• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Combo Potential. 8 Max...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's my Cross Arrow Strike! Yet I never was able to do it as good as this!? You do that better than I can!?
That's where i abandoned it, and went for some of my Orbital tactics.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its cool ill give you that, but arrow looping can be hard enough to hit with at times and this takes much more time and exact spacing.......It'll work if you break there sheild though but I full smash just tasts better. I call it... the Undr arrow?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol Sorry Admiral, I've been practicing this for a long time now. >_<

As for uses? Well if you get the Rain on someone this can be added from afar if you're not close enough to capitalize.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
i guess, but the ONLY time I have ever seen the rain work is in that one shot for ADM against samus. but ya, if you can rain then toss this in sure but raining it self is a very slim shot.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Slime Shot!? I don't even know what that means but I can guess... Anyway I use it plenty now adays. It will be in one of my upcoming videos.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
sorry typo I ment slim lol I will look forward to seeing it in the vid, I hope to see the match its in too so I can see everything that wen't into it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yet again, Im not gonna be featured... what's the point in me trying anymore when they now can do my tricks and counter em?

Afropony

Smash Lord
Lol don't worry Admiral you can just make more tricks for us to get off you.

Anyways I used to practice this randomly sometimes but I dont find it very useful.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And to think about the Cross Arrow Strike, it should have been Crossfire all along. Arrows look like blue comets, call em Blue comets, that's where Im starting up my Orbital thing.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol I've never done that in a real match. Though I've done normal Arrow Blitz/Rains.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Very very cool! ^_^

Why do you shoot one arrow to the right? Is it just for timing issues?

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
nice, nice...so far ive only been able to get 6 but im gonna keep working at it. It's fun cuz i can hit every character on stage twice :D

KY_Des

Smash Ace
It's because if there's anything gay you can do, it can be done to DK. Whorenado, CGs, Infinites, you name it. Poor DK.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
haha its ok dk makes up for it with his three spikes (four if you include cargo spike on certain stages) and beastly smashes, not to mention his shield breaking ability which is always sick, but i digress

Undr you are sick
arrows are ****

its a shame that this is highly situational
oh annnnnnd

"I have returned" (in dragoon voice) for all you SC junkies out there

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Anyway you can do this while zooming out the camera to see the arrows? If you cant, send me a replay and I'll try to get a recording of the arrows using an unrestricted camera to fit all the arrows.

Edit:
I dont know how you're supposed to curve the arrows and its getting really frustrating lol.

Edit 2: this is just too cool btw

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
The way I'm doing it is very, very simple.

Shoot three straight up.
On the fourth arrow, hold back so the first three arrows curve.
Release the fourth arrow so the other three arrows are on the same Y axis as the fourth.
Loop the fourth arrow so that it comes straight down on your target.
The other three should follow suit.

You can also shoot all four straight up and curve the fourth one in a light bulb shape.

Also I'm able to consistently do this during regular matches as you may've seen in my latest video.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I get it now thanks to you undr. I never realized you were in essence knotting the three that went up.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
And just to note, this can be done very quickly when done right. Shooting four arrows after initiating strong knock-back against your opponent can but done consistently. Following this up with a QDJGlair to close the distance quickly and dangerously while not altering your arrow's flight pattern works very well against shorter ranged characters, even MK.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You might as well teach me this later. I neglected Arrow Rain somewhat that now i can barely use it.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
The way I'm doing it is very, very simple.

Shoot three straight up.
On the fourth arrow, hold back so the first three arrows curve.
Release the fourth arrow so the other three arrows are on the same Y axis as the fourth.
Loop the fourth arrow so that it comes straight down on your target.
The other three should follow suit.

You can also shoot all four straight up and curve the fourth one in a light bulb shape.

Also I'm able to consistently do this during regular matches as you may've seen in my latest video.
oh thats what i was doing wrong. Didnt hold back. I got it now. Thanks

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i just did this today lol, like a half hour ago, and thought it was so cool...cept i started wanting to loop two arrows, one up and one left/right and have them both hit the target, and it worked...so happy i'm glad to be getting into pit again

rinoH

Smash Lord
lol when i try to do this my arrows dont even come close to each other though i did get a 4 hit combo any tips for lining them up
*update got 6

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
hey undr or whoever can do this...my problem lies in curving arrow number 4. from what i understand, you shoot it the opposite way from your target cuz when you rotate the thumbstick, it puts you facing opposite the way you started, but whenever i turn and hold left(for example, my target is to my right, so i shoot left) to allow the 3 airborne arrows to become aligned with arrow 4, arrow 4 disappears. and i can do it fine if i can see it(i.e. on a pit arrow control training stage) but on fd, or even bridge of eldin i cannot seem to successfully, continuously loop the arrow by shooting offscreen. i thought it might have to shoot up-diagnol and then loop but that only works sometimes, and the video undr made for this didnt, so i know its possible normally...any help?

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
hey. Shoot four arrows straight up, wait like one second maybe, if anything, then go for "the knot. The follow that shape and the arrows should all come down. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178011 Looks for the "knot." Also, doing it this way when you are good enough you can input the knnot, and let go of the joystick. The 4 arrows will fall near you and you can shoot more as they are raining down. The way sage and undr are discussing is advanced, i would start with a classic "knot" found in the thread given.

rinoH

Smash Lord
for the last arrow just hold back and do a normal arrow loop except stop looping it when it is above the opponent

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
for the last arrow just hold back and do a normal arrow loop except stop looping it when it is above the opponent
Exactly. The idea is to have the fourth arrow and the first three arrows to be looping on the same track so to speak. In other words, by holding back before firing the fourth arrow, you are bringing to first three parallel with the one you're arrow looping.

Of course the knot or "light bulb" shape is doable, though I find it a little less accurate.

rinoH

Smash Lord
actually if your not that good at making you arrow go down straight like i do doing the light bulb shape is a lot more accurate

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i can get the whole thing if i shoot the 4th arrow forward, its just backward that throws me off...on a stage like fd for example. the only thing is that i'm not waiting long enough for the arrow to travel enough distance to land on the platform in front of me. but i can do it the other way, i.e. the way that my opponent is in from me. does that make more sense? sorry if i didn't make sense...and i can do the lightbulb too, but like undr, its easier for me to get them on the same axis, and i can do that on a training stage big enough for me to see them but when i fire offscreen, they dont come back!

Top Bottom