• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Does the difficulty of mashing out of DKs cargo grab change with percentage or is it constant?

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
dks cargo throw is constant with percent. just mash a then b while going left and right with the stick very quickly

Battlecow

Play to Win
It gets harder as percent increases.

I believe antdgar actually has some statistics on how much harder.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
where are these regional crews? if not active I think its a great thing to do to increase scene activity online. ranked crews on top of having a online ladder power rankings

Battlecow

Play to Win
regional crews are just guys who live near you. And you play with each other and at big tourneys you root for each other.

meowmeowrainbowkitty

Smash Apprentice
My friend and I are trying to practice DI. Does anyone have a method they really enjoy for this? I was planning on going with the obvious Samus upB Jiggly dair stuff and just trying to get out. I've also seen a Link dtilt Luigi as the Luigi upB recovers so that he can practice ledge DI.

Any secret training regimens?
(sorry for bringing up old topics. but best way to see that your DI is actually doing something: have a friend use a fireflower, hold a. then the person walks into the fire (DI towards the flower). if you DI, you should see your char move towards/away from the fire.)

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
I've often heard that luigi is much worse than mario and I accept this but I don't understand why. Please don't just say "luigi can't approach" or "his fireballs are bad". I'm looking for a more in depth explanation of how the same moves don't work as well with luigi. I understand his fireballs aren't as versatile as mario's but they are still useful. I don't see why luigi can't pull off the same tricks like d-air to u-air.

Basically I'm looking for an explanation of how luigi's version of the same moves are worse than marios.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
from the index
A: Simple answer? They aren't the same. Mario has better horizontal air speed, contributing to a better approach. His short hop is low enough to make all of his aerials effective when used at the peak, and therefore the Mario brothers' short hop double aerial is more effective with him. His recovery is also far better - he can use the tornado from afar to get height, then send a screen of fireballs down. Luigi's fireballs are markedly inferior, being slow and of an inferior trajectory. Mario's Up-B is far superior for recovery, giving a disjointed, constant hitbox and decent hitstun at the end, so even if you land on the stage it's not incredibly punishable (if the opponent is at high percents). Luigi's Up-B cannot be used to hit the opponent in recovery. While it's true that Luigi's zero-death combos are far easier to finish once they've started, Mario has plenty going for him that Luigi can only dream of, and as such he is simply a better character overall.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I think one of the main reasons Luigi is bad is that he sucks when he is above people, and due to his jump height, floatiness, and lack of aerial mobility he spends a lot of time above people.

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for not looking in the index, I had a feeling this had been discussed already somewhere.
Thanks for the help

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I didn't think anyone was going recognize it; I guess there's a lot more Powerpuff love here than I thought.

And theres nothing wrong with watching 90s cartoons all day.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Does anyone want to help me get better throughout the summer? I have a lot of free time and I can start playing online next week when my adapter gets here

Battlecow

Play to Win
I got a pretty flexy schedule starting mid-june, if you wanna be a cool kid and schedule "lessons" or training sessions or whatever I could commit to a little of that

no promises about throughout the summer tho I might do it for 2 weeks and then wuss out

Battlecow

Play to Win
I get home from college mid-june, I'll be in champaign until like october

so yeah july works hit me up

also Han and the crew are there during the U of I's run, at least for this year

so yeah hit them up

Sedda

Smash Champion
Thaanks, Battlecow. I'm not expecting much at all so no worries. I just want to play with someone who's going to destroy me and then be able to tell me how that happened.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'd be down if you end up playing me. I'll also do any MU/stage on request (I am fairly proficient with all chars).

Sangoku

Smash Master
You **** him several times in a given matchup, then you tell him what he did wrong. Then you replay the matchup and he tries to implement what you told him. And so on.

Or he picks Ness/Yoshi and you shield the first DJC attack, then he breaks it (infinite time is good for this).

mixa

Banned via Warnings
About the invincibility frames: they last a good amount of time when you edgehog (thanks Sangoku for saying Glide plugin displays them), but why is it that sometimes when you grab the ledge, you almost immediatelly get hit? Am I edgehopping without realizing it... ?

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
I don't use a keyboard so I could be wrong about this.

Are pivot utilts on keyboard super easy (pretty much pivot jabs on controller) because you can keep 'up' buffered the whole time?

The Star King

Smash Hero
About the invincibility frames: they last a good amount of time when you edgehog (thanks Sangoku for saying Glide plugin displays them), but why is it that sometimes when you grab the ledge, you almost immediatelly get hit? Am I edgehopping without realizing it... ?
Yeah I would guess you let go of the edge, invincibility goes away instantly if you do so

Top Bottom