• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

mixa

Banned via Warnings
has anyone got any experience holding ↓ and mashing ← and → alternately? I suppose it's better than just mashing down.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
just a learning curve question: who would you rank from easiest to hardest character to use? I got the feeling of kirbs being easiest and Yoshi being hardest, but what would you say?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
has anyone got any experience holding ↓ and mashing ← and → alternately? I suppose it's better than just mashing down.
I mentioned this idea at Nintendude's place the other day with Star King. Whenever I play kb, I always try to do this, because it hadn't even occurred to me to just mash the button lol. Its really hard to do it though, and I never really get it right. If you can learn it it well it would be better, but you end up having to mash with one of your lesser fingers which is pretty tough.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Let me start by saying that my z-cancelling is pretty good offline.

Is there a trick to z-cancelling Mario/Luigi's Uairs right above the ground? I feel I can never get them but no other move gives me trouble (for any character). I'm talking about uairs like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_FKCXgxGRA

Is there like a minimum height you can do a uair and still z-cancel it?

M!nt

Smash Champion
just a learning curve question: who would you rank from easiest to hardest character to use? I got the feeling of kirbs being easiest and Yoshi being hardest, but what would you say?
Easiest: Pikachu
Hardest: None of them are really that hard imo, but I'd say yoshi short-term and fox long-term. maybe even link actually now that I think about it lol :smash:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I swear Mario's uair has a deceiving animation or something, because I've heard of a lot of people having trouble with that one. You just gotta get used to it. It feels like it lands earlier than it looks like it will so you gotta press Z a little earlier than you'd think?

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Easiest: Pikachu
Hardest: None of them are really that hard imo, but I'd say yoshi short-term and fox long-term. maybe even link actually now that I think about it lol :smash:
What is the purpose or intended meaning of this smiley? :smash:

DC-NERD

Smash Cadet
Not to familiar with past arrangements but

Have anyone ever purposed doing regional crew battles?

Basically the East coast, West coast, Central, Northerners, and Southerners duking it out? Don't slice my balls for this, I was just curious.

ZigZagYag

Smash Rookie
So i just got pject64k and im trying to play smash bros but every time i try to join a game it says "rom not available on this computer". I do have the rom but maybe it's not the right version?? i've tried downloading it from few different places but im not having any luck, can someone please help me!?

DC-NERD

Smash Cadet
Put the Rom in the same folder as the Project64k or set the rom directory to whatever folder you've extracted it to.

(Make sure you've extracted it from the rar file first)

-

Or considering you've done that already, the problem may be its naming. You can fix that by opening up the rdb file in notepad and scrolling down to "Super Smash Bros. (U) [!]" and if the [!] is missing, simply add it on.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Put the Rom in the same folder as the Project64k or set the rom directory to whatever folder you've extracted it to(Make sure you've extracted it from the rar file first)Or considering you've done that already, the problem may be its naming. You can fix that by opening up the rdb file in notepad and scrolling down to "Super Smash Bros. (U) [!]" and if the [!] is missing, simply add it on.
This. Personally, I have a folder called ROMs where all of my ROMs/Zip folders (regardless of emu) are located. Also though, for the 2nd part. Make sure you did get the [!] one though. People use the [!] one and it is not compatible with the "U" without the "I" version

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Weird thing i encountered the other day: [A]->[Z+A] does a jab grab. That makes sense. But why does [A] ->[Z] also do a jab grab? That makes no sense.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
probably because Z+A at the same time is a grab, and if the A input is still being registered when Z is pressed, it counts

doesn't necessarily have to be Z and then A

Sangoku

Smash Master
Weird thing i encountered the other day: [A]->[Z+A] does a jab grab. That makes sense. But why does [A] ->[Z] also do a jab grab? That makes no sense.
Seriously, someone bringing this up again?

Star King gave the explanation to this and I took it into the big data thread.
1.2 When different buttons must be pressed "at the same time" to perform a move, it often doesn't have to. It's probably because the developpers knew being frame perfect would be too difficult, so they left us some room for error.
Grab=R=A+Z at the same time.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Now that we have a new design on smashboards and all that jazz. How can I check peoples post counts in threads?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
How do I play on FD? Cheat doesn't seem to work.
If you speak Spanish (someone translate plox unless it has already been,) this seems to be the solution. Cant remember right otherwise.
http://www.emudigital.net/foro/nintendo-64/7497-ssb64-final-destination-100-jugable.html

To an extent, these will always be from personal opinion. I would generally judge it by two combinations:
1. Tech skill required
2. Easeness of combos

Very Easy
Samus (low amount of combos well makes the character easy)
Luigi (Floaty so combos are easier, smaller combos)

Easy (Easy combos)
Kirby (easy u-tilt combos)
Falcon (easy u-air combos)

Medium (Slightly harder combo timing)
Link
Pikachu
Jiggs

Hard (weird timing for combos)
DK (due to rising u-airs)
Mario (due to d-air/u-air chains)

Very Hard (Tech skill/DJCs)
Fox
Yoshi
Ness

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
also, saying samus is very easy because she has no combos....isn't that ass backwards? wouldn't it be more difficult to use her because you don't have a ready-to-use option like falcon's usmash uair upb..?

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Seriously, someone bringing this up again?

Grab=R=A+Z at the same time.
Yeah i thought it was weird cause I could swear I did not press A and Z at the same time. So I just used mupen-rr to confirm it.
Frame 0: A
Frame 1: Nothing
Frame 2: Z
Frame 3 Nothing

Does a Jab grab.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Are you doing this on purpose? This is all well known and tested already >__>

3.1.3 Grabs

-Grabs happen when you press "A" and "Z" "at the same time" (remember what I said at the beginning of the thread) or when you hold "Z", then press "A" (shield grab). "R" is just a button where "A" and "Z" have been mapped at the same time.
-As there is room for error, you can cancel a jab by pressing "Z" (or "R") within a 2 frame-window. This means you input your jab, then the next frame and the frame after, you can cancel it with "Z" or "R".
-Pikachu, Mario, Luigi and Ness all have a jab hitbox starting on the 3rd frame after the input, therefore it will be out if the jab is cancelled by the grab on the second frame after the jab (don't forget there's one frame delay, so 2+1 makes 3, enough to have the jab hitbox out).

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
My falcon jab clanked with a link dash attack today, which got me a free grab. I only managed to time it because it was running at like 20 fps. Is this legit?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Reminds me of a question I've had for a while: what determines clank lag? Is it character dependent or does it also depend on move or wut

B Link

Smash Lord
You mean lag for the attacker? Don't stronger moves typically have more clank lag? If so, then clank lag would vary between characters, depending on how much damage the attack does.

This is obviously not including moves whose character animation continues even after a clank (jigglypuff's rest & sing, pikachu's down-b).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i always thought it was mainly character dependent

on a side note, clank lag seems like one of those things developers would manipulate to try and balance things but nobody playing the game actually cares much about

Sangoku

Smash Master
That's an interesting question, maybe I could see if I find some pattern.

B Link: just nitpicking, but rest can't clank since it has a blue invincible frame (out of the game) at the same time as the hitbox is out.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Must be a weird hitbox thing? A barely miss that looked good?

Definitely not a clank, down-b is a 1% move lol

Top Bottom