• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

Bunny4Eva

Smash Ace
Aibou is just killin' it now lol

I got a question, how come is harder to Di out of Zelda's Upsmash on wifi?
Dun answer anything related to lag mmk.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Aibou is just killin' it now lol

I got a question, how come is harder to Di out of Zelda's Upsmash on wifi?
Dun answer anything related to lag mmk.
Zelda too good, obv.
If you do get out, only a few characters actually benefit >__>
Zelda ****.

Aibou

Smash Master
If you have specific character questions, go to the character boards and stop trying to make this the new social with your pointless +1s.

And to answer Mio's question: SDI in general is harder in general on wifi due to lag. MK's nado is harder to SDI as well.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If you have specific character questions, go to the character boards and stop trying to make this the new social with your pointless +1s.

And to answer Mio's question: SDI in general is harder in general on wifi due to lag. MK's nado is harder to SDI as well.
Heheh, not a social obv., we've done that already...
*Points to downed threads*

I find MK's tornado easier to SDI from than Zelda Usmash, online and offline, guess is just me though...

Aibou

Smash Master
Her usmash isn't that easy to SDI anyway. However, several characters can SDI it VERY easily, even on wifi. Those characters would be: :marth: :pit: :samus2: :popo: :toonlink:

There was another one I think but I forgot...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Her usmash isn't that easy to SDI anyway. However, several characters can SDI it VERY easily, even on wifi. Those characters would be: :marth: :pit: :samus2: :popo: :toonlink:

Out of those, which characters benefit?

Aibou

Smash Master

Late response is late, but I just remembered that :lucario: was the last one I forgot.

...yeah...

Jezo

Smash Cadet
New here, so don't judge me! =_=''

Is there any online tournaments? From the looks of the tournament section it's all hosted at specific places. Being 16, I cannot attend these. -sigh-

Thanks in advance.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Online Tournament Listings of the forums (Commonly referred to as "The OTL")
Under Smash Tournaments, can't miss it.

Welcome to the forums.

Dudleydino

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway for a friend and I to team up vs. other people online? I can't seem to find a way to do that, other than trying to score a game together by joining team-mode at the same time.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Is there anyway for a friend and I to team up vs. other people online? I can't seem to find a way to do that, other than trying to score a game together by joining team-mode at the same time.
Not unless you're in With Friends mode of Online.
And you have to have others registered.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I see. So you're saying that it's not possible to play other people, only friends.
Yes, that about sums it up.
But just try to find FC's in the Arena and such, and you should be good.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I see. So you're saying that it's not possible to play other people, only friends.
You cannot do a team battle with two people with an in-real-life-friend in "With Anyone" Mode. You can, however, still do team battle with an in-real-life-friend against "other people" online. You simply have to exchange friend codes and play using "With Friends" mode rather than "With Anyone" mode.

To find people to exchange friend codes with and play against over WFC, you can use this thread: Smashboards Arena. This allows you to find people to play and communicate what kind of match you want to do. Just post in the the thread asking for two people to team battle against you and your friend. When you find people to play make sure that the person who is hosting the game has exchanged friend codes with everyone that is going to play.

You can also use the Faux Finder to find people to play with: Faux Finder. The thread here explains what it's all about.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I'm constantly losing conection on wi-fi. My internet is (or at least should be) fine and my wii is right next to the wireless adapter and modem. But almost everytime on wi-fi I get the "Lost conection with the other players" pop-up then get booted from the brawl, or sometimes wi-fi completely. Does this happen often, or is it just me?

BSP

Smash Legend
It's probably just you.

When you get DC'd, go back to your friends list. If it says your friend is still brawling, somethings wrong with their connection. If it says they're online then you get DC'd, there's something wrong with your connection.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Oh, sorry, I should've mentioned that it's on brawl anyone. It doesn't usually dc me on friend brawl, just with anyone.

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't really know how to help you then, sorry, but at least you have the better of the two to play on.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh, sorry, I should've mentioned that it's on brawl anyone. It doesn't usually dc me on friend brawl, just with anyone.
I wouldn't really see a real issue about that if your connection was blocking something...

Anyways, if you're getting DC'd consistently, it's your connection and you'll prob. have to find an alternate solutuion (Getting a new router, connection, etc.)

If it's only occasionally, someone is disconnecting the group with their horrid wi-fi, and the screen normally lags persistently until it freezes, then it DC's. The only way to help this is to hope your opponents have at least a half decent connection, or having the best connection you can find, to at least minimize the chances of the game DCing with that player.

But as MB said, i'd feel better being left with "Friends" option of play, at least you can control who you're playing on there. And also any lag that could radiate from your games.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
im not surprised just go up stairs and sleep then

most of the time when they bring their wifi down they shut it down in such a way that your in the waiting room for over 20 mins + or you DC, drop out before a game starts.

If you cant find any players for over 20 minutes in waiting assume first somethings wrong with your net, if not n u see an error code being spammed thats your cue.

Its also not uncommon to disconnect if no other players are available so..trouble shoot accordingly

The real little comet

Smash Cadet
I'm getting the error too.
But what I'm reading is more along the lines of;

"Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service for this software has been discontinued. For a list of existing list of-"

Yeeah, I honestly do not care for any other games at this point.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
its more important that you look up the error code versus what your brawl disc error message says. Realistically they'd only discontinue brawl wifi only when the newer SSB / console comes out.

Ive had a feeling somethings been up for the past few hours...so little rooms i ran into. Vast majority of disconnects. N [Brawling...] drop outs

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
its more important that you look up the error code versus what your brawl disc error message says. Realistically they'd only discontinue brawl wifi only when the newer SSB / console comes out.

Ive had a feeling somethings been up for the past few hours...so little rooms i ran into. Vast majority of disconnects. N [Brawling...] drop outs
Yeah same.
and for those who are too lazy too look up the code:

Error Code: 20110
There appears to be a temporary issue with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Our technicians are currently working to resolve this problem. Please try your connection again later.

If you have waited several hours and are still seeing this error code, please call 1-800-255-3700. Our representatives are available between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Ok, so I'm constantly losing conection on wi-fi. My internet is (or at least should be) fine and my wii is right next to the wireless adapter and modem. But almost everytime on wi-fi I get the "Lost conection with the other players" pop-up then get booted from the brawl, or sometimes wi-fi completely. Does this happen often, or is it just me?
first off move your wii 4-6 feet away from the router

having the wii so close it could be thrown into a "dead" zone where it cannot receive the wifi signal. Im going to list some questions and your going to need to check your modem/router to see if they're activated/switched on.

1. Is your router broadcasting on channel 1/11?

2. Is your router labeling the Wii as "DMZ"?

3. Are there parental controls active?

4. Are you using mac filter, or some other network access security? [WEP,WPA1-2 are used by the wii]

DMZ refers to De-Militarized Zone. Some older technical devices have issues with interacting with newer technology n in the wiis case, the lag is usually caused by security like firewalls/ISP stuff/distance from u n ur opponent. Since the ladder two cannot be helped, by DMZing the wii it allows the wii full UNRESTRICTED access to the internet without it being hindered by too much security n firewalling. DMZing the wii is not a good idea if you intend to use the wii to browse the internet. If you use it strictly for gaming, you should be fine.

PPL itt also said newer router helps. Yes it does and having taken down, n reconstructed my home internet network just for playing Brawl online, paying 100$ for a new router does make your online experience much better.

Examples;

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJetHammer#p/u/3/w4qPz-hbS4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugzrJnDMehs

These matches were recorded live, n obvi it was on wifi friend vs mode. The player i fought lives in Southern California and i live in Central Ohio to give you a good idea. There was barely any lag. However, if you look closely at the IC vs DDD video you can tell there is still SOME amount of input delay because he had issues buffering grabs. Wifi cannot be completely cured of lag esp with buffering attacks, but as you can see in the matches they both ran pretty smoothly.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Other people are getting this, the Smash Servers would just be downed for a while, no reason to panic. Just wait some time before you try again. Mine still works, though :ohwell:
But my wi-fi is already pretty bad...
Anyway, just leave it in wait for about a day, then i'll try consulting Nintendo.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Now that wi-fi is back up I went online to play. Now I'm connecting a lot faster. Before it took 10-15 min for me to find a group (basic brawl) and now it takes less than 5 min. Unfortunetly I get DC'd from every group after a few rounds. Ik my internet has the issue of DCing me every now and then (Mainly 'cause the internet server around here gets too crowded) but never this much. Is anyone else having problems?

BSP

Smash Legend
Today, I would get DC'd in with anyone mode after about 2 fights, even if the match was decent on lag. IDK whats up, and last night, my wii refused to connect to wifi lol.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Now that wi-fi is back up I went online to play. Now I'm connecting a lot faster. Before it took 10-15 min for me to find a group (basic brawl) and now it takes less than 5 min. Unfortunetly I get DC'd from every group after a few rounds. Ik my internet has the issue of DCing me every now and then (Mainly 'cause the internet server around here gets too crowded) but never this much. Is anyone else having problems?
If you have some certain connections, they'll be a bit skippy at times, but they normally work for a decent period of time, before having the same issue at a later time.
And yes, overusing bandwidth while playing wifi can cause some issues like DC's, Lag, and other considerable problems.
I think it's just connection dependent; I've played Basic Brawl on my friend's connection without a single slip up in the connection. His wifi is extreme, and i rarely have lag, i've never DC'd, and it's connectivity is relatively broken :bigthumbu

Today, I would get DC'd in with anyone mode after about 2 fights, even if the match was decent on lag. IDK whats up, and last night, my wii refused to connect to wifi lol.
On the DC: This is common in BB since it's normally effected by the people in the match, and their connection(s).
If you get it around once or twice, it's prob. just your opponents. If you're getting this abundantly, it's more than likely your connection.

On the wifi connectivity: This issue was shared by i'm sure everyone with a working wifi connection.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Last night was maintenance (crash) so the servers where out from about midnight to 5:30am (US Central) I know 'cause I checked it every few min. And I'm having the EXACT same problem as you. In a group, after my 2-5th brawl, I get DC'd, even if the conection was good. My mom thinks it was our Wii so we traded it in for a different one (it had other issues anyways) She just got on Wi-Fi and is playing now, so I'll watch and see how it is now.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Well it's still having that issue. Not quite as bad as before, but it still DCs from almost every group after a few rounds (even if the conection had be lag-free). I think it isn't just us, I think a lot of ppl are having this problem, which I noticed really kicked off after last night's down time.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
It's just correction maintenance. Don't blame Nintendo for any difficulties, i'm sure they're trying their hardest to resolve the issue.

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
Good thing, we are now able to make it back online. I'm experiencing disconnections at random times, mostly when checking my friend roster or during a brawl, even happens doing "with friends"! :(

Anyone getting this error code whenever a disconnection occurs? It's 91010 I'm always getting. Is there really an issue going on with my friend roster, or is this something to do with the maintenance?

(By the way... Ay, LP)

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
91010 might be because of a invalid friend code in your friend roster (or at least that's what Nintendo told us when we got that error). But I got that error a few times even with no friends registered, so not always. I'm still being DC'd, usually in the first or second brawl. There is obviously an issue with the server if we are all having the same problem. I should call Nintendo again and ask what's wrong, or if there is any way around the issue until they repair it.

Edit: I've been in this last group for about 8 brawls. Maybe it's fixed now. Nevermind it just DC'd.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Anyone getting this error code whenever a disconnection occurs? It's 91010 I'm always getting. Is there really an issue going on with my friend roster, or is this something to do with the maintenance?

(By the way... Ay, LP)
Seems they're still under maintenance with the servers...
Should be up an clear in the upcoming hours.
And hey :D

91010 might be because of a invalid friend code in your friend roster (or at least that's what Nintendo told us when we got that error). But I got that error a few times even with no friends registered, so not always. I'm still being DC'd, usually in the first or second brawl. There is obviously an issue with the server if we are all having the same problem. I should call Nintendo again and ask what's wrong, or if there is any way around the issue until they repair it.

Edit: I've been in this last group for about 8 brawls. Maybe it's fixed now. Nevermind it just DC'd.
Here is one thing you should check out before you continue to rant about Nintendo's maintenance.

91010 is just a connection error code, it's generally meaning that the connection was having trouble keeping up to speed with the router. Using a wired connection usually seals this up.
Again, don't blame Nintendo for the 81010 Error Code, simply use a wired connection to resolve the issue, or wait out the problem if it persists.
Error code 81010-91010
This error is caused by a temporary network issue with the Nintendo wireless (Wi-FI) connection.
To solve this issue:
Please wait and try again while Nintendo solves these issues to get service back up.

Top Bottom