• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Around the World Karthik_kings Pokemon Tourney Youhave until the 15th to complete you

A_man13

Smash Master
It beat my team in an unsuspecting and unusual way that I wasn't expecting once. Then again, I was using my bad team.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Well, first off, this is pretty much a UU tourney with one OU Pokemon. I'd just grab a Metagross and ohko everything with Meteor Mash/EQ/Thunder Punch since nothing in UU survives it. Unless your OU is Zapdos, but then I would just switch to Chansey. Do you see the problem now?

EDIT: This idea is smart, just change the point system. For example, give us like 6,000 points and we have to make sure our team has a BST total up to or as close to 6,000 as we want. The points we don't use determine how "good" our teams are.

Maybe we could just have a 3-poke battle instead of a 6-poke battle. The remaining 3 slots can be Mudkips or something. This would pretty much remove SR too. Add a bonus rule that says that if a Pokemon on your team fails to ohko a Mudkip, you instantly lose even if you already defeated your opponent's 3 Pokemon (so don't end a game with Blissey!).

Wrath`

Smash Master
Normally I'd accept, but that would mean no participation. And I wouldn't say that just yet. We just need to terminate the point system. *sends out Deoxys-A*
Well at this rate......

I just think there are much better ways to make a "unique" tournament, like all fighting pokemon, or baby, or 1st gen only, the point system seem wierd.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Fine due to everyone just wanting a normal tourney .

POINT SYSTEM CANCELLED
WE WILL BE GOING WITH KOARINS IDEA AND WE WILL BE DOING GEN 1 THEN GEN2 THEN GEN 3 THEN GEN 4 ETC

A_man13

Smash Master
Why must we have unique tournaments? Oh wait, 1/2 my team is gen one pokes. Mild changes neaded only.

BTW, is latias allowed in this tourney on 3rd gen?

0RLY

This is just called "region battling" or "region tourney" if I recall correctly.

Basically, we get several players to represent each region of the game: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. Those players may only build a team using Pokemon from that region. I always rep Hoenn. These players then battle (I don't know how seeding and brackets work for this, I just let the tournament organizer handle things). One player is selected from each region to rep their side. Then these 4 players battle, and a winner is determined for whoever has the most wins. A tie just results in another battle. I don't think it's possible to get a 3-way tie. I'm not thinking straight right now. Just finished midterms... X_x

A_man13

Smash Master
If 0RLy's idea goes into effect, I can imagine a bunch of people vying for Johto and Hoenn. Johto has bliisey, skarmory, scizor, tyranitar, suicune, and fortress. Hoenn gets Salamence, Metagross, flygon, Jirachi, Swampert, Breloom, Latias, etc.

USrob

Smash Cadet
Now this tourney is actual online as diamond and pearl or just forum battling ?

USrob

Smash Cadet
When is the next tourney ?? Because I would like to jump in ..... Been playing pokemon since RED and BLUE versions came out . :) Gotta catch them all POKEMON!!!!

0RLY

I'll be in if we're just playing one game per match. Not best 2 outta 3. The point of revealing your opponent's team is a core part of the game's strategy. If we play 2 games, this allows us to use different teams or even make unnoticeable changes to our original team. I support double elimination though, if you guys had it in there. I didn't really double check.

So yeah, I'll join... or just be a sub. I don't really mind. I REP HOENN. We need 2 reps for each region. Or 3 reps from 3 regions. Start picking and teambuilding! =P

A_man13

Smash Master
If there is any gen I want it's likely 2nd gen. That way I get Kingdra, Celebi, Scizor, Tyranitar, Blissey, etc.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I dont care what region I get, I ussaly just build a powerhouse team. Thats my philosspy on pokemon, use what you like.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
1 karthik_king- Hoenn
2 A man13-Sinnoh
3 Niiro-Kanto
4 zrky-Sinnoh
5 Lord Bowser-Hoenn
6 Wrath Of Koarin-Kanto
7 PraKirJaq-Johto
8 USrob-Johto

Just so you know this was truly random

A_man13

Smash Master
Wow, if we are going to have individual reps for the regons in the final tournament, my match should be easy.

A_man13

Smash Master
I have no idea what those regions are for, but I would have liked Hoenn:(
I would've liked Jhoto, but since you are stuck with me and the Sinnoh regon and we are likely having regional champs in the final 4...

:chuckle:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
yes, suicune would be considered jhoto by my standards as well

my only good thing from sinnoh is dusky:(

A_man13

Smash Master
Lucario, scarftran, Hippowdon, Bronzong, empoleon, Porygon-z, Cresselia, Azelf. Call that nothing?

And I've already team built. Already won once.

Top Bottom