• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Sangoku

Smash Master
The first thing to get used to when you're trying to yoshi is to press z before every jump (without having the egg coming out is better). I parry so many things unconsciously with this.

And learn to combo (heavies and lighties) and shieldbreak. I can do neither of those except cheap uair chains on heavies =(.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
both characters can function without them, though both are fairly reliant on them

i would say kirby

kirby can camp better than falcon and is arguably less dependent on them (sh d-air is pretty amazing though, so is sh n-air for gtfos), plus you can do a pseudo short hop by quickly jumping twice

Battlecow

Play to Win
At the level of play where you don't know how to short hop... it's hard to say, it really depends on your playstyle probably. In like a Blue Yoshi situation where the non-shorthopper is actually pretty good, apparently Jiggs is the best sans short hops, but between Falcon and kirby... I'd say kirby for sure, actually.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Falcon relies pretty heavily on short hops for approaching (assuming you're not the dash dance grab type :troll:), and for making combos interesting, heh.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
thank god! what an annoyance.. I actually got it working thanks to orbot on my android phone, but what a savage ****ing pain in the ***..
anyways AA, thannks for uploading it, and what's going on with the commentary?
Watched a few of those and really enjoyed them. DanDan You gonna do more?

dandan

Smash Lord
i wanted to, but got busy with uni and tiger kinda disappeared.
now i play way less than i did, so hard to see me doing more. i wanted to make videos like the yoshi one for all the characters, but it took so long to make that i got lazy.
we will see though, anything can happen.

also sem, onto why i do not upload it, i actually did but the file has been deleted due to inactivity since.
i do not have the original file, and i really do not feel like downloading the youtube file to upload again as youtube really destroys your edit.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
i wanted to, but got busy with uni and tiger kinda disappeared.
now i play way less than i did, so hard to see me doing more. i wanted to make videos like the yoshi one for all the characters, but it took so long to make that i got lazy.
we will see though, anything can happen.

also sem, onto why i do not upload it, i actually did but the file has been deleted due to inactivity since.
i do not have the original file, and i really do not feel like downloading the youtube file to upload again as youtube really destroys your edit.
Next time, just upload to a site that doesn't delete your stuff for inactivity. I believe Mediafire will keep everything, provided you log on like at least once every 60 days (if you can't do even that then god help you). I have also never had a problem with MegaUpload deleting my stuff.

dandan

Smash Lord
meh, i adjusted the vid so hits will align with drumbeats and the such.
also, as i said, i do not have the original track, and will not download it and mute it completely to change the track.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Then fix that slight issue...you can still use youtube just cut the music or what ever is causing it to be banned >_>

But since you said you DONT want to do it, then it's your problem and nothing else :p

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Well I was able to download it anyways thanks to AA, and It's a damn good little guide.
and thanks for the help mint, that's good to know in the future.
And DanDan, I know tigerbombz is supposed to be the comic relief but I was laughing anytime you said anything during the match he lost to Sensei. that was funny ****.

I just realized fox had 5 directions to aim his Ftilt
45 degree below horizontal
22.5 below
22.5 above
45 above
0 degrees

The only difference I noticed between any of them is that 45 below has no knock back growth. But is there any subtle differences between them?

TANK64

Smash Lord
Edit:nvm read blue stuff -____-"^^

thought this question is still relevant:

Isn't the direction they go significantly different from say middle to high?

The Star King

Smash Hero
all high angled tilts have higher knockback and damage AFAIK, but I'm not sure if this is true between 22.5 and 50 degrees up

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
So I seem to get more desynchs than I should while using Project64k7E 1.4 core 0.13, so I'm now trying project64KVE 0.13 core 1.4(Thanks Boom), but I'm having some problems.

I seem to be getting a little more lag, but the Main problem is about 4 outta 5 times the screen won't be visible when I try to start up a match on Kaillera.
I've tried messing with the graphics plugin, but I don't really know what I'm doing. I have noticed though, if I have my graphics plugin set to Jabo 3d8 1.6 and I go to configure it, I get a different window before I've started Netplay and after. After I start netplay it seems to bring up the configure menu for the glide plugin, whether or not I was trying to use that one.
It's late and I'm tired so I don't know how much sense I'm making right now, but I'm frustrated so I figured I'd ask you guys..
Thanks in advance for even reading this

Sangoku

Smash Master
Tilts get more knockback and damage (%) when tilted up. It doesn't matter 22.5° or 45°, as long as it's up and they make less damage when tilted down.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Does anyone knows how to use a wii with an HDMI cable in a LED monitor that does not support RCA, only VGA & HDMI??

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I know that, but I was too lazy to go to other forum to make that question, and then decided to ask it here hoping that someone of you could know something.
but I appreciate your response even you don't seem to know anything about it. ;)

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
So I seem to get more desynchs than I should while using Project64k7E 1.4 core 0.13, so I'm now trying project64KVE 0.13 core 1.4(Thanks Boom), but I'm having some problems.

I seem to be getting a little more lag, but the Main problem is about 4 outta 5 times the screen won't be visible when I try to start up a match on Kaillera.
I've tried messing with the graphics plugin, but I don't really know what I'm doing. I have noticed though, if I have my graphics plugin set to Jabo 3d8 1.6 and I go to configure it, I get a different window before I've started Netplay and after. After I start netplay it seems to bring up the configure menu for the glide plugin, whether or not I was trying to use that one.
It's late and I'm tired so I don't know how much sense I'm making right now, but I'm frustrated so I figured I'd ask you guys..
Thanks in advance for even reading this
If you want to use 3D8 1.6 instead of Glide64, you have to manually change the video plugin .dll files lol.

Go to this folder:
Project64k_0_13 -> Plugin

In order to use a certain video plugin online you need to rename the file to "Jabo_Direct3D7.dll". Right now I have Glide64 named as 3D7, so just take Jabo_Direct3D8.dll and rename it to Jabo_Direct3D7.dll and it'll work online just fine.

Top Bottom