• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

asdaf

Sliq

Smash Master
vegeta and piccolo developed whatchu talkin bout
Right, because bad guy becoming good guy hadn't already been done 400 times. *coughcough Anubis from Ronin Warriors coughcough*

But seriously, Vegeta is constantly the same, and the ONLY Piccolo development was the Gohan training arc, and that was still weak sauce in comparison to like 400 other stories.

DBZ is extremely dated when compared to like everything now, but it's a classic due to nostalgia and because it was awesome for it's time.

Kel

Smash Master
Right, because bad guy becoming good guy hadn't already been done 400 times. *coughcough Anubis from Ronin Warriors coughcough*

But seriously, Vegeta is constantly the same, and the ONLY Piccolo development was the Gohan training arc, and that was still weak sauce in comparison to like 400 other stories.

DBZ is extremely dated when compared to like everything now, but it's a classic due to nostalgia and because it was awesome for it's time.
Tommy becomes a good guy in power rangers

rofa

Smash Journeyman
i hate it when people say this, but I should definitely be on there imho. I've easily 3 and 2 stocked dogma everytime I played him, and last tourney I double two stocked ding. also, I am with the NOJ right now and am running his **** into the ground. people think rofa disappear but noooo, he back now and methinks i deserve to be there. . . but, w/e, cool design. also, mikey lenetia? comon, i know u guys love his peach, but srsly. . . and i've never lost to sauce boss either, although he's definitely getting better from what i can see. notra i have no comment on, not until i see him more

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
you've definitely dropped games to me before. Idk about a set, we only played in tourney once I think and you won, but two Lolis ago I beat you a few times in friendlies.

Notra

Smash Ace
i hate it when people say this, but I should definitely be on there imho. I've easily 3 and 2 stocked dogma everytime I played him, and last tourney I double two stocked ding. also, I am with the NOJ right now and am running his **** into the ground. people think rofa disappear but noooo, he back now and methinks i deserve to be there. . . but, w/e, cool design. also, mikey lenetia? comon, i know u guys love his peach, but srsly. . . and i've never lost to sauce boss either, although he's definitely getting better from what i can see. notra i have no comment on, not until i see him more
I can agree w/ rofa. he does deserve to be on it. i mean i beat him at LoLiS. but i also beat ding the first time he played my style, for like more than a match. Now he knows me and id rather play lain than ding. his meta is made to **** falcos.

also, fyi. ppl who havent played me outside of tourney... i play alot cleaner. im kinda new to the tourney scene. only been to like 5 or 6 real ones. so i still get hella nervous.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
rofa is not on there because you were absent for like 2 months if you do well next lolie ill make sure youre on

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't have much of a problem about people saying they should be up there, since power rankings are about encouraging competition, but I'd appreciate not talking down others on the list.
We were actually already discussing you since you started attending tournaments again, but claiming Mikey (who placed solidly at LoLiS1, beating both L Cancel and Renegade) doesn't belong on the list isn't going to open up a spot for you. Just saying.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Well i view the rankings as bragging rights. The rankings show who has been doing well for a number of tournies, to take a leave for a few months and come back is going to hurt you. Like now were debating if anther should get moved down because of his tourney attendance same with judge.

look at it like a sport, if the number 1 team didnt show up to any games they would go down in rank, but if they show up and win they remain number 1.

Notra

Smash Ace
why should there be another one already? There's been like 1 michigan tourney since the last one.
cause l cancel and sliq arent on it. and since we cant have that many HM's i guess the ppl who can place a lil higher. (Me, U, Ren, Mikey, Rofa) will get a number. Or somethign like that....

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Wait a minute why is Mikey Lenetia on that list? Ive barely seen him at the tournaments lately. Not to say that he isnt a great Peach its just there are others I think could be on that list. Eh oh well.

And LOL at how Renegade is Mr. Popo. Shenanigans.

And I need to step it up also. I want on that list.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I'm on that list as an honorable mention because this list was made a little after LoLiS1. Also, I'm returning for LoLiS4, since I was able to get that day off, so we'll see if that changes your mind any.

Darn work and not letting me have days off when I ask...

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Wait a minute why is Mikey Lenetia on that list? Ive barely seen him at the tournaments lately. Not to say that he isnt a great Peach its just there are others I think could be on that list. Eh oh well.

And LOL at how Renegade is Mr. Popo. Shenanigans.

And I need to step it up also. I want on that list.

Mikey is an amazing player and can beat more people than the other people in michigan than most. which is why he is on the list.

Last edited:

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
I think you misinterpreted him. I think he means he hopes to be on the list in the future. Because of how he said he needs to step it up right before that. I don't think he was saying he should be on the list right now.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Omni: I am going to assume that you horribly misinterpreted what I said. Let me break it down for you and please read carefully:

For starters I am very well aware that Mikey is talented. I even stated so I just haven't seen him at a lot of tournaments is all. That was my only debate and its not a big one. I'm not sure what the timeframe that PR is based off of so I could just be misinformed anyway. Mikey you're awesome.

Sauce is correct when I say I want to be on that list in the future. I NEVER said I'm entitled to be on that list now. Because I don't deserve to be. I've placed well but not enough to be on PR yet.

By the I am VerticalHorizon like Panda said. I'm no noob I know how this **** works. I made this account before I stuck to Vertical. Its almost the same thing lol

And Panda: I'm coming for you! :p

judge!

Smash Ace
i hope my soberness will help me in this tourney lol sober for a few days..yay lol

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
ROFL Russwell, that is Vertical Horizon :p
**** lol, i like VHS sorry VHS

Omni: I am going to assume that you horribly misinterpreted what I said. Let me break it down for you and please read carefully:

For starters I am very well aware that Mikey is talented. I even stated so I just haven't seen him at a lot of tournaments is all. That was my only debate and its not a big one. I'm not sure what the timeframe that PR is based off of so I could just be misinformed anyway. Mikey you're awesome.

Sauce is correct when I say I want to be on that list in the future. I NEVER said I'm entitled to be on that list now. Because I don't deserve to be. I've placed well but not enough to be on PR yet.

By the I am VerticalHorizon like Panda said. I'm no noob I know how this **** works. I made this account before I stuck to Vertical. Its almost the same thing lol

And Panda: I'm coming for you! :p
Indeed i did misinterpret what you were gettin at my apologies, i was just blindly running in to back a friend up.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
No worries I figured that was the case. :) Its cool.

But yeah I guess I'm gonna have to really hustle if I want to make that list. Getting a second job at Gamestop has been awesome. I can now afford all these train trips back n forth lol. Itd be nice if I could wish some money though lol

Plus the discounts rock. I don't pay as much for Gamecube controllers now :D

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
so are we gonna get a new list after LoLiS 4? i wanna see who makes it and who wont cuz i kno i wont be on there cuz i wont be there for singles

Top Bottom