. Mupen has better sound than pj64k too. 1964 has gameshark support btw.

Also, I just patch rom instead of using GS for Mupen :D . Most the stuff I need are patchable.

Last edited:

Madao

Is there anything that can be done concerning the horizontal black lines on the patched ROM?
Either you can use a different plugin or hack the rom to bypass crc check (this makes annoying message boxes pop up when you run the rom on certain emulators). Fortunately some emulators like mupen allow you to disable those message boxes, and 1964 doesn't have any message boxes for it. The problem is with the plugin itself. It uses gamehacks that go by the rom's crc. That's why the J version has those lines. As a test, I hacked J version to use U version's crc, and there were no horizontal lines LOL. Basically if the CRC doesn't match the original U version's, then you will see those black lines. Honestly, I only use Jabo 1.6 for the hitbox mode. I'll try and see if the CRC check is based on an external file, but I can't guarantee I'll find anything. What's odd is that I get a black screen when using Jabo's plugin on a different emulator, unless I have Project64.rdb in the same directory (it could be empty and still work).

Lol i just tested (E) and (A) version. (E) has the black lines, but (A) doesn't. I'll look at (A) to see what's different about it.

Madao

Well I'm never using Pj64kve again! Funny thing is, I tested kaillera with my sister, on the same network. She couldn't host, yet I could lol. So it's more to it than just router settings.

For some reason, AQZ never syncs properly. What are the proper settings? I'd rather use AQZ over Kaillera for p2p, since it uses less cpu which is important to me, considering some people's computers can't run emulator at full speed.

MCG

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm never using Pj64kve again! Funny thing is, I tested kaillera with my sister, on the same network. She couldn't host, yet I could lol. So it's more to it than just router settings.
When you open a port, you have to specify a local IP address. Your sister's local IP address and yours are different (e.g. yours can be 192.168.0.100 and someone else on the network 192.168.0.101). Therefore when she tries to host, your external IP address is resolved to your computer instead of her.

Last edited:

Madao

When you open a port, you have to specify a local IP address. Your sister's local IP address and yours are different (e.g. yours can be 192.168.0.100 and someone else on the network 192.168.0.101). Therefore when she tries to host, your external IP address is resolved to your computer instead of her.
Problem is, I actually don't have access to my router page. So I never port forwarded to begin with. This hosting issue also seemed to be emulator specific, because she could host using Mupen, but not 1964. Still, I'll try changing her local IP address next time to see if that was the issue.

1964 is awesome though because it's much faster, so I almost never get fps drops now :D .

Funny thing about PJ64KVE is that I even desynched on local host! I basically ran 2 pj64kve's and connected to myself, yet it still desynced.

I hope I can fix AQZ though ;/ .

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
I've had this issue for 2 days now(I've only actually tried to play late at night).

Normally I play on kaillera fine(besides occasional lag, normal kaillera BS), but now I'm either getting

A. Massive lag on my side
B. Desyncs within 3 minutes sometimes less(inconsistent)

Any explanation to this? Its like I'm on Wifi but obviously, I'm not. Happens in p2p and server too. My wireless is disabled, my router only gives access to my IP too. I've reset router, restart computer, redownloaded PJ64KVE, everything I can think of. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
So far I've only tried to play at night recently, the past few days only. It shouldn't be throttling, I don't DL many things, all my bandwith goes towards watching twitch streams, I live by myself, so no sista. It could be people in my building ruining my connection maybe, but it seems unlikely because I have played this late at night flawlessly, countless times.

Its just frustrating that I can't play my favorite past time :c

Madao

I've had this issue for 2 days now(I've only actually tried to play late at night).

Normally I play on kaillera fine(besides occasional lag, normal kaillera BS), but now I'm either getting

A. Massive lag on my side
B. Desyncs within 3 minutes sometimes less(inconsistent)

Any explanation to this? Its like I'm on Wifi but obviously, I'm not. Happens in p2p and server too. My wireless is disabled, my router only gives access to my IP too. I've reset router, restart computer, redownloaded PJ64KVE, everything I can think of. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS
What's your ISP? Idk what you can do about desync since it happens a lot with pj64kve, but it sounds like you have internet problems.

D

Deleted member

I was told one of the pinned threads had a link for an "all-in-one" package for 64/netplay. Is that still up?

Edit: I downloaded PJ64kVE from the pj64 blog and the rom from EP. The items tab doesn't show up when I go to VS options. Damage is the last tab. Nothing comes after it.
Also, when I press settings->Gameshark codes, the emulator crashes.
What should I do about both of these problems?

Never mind, got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
Nah Madao, DS's on server should only be happening after ~18 minutes of server gameplay, the guaranteed desync time. Any DS before that is usually a problem, though.

Anyways I seemed to have fixed my problem, I had gotten a virus :c

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i think it was from some codecs I tried downloading for vdub. None of the codecs worked and I must have gotten hasty with what I was doing. No it wasn't pr0n or anything I tried to pirate, thank you.

Top Bottom