• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Um, I can't up smash OOS on emulator. It just shield grabs, any ideas?
I'm using a raphnet. Could it be my plugin settings?

Who's got some sweet plugin settings for a raphnet?
I'd prefer Hori setting but could play on a regular controller too..

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Um, I can't up smash OOS on emulator. It just shield grabs, any ideas?
I'm using a raphnet. Could it be my plugin settings?

Who's got some sweet plugin settings for a raphnet?
I'd prefer Hori setting but could play on a regular controller too..
if you have the old version of the raphnet adapter, that may be the reason. i bought one and found that i couldn't perform effective dash dances on n64 or gc controllers; boom experienced this as well, we bought around the same time.
we both complained, he fixed it and sent us new ones that now work fine

another potential fix would be recalibrating your controller

fast recalibrate screen for windows xp/vista/7/8: hold windows key then press R, type in "joy.cpl" w/o quotes then press enter/return

http://www.mediafire.com/?5gcfh3mky36s61g this is the double-click version of what was just stated above (calibrate screen), all you do is double click this and it will bring up the controller calibration screen

yaowa

Smash Rookie
why do i DS so often? i have good internet and a direct connection, but at best i get 3 games before i have to DS. Any ideas or help would be very apprecited.

Breakthrough(if any of you know him) helped me trouble shoot a little and he helped me enough so i can actually get trough a game, but its still not a fix. please help my nooby a$$ out as i really enjoy playing online. :colorful:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Don't play in fullscreen. Other than that I don't kmow. Try reading JaimeHR's thread about ds (link in the index under useful thread section).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Can anyone give me some tips on how to combo with Fox? It seems to be ridiculously hard to get more than like 2 or 3 hits.

yaowa

Smash Rookie
Don't play in fullscreen. Other than that I don't kmow. Try reading JaimeHR's thread about ds (link in the index under useful thread section).
I can't find that thread. Could you post a link if possible?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i would presume it does both, since damage at time of launch is probably linked to knockback

it doesn't make a huge deal of sense if knockback is determined before the actual upwards hit (ie when the tornado itself does its damage)

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
My friend and I are trying to practice DI. Does anyone have a method they really enjoy for this? I was planning on going with the obvious Samus upB Jiggly dair stuff and just trying to get out. I've also seen a Link dtilt Luigi as the Luigi upB recovers so that he can practice ledge DI.

Any secret training regimens?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i think it'd get real boring real quick to actually sit and practice di, wouldn't it? i always just played games and di'd as best i could in any situation. every game i play i work on something in the middle of it - trying to perfect pivots with falcon or di'ing to get over the ledge to avoid a spike. i also tend to try to di almost every moderate to strong hit. shrug.

something di specific though - how do i rock the nintendude di? that's on my to-do list.

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah practice DI in matches

except maybe like samus DI or whatever I used to do that for like an hour with miyagi to get it down

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
i think it'd get real boring real quick to actually sit and practice di, wouldn't it?
Actually I'm not at all opposed to getting on my grind.

something di specific though - how do i rock the nintendude di? that's on my to-do list.
I'd be interested in this too.

Also, I forgot to ask, is there a community consensus on most favorable DI technique (smash, slide, ****, other) ?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
**** is a technique used to perform Slide DI. Its probably the easiest thing to learn. I'm pretty sure some freaks of nature with super fast-twitch fingers can get better DI without it though.

Sangoku

Smash Master
**** has the disadvantage of being a bit longer to initiate and longer to go back in place. I don't like it also because I can't spam z in case I touch the groud/platform before the end of the combo. I find it confortable enough to slide right with the thumb. But I **** to DI left. It's really a matter of personal preference anyway.

The Star King

Smash Hero
**** has the disadvantage of being a bit longer to initiate and longer to go back in place. I don't like it also because I can't spam z in case I touch the groud/platform before the end of the combo. I find it confortable enough to slide right with the thumb. But I **** to DI left. It's really a matter of personal preference anyway.
That's why you should join the tech-with-R master race ;P

What's a good way to break a habit like rolling?
Go into a friendly consciously thinking to yourself "I WILL not roll ". And try to consciously resist the temptation, and be like "dafuq dude" to yourself every time you do it. It'll go away in no time.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I've seen people say that playing with other characters will help you improve you game/'main' character.
I've also heard about writers who will imitate another writer.

And I've been thinking that, even though I can use mindgames, my game is a bit dumb and I'd benefit from trying to be a copy cat of someone's, say, Fox.

Whatchu guys think about this?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Why can't you hit the z button while ****ing? Your left hand really shouldn't have to move, your right hand is doing all the work

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah it shouldn't move. That's why it's harder to catch the moving z trigger lol. Also I don't hold the controller with the left hand while ****ing as tightly as I do when playing. Again, to let everything move.

Battlecow

Play to Win
copying other people's **** is legit

I mean innovation is cool and you should know how to do that but the whole point of having a competitive community is that you don't have to build a metagame from the ground up

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I meant as an exercise. I'd never want to reinvent the (falcon) wheel. You'd have be real scrubbed in the head to have problems with copying moves and combos.

I want to pick someone who plays defensively.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i dont think i understand clans? first: what is a smash clan? do they meet up on a skype group/FB group? generally ppl i play from a clan and they are better than most of the scrubs that seem to be almost exclusively(80%) on kailera. how do i join one/find better opponents? nothing is worse than wasting hours of matches of people I can't improve against.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
clans exist? i thought it was just crews

aoe's clans were, everyone changed their name - Heaven clan, FiNaL, LiFe, etc - and you played with your clan mates in team games/held tourneys/etc. don't know how that would work in smash though, with teams only being able to have two people

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
There used to be a nice amount of clans now there's only 2 or 3. The old ones were: MC (isai's clan) PPS (boomfan's clan), NBK, SG, PT, V clan, LOS and a few others. A few clans did do clan battles with each other but I suppose the main purpose was just to have a group of friends with similar skill to play with.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
that's exactly what I want. a group of people where I am bit below average, and I can improve rapidly, coach others, and compete with other crews.

Battlecow

Play to Win
clans were never thaaaaaat big

it seemed like a good idea so people tried it

IDK we have regional crews now which are better

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
If Link has a bomb out and gets hit by an attack, what causes him to drop it? Is it just random like Kirby's stolen B move?

Top Bottom