• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I need some help against a particular playstyle, which is centered around staying on the ground dash dancing and grabbing.
This strategy seems to shut down a large amount of options and makes the gameplay pretty stale.

etc.
I got 2 words for ya:

DASH ATTACK

Though it can be grabbed if timed well (tough to do that though) and is horrible at 0%. But yea, works pretty well otherwise

The Star King

Smash Hero
In general. You can't fall off until the bomb animation ends. So you'll get your jump back once you get to your standing animation.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm going to pick up a Hori pad. Is there anything I should be looking for when I select one to buy? Is this just as much of a gamble as buying a regular controller online in terms of stick condition etc?

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
Still having troubles on Kaillera re: cheats loading online.
If I host a game, cheats won't load ever = no flacno, much items
Halp

Shears

Smash Master
So I decided to try and give online play another shot. I started net play and tried connecting to the galaxy server but it never connects. Is the server down/is there a different server I should be connecting to?

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
So I decided to try and give online play another shot. I started net play and tried connecting to the galaxy server but it never connects. Is the server down/is there a different server I should be connecting to?
FU Galaxy 204.62.14.45:27888
Demon Cat Tribe 216.52.143.190:27888
LAND_O_LAG 209.220.118.133:27888

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
Hay just wondering, mainly for the hori users who play online.
What controller plugin you're using?
Mine feels awfully strange even after calibration.
Wondering if Tacos plays online and what he uses?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think I'm going to pick up a Hori pad. Is there anything I should be looking for when I select one to buy? Is this just as much of a gamble as buying a regular controller online in terms of stick condition etc?
Well, stick condition is usually "good" with hori unless it's "broken." Hori sticks don't really go bad or at least not as quickly so you're likely to get one that's fine for playing on.

I still like to spend extra for the new-in-box ones, but you're paying twice as much basically for the security so eh

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, stick condition is usually "good" with hori unless it's "broken." Hori sticks don't really go bad or at least not as quickly so you're likely to get one that's fine for playing on.

I still like to spend extra for the new-in-box ones, but you're paying twice as much basically for the security so eh
I got a bad stick.

Cannot full hop full height (or get full DI), drifts to the right.

I might've gotten unlucky but yeah, that's why I use my normal 64 controller now (when I'm not using keyboard...)

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I got a bad stick.

I might've gotten unlucky but yeah, that's why I use my normal 64 controller now (when I'm not using keyboard...)

I had the same problem with the first hori I bought.

I just got a new one and occasionally when I try to platform drop it will full hop instead.

60 bucks is a gamble for some of the conditions of these controllers.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I got a bad stick.

See "broken." I've gotten a broken one once before as well. Hence my preference for in-the-box ones.

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
My stick is fine, bought a brand new hori.
Mainly to do with the plugin or something.
It works great on the console but I guess the console is just smoother.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
My stick is fine, bought a brand new hori.
Mainly to do with the plugin or something.
It works great on the console but I guess the console is just smoother.
I don't play online much but I use a raphnet adapter and my hori does feel like it has extra input delay than a regular n64 controller if that's what your problem is.

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
Yea extra input delay would be it.
Just seeing if there is a perfect plugin that would be identical to console or maybe the dead zone and other settings. I don't know, I love the hori on console, it can just be frustrating online.

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys, how do I know what version mine is and what do I do when I download it.
Sorry for being a noob, i suck with this stuff and it will really help me.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
you'll know which one it is when you go to the calibration screen on windows. in xp/vista/7/8, press and hold the windows key on your keyboard, tap the r key then release the windows key. type joy.cpl then tap the enter key. you should see what version of the adapter you have on the resulting screen

kyletree

Smash Cadet
I've been learning yoshi's DJC chains, but I can't figure out if it's better to double tap the bottom C, or slide across two different C buttons. any help?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I've been learning yoshi's DJC chains, but I can't figure out if it's better to double tap the bottom C, or slide across two different C buttons. any help?
If your thumb is fast enough to double tap constantly, then that will be more accurate and consistent than sliding since you'll need to change the timing constantly in a match.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Not really, people just play. You could check the sb64 online forum but it is mad inactive.

To the djc post,

I'd also recommend the double tap, having to move your finger to another button to do really fast djcs sounds really dificulty/ unnecesary

Top Bottom