• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

The Star King

Smash Hero
Glad someone appreciates my stories.

I mostly write them to entertain myself though.

I liked my Korobeiniki story.

(you were probably sarcastic but I'll pretend you weren't)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
does fair actually help with gaining horizontal distance while recovering?

does dtilt come out faster if the character is already crouching?

Sangoku

Smash Master
1) For Kirby and Jigglypuff yes, for the rest I believe not.

2) No, it's the same. If you dtilt (by light press +a that is), you will instantly begin the dtilt animation as crouched.

Olikus

Smash Champion
samus downB helps for horisontal distance, but ******* probably knew that allready.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Hi there, Wizzy. There is a match-up chart made by Red (whatever that means) in March, 2012:

So you can see their positions in the rightmost column: Pika is 1st, DK is last, Yoshi is 10th...

Now that got me wondering about the process for that MU chart. Is there a lame thread somewhere on mixi with endless posts? Anyway, there's a bit more info (tourney-wise) here in this video thread.
Thanks, going to go convert this so that it is in order

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Ness with the advantage over fox and falcon. Awesome.

Not that I agree, but it's certainly encouraging.

Do you guys think discrepancies in tier lists arise from differences in metagame development or version differences?

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Ness with the advantage over fox and falcon. Awesome.

Not that I agree, but it's certainly encouraging.

Do you guys think discrepancies in tier lists arise from differences in metagame development or version differences?
i like to think that the metagame plays a role and not just version differnences

mixa

Banned via Warnings
nu-uh
u crazy

oh, I think I get it now
it's like a joke
as in

"how can I beat kirby's utilt with falcon"

"falcon kick beats kirby utilt. just ask sheer"

except I don't know this hipster guy, or his advices
but since it sounds crazy, it must be what happened

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Normally when you Z-cancel but don't release the Z-trigger in time, you Z-cancel the move but your shield pops out.

This doesn't happen with Mario's Uair. Instead, it is as if you missed the Z-cancel entirely. Am I correct in thinking this. If so, wtf?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Not sure I follow you, are having trouble Z-canceling Mario's Uair, or are you asking if the move has different properties regarding the Z-cancelling + shield buffer process?

The timing to Z-cancel Mario's Uair is deceiving. It's not easy to do Short Hop Dair Uair. It's almost as if Mario lands sooner when he Uairs.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Normally when you Z-cancel but don't release the Z-trigger in time, you Z-cancel the move but your shield pops out.

This doesn't happen with Mario's Uair. Instead, it is as if you missed the Z-cancel entirely. Am I correct in thinking this. If so, wtf?
nope its just difficult tech IIRC

aka practice moar..?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I knew somebody would link Prince's combo. Guess what, that doesn't count!!

J Dsmash confirmed for useless move.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
not as useless as dk's dash attack

alsoattack also are there any corrections to the list or nah

mixa

Banned via Warnings
^ I don't know where that came from originally, but it isn't true. I remember testing DK's dash atk vs Kirby Utilt with someone a long time ago, and it never seemed like I had any frame advantage after the clank.
I just tested it now with TAS, and the frame advantage just depends -- probably on who'd finish the attack earlier.

I also remember an ant-d table which stated DK had the fastest Utilt (w/ hitbox out) in the game, that is also not true, it ties with Kirby's.

Top Bottom