• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yoshi can be hella cheap

keep living in your "My character takes so much skill" world if you want

you'll see

let's be real tho, you probably won't.

I usually DI yoshi's dair down and to the side. It's not hard to get out of.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yoshi takes so much skill to be ACTUALLY GOOD WITH, yeah. I'm sure one could achieve some subpar low B tier Yoshi by being "hella cheap", but rising beyond that? Doubtful.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
"dropping Yoshi for **** tier"? Wut?
Yea lol I liked it better when yoshi mains were rare, but now since more people are looking towards to being a Yoshi main, I wanna be the odd ball and main someone from bottom tier now. If I do drop him though I'm keeping him as an emergency lethal weapon since I have the most experience with him anyways.

B Link

Smash Lord
Yoshi can be hella cheap

keep living in your "My character takes so much skill" world if you want

you'll see

let's be real tho, you probably won't.

I usually DI yoshi's dair down and to the side. It's not hard to get out of.
It's kinda hard for me to DI out of yoshi's dair.

Or maybe it's just because I hate getting drilled and wish I had TAS DI cuz every single hit of a drill pisses me off.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yea lol I liked it better when yoshi mains were rare, but now since more people are looking towards to being a Yoshi main, I wanna be the odd ball and main someone from bottom tier now. If I do drop him though I'm keeping him as an emergency lethal weapon since I have the most experience with him anyways.
Hipster alert! Bottom tier is decently popular I think. Kirby is probably the least used character in online friendlies, but he's probably too good for you. Besides him, if I had to peg a character as least popular... I'd say maybe DK. Or Jigglypuff.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hipster alert! Bottom tier is decently popular I think. Kirby is probably the least used character in online friendlies, but he's probably too good for you. Besides him, if I had to peg a character as least popular... I'd say maybe DK. Or Jigglypuff.
I played two different kirbies yesterday, four in the past week and I've been on like three times

he's at least the 3rd most popular. Easily.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Are these decent players that are a regular part of our community or random noobs? Because I tend to avoid random noobs and so am mostly talking about the former. If it's the former, can I have some names? Because I almost NEVER see the people you and I would recognize the name of pick Kirby (people we all know... B_Link, YBOMBB, KnitePhox, SheerMadness, you, whatever).

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna either do Jiggly or Luigi. Dunno yet. But its most likely gonna be Luigi since I use to main him before. And I really need to find out how to fix this internet issue with Kaillera, its getting really annoying desyncing or lagging out every 2 to 3 matches. You would see me online more but my internet is keeping me from doing it. Just when I thought playing w/ the ping spoofer was doing me good (haven't lagged or desynced for a good month), but that seems to not work anymore. :\

M!nt

Smash Champion
I'm reluctant to pick kirby because of the general hatred of him, hes fun to use though, but it makes me feel like they'd be mad if i won.

DK is definitely least used, jiggs and kirby I think are used pretty often though

The Star King

Smash Hero
Mint I am pretty sure that is how most people feel about Kirby which is why nearly nobody uses him. IMO.

Jigglypuff isn't that popular I think. Probably more than DK though. Between her and Luigi... IDK. Although Puff is infinitely cooler and less boring and has more potential for both flash and winning. No bias. Go with her Izuhu (inb4 your hipster instinct causes you to pick Luigi because I promoted Puff).

M!nt

Smash Champion
How would you know who's popular considering you're almost never playing :troll: :troll: :troll:

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is just gay lol, no cool points

I actually have more fun with Luigi than puff lol, but thats just me. But if this was (J)
I'd def would pick Puff over Luigi disregarding her nerfed rest and D-smash. But yea.....Luigi all day
and its not because you promoted puff lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
Are these decent players that are a regular part of our community or random noobs? Because I tend to avoid random noobs and so am mostly talking about the former. If it's the former, can I have some names? Because I almost NEVER see the people you and I would recognize the name of pick Kirby (people we all know... B_Link, YBOMBB, KnitePhox, SheerMadness, you, whatever).
Killer, MATTS!, Red, I played a guy yesterday who was OK. Mostly no-names though, he's popular among them. You didn't specify a skill level.

Go luigi dude, he's much more rare than puff. There are already a few puff mains, no weegsters that I know of.

B Link

Smash Lord
Kirby is probably the least used character in online friendlies
Assuming we're talking about, as you said, 'decent regular' players, I'm gonna have to say jiggz is up there on the least used char list as well. I know YBOMBB uses it and MATTS uses it (super ultra foil rarely though) but these two players make up the minority I think.

battlecow said:
^There are already a few puff mains
Really?

battlecow said:
no weegsters that I know of.
NTA is one example off the top of my head but I swear I play a luigi like every other day

Also...

HIPSTER TIER LIST

S Tier
Yoshi
Ness
Link

A Tier
Luigi
Samus
Fox
DK

B Tier
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Mario

C Tier
Pikachu
Kirby

NOTE: The creation of this list has already implied that it will no longer be accurate (inb4 kirby becomes hip!)

The Star King

Smash Hero
That list is most used to least used? That list makes no sense no matter how I look at it. i.e. Fox and Falcon are the most used characters by far. Maybe you were just rating how hip you think they are?

kys

Smash Ace
There are way more kaillera "regulars' who don't post here much as opposed to people who post here a lot and play regularly.

Seriously, you guys never play.

Exceptions are mint, myself, tacos, frogles, and boom, but none of us really post much here. And YBOMBB has been MIA recently. He was on the other night but it's strange to see him gone so much.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
There are way more kaillera "regulars' who don't post here much as opposed to people who post here a lot and play regularly.

Exceptions are mint, myself, tacos, frogles, and boom, but none of us really post much here. And YBOMBB has been MIA recently. He was on the other night but it's strange to see him gone so much.
I can't play, i am forever dropping packets :(

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
luigi > puff.

in every way.
I thought the same on my old account when this tier list "use" to be the current. I would argue about luigi placement all the time. Him being behind jiggs and **** when it should be the exact opposite. I still think this can be the legit tier list with minor adjustments. For ex. Kirby over fox, Jiggs and Luigi swap, ness gets his *** dropped, etc etc :laugh:

Old Tier List
VVVVVVVV
S Tier
(1)Pikachu
(2)Fox

A Tier
(3)Kirby
(4)Falcon
(5)Mario

B Tier
(6)Yoshi
(7)DK
(8)Ness
(9)Jigglypuff

C Tier
(10)Luigi
(11)Link
(12)Samus

prisonchild

Smash Ace
I thought the same on my old account when this tier list "use" to be the current. I would argue about luigi placement all the time. Him being behind jiggs and **** when it should be the exact opposite. I still think this can be the legit tier list with minor adjustments. For ex. Kirby over fox, Jiggs and Luigi swap, ness gets his *** dropped, etc etc :laugh:

Old Tier List
VVVVVVVV
S Tier
(1)Pikachu
(2)Fox

A Tier
(3)Kirby
(4)Falcon
(5)Mario

B Tier
(6)Yoshi
(7)DK
(8)Ness
(9)Jigglypuff

C Tier
(10)Luigi
(11)Link
(12)Samus
i was kind of exaggerating when i said IN EVERY WAY, but definitely in any way related to coolness/how awesome the characters are.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
i was kind of exaggerating when i said IN EVERY WAY, but definitely in any way related to coolness/how awesome the characters are.
Lol I felt that you were exaggerating because Luigi is only slightly better(imo) others might bash me and say Puff
but im inb4 that happens
. But in the coolness factor yea... Luigi over puff.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
In general the opinion is Link better on Congo or Dreamland?

Edit:
Ness's bair does the hitbox end toward the middle of the body or does it extend to his head? (It isn't in the hitbox gifs)

Hiphiphooray

Smash Apprentice
So I'm using the http://www.raphnet-tech.com/ adapter to try to play online, but it keeps messing up.

When I plug it in I get the sound of it connecting and it works for a split second, and then i get the sound of it disconnecting and it stops working. Under Control Panel, I plug it in, it pops up, then immediately disconnects. Sometimes if I hold it at a weird angle it stay popped up for a few seconds longer. This only happens on some days too.

When I first plug it in, it says it failed to install the driver properly, then connects and reconnects over and over again. However, if when I first plug it in (meaning my computer has just been turned on) the device driver is listed as unrecognized, then it works all day, until at some random point later it decides that the device wasn't installed correctly.

Anyone have a fix? I've gone through so many technical difficulties since trying to play smash online.

Battlecow

Play to Win
How would you guys feel about best 3 out of 5 sets and 4 out of 7 sets being win by two like in tennis?
I don't like it. It could take forever (extending the tourney indefinitely and bringing player fatigue into play) and it would take away the last-game ultimate epic hype. You can't sustain that for 3 games.

So I'm using the http://www.raphnet-tech.com/ adapter to try to play online, but it keeps messing up.

When I plug it in I get the sound of it connecting and it works for a split second, and then i get the sound of it disconnecting and it stops working. Under Control Panel, I plug it in, it pops up, then immediately disconnects. Sometimes if I hold it at a weird angle it stay popped up for a few seconds longer. This only happens on some days too.

When I first plug it in, it says it failed to install the driver properly, then connects and reconnects over and over again. However, if when I first plug it in (meaning my computer has just been turned on) the device driver is listed as unrecognized, then it works all day, until at some random point later it decides that the device wasn't installed correctly.

Anyone have a fix? I've gone through so many technical difficulties since trying to play smash online.
That's really weird. I know that the raphnet guy is super cool; if you conclude that the adapter was shipped broken, email him politely asking for a replacement and maybe he'll go for it?

I know that sometimes it seems like mine doesn't work unless I lay the connecty bits on a flat surface like a table. Have you tried that?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
How would you guys feel about best 3 out of 5 sets and 4 out of 7 sets being win by two like in tennis?
I wouldn't like that way, but something similar could be done:

If it gets to the clincher (i.e. game 5 in b05 or game 7 in b07), then that particular game could be win by 2 stocks. Could create some dramatics situations, plus it better determines who the better player is because of the extra dominance required for the W. Will it happen though? prolly not

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'd say link's better on Congo for sure. the way it's shaped and the way the platforms go just seems conducive to his projectile game.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Congo is better for link, bigger stage, dat barrel, so many platforms. The whole stage design just gives link more space to play with his projectiles. The only downside with Congo is that the ledges are ********, but you can always go through the stage from underneath so thats good...somewhat.

The Star King

Smash Hero

>plays like literally 30 hours the past week or two
>never plays

Although to be fair a ton of it was past midnight.

OK, I go on large breaks sometimes, but when I play, I play A LOT. Totally an addict.

Old Tier List
VVVVVVVV
S Tier
(1)Pikachu
(2)Fox

A Tier
(3)Kirby
(4)Falcon
(5)Mario

B Tier
(6)Yoshi
(7)DK
(8)Ness
(9)Jigglypuff

C Tier
(10)Luigi
(11)Link
(12)Samus
No. I'm sorry but Luigi being better than Puff is just straight-up wrong. If you get good you will realize this. Get dem outdated opinions out of here.

to echo SK, nobody plays kongo enough to make that comparison
Yep! But this is Smashboards so people will theorycraft with little experience anyways!

For the record, I feel that Link's game on Dreamland is a tad underrated. People don't abuse instant double jump platform movement enough (hi Isai). Or know how to play Link outside of projectile spam in general.

Congo is better for link, bigger stage, dat barrel, so many platforms. The whole stage design just gives link more space to play with his projectiles. The only downside with Congo is that the ledges are ********, but you can always go through the stage from underneath so thats good...somewhat.
Every time someone feels the need to bring up Congo's "******** ledges" I die a little on the inside.

Top Bottom