• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada - The Beast Is Unleashed

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Effects were a bit much, but other than that this video was pretty **** amazing. Easily one of the most epic melee videos around.

ReFLeX_RFX

Smash Cadet
The 1080p quality was downgraded a little bit by YouTube!
So today Im uploading it in Megaupload & Rapidshare

Robsta

Smash Ace
haven't been to europe, but ive met european people. Was pretty cool overall

honestly ill prolly never go though but who knows for sure. I plan on getting part time job soon and idk what i wanna do in life so im not really gonna travel much anymore either. I mostly wanna quit after apex now. I'll still go to things after it but I will have no drive anymore i just need the money (even though honestly, I don't use the money , I just save it every time and spend it on necessities like food, travel, college, etc).
Come back to Australia <3

Overall in regards to the video I would just like to say it was ****ing amazing and has given me new-found respect for Armada.

MasterTK

Smash Apprentice
Armada is an amazing player but this video is too long and ruined by using those stupid ready made after effect templates from videohive, which you can see everywhere.

Maybe someone can love them, but after seeing theme thousand of times in other videos, it's getting boring.
yeah, I want to see how you can make (for example)a light saber fight with an ready template?

this is my first & last answer to you

dude, you strucked me very hard, I have tears on my eyes, but don't think its because Im sad ;)
Lol, are you telling me that I'm lying? Also, that lightsaber thing is nothing special. I think you used this present/tutorial. http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/light_sabers/ It's very easy to do. >_>

The earth zoom thing is straight from Andrea Kramer's site too: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/earth_zoom/

Following and using those tutorial has nothing wrong thought, but don't act like you did them yourself. The bigger problem is those templates you used. I've been doing and selling after effect templates for years and I hate it when somebody use mine or other designer's templates without paying. I'm pretty sure you didn't bought all of those, right?

@ 20:22 you used NickolasM's robo-template whichs costs 12$ (http://videohive.net/item/roboboard/111692?WT.ac=category_item&WT.seg_1=category_item&WT.z_author=NickolasM)

@ 12:20 all those elements and animations are also from Videocopilot and the DVD costs 95$ (http://www.videocopilot.net/products/evolution/)

@ 0:20 From videohive again and cost 20$. (http://videohive.net/item/the-cloudscs4trailer/102873?WT.ac=category_item&WT.seg_1=category_item&WT.z_author=plamencvetanov)

And so on... almost every graphic element in that video is from videohive or videocopilot and that's why the look of that video is so inconsistent. Even those blood splatters are from action essential 2 DVD which costs almost 100$.

If you really bought all of those, that's good! But I doubt that. At least give some credits for those who made them. Peace.

ReFLeX_RFX

Smash Cadet
I even didn't know where u got this with the "lie" , you're making drama from nothing!

its absolute sure, that no one is even possbile to make everything free with his own in such a short time, when persons will try it will took about 1 year, thats why film editors have more then 20 designers.

you wrote now all the stuff.. and now?
I bought some stuff and some stuff I was just able to make it because of the tutorials. thats true! no one can start out of anything, with the earth zoom for example, taking the tut and making a one which fits to the movie ( i used original sweden google earth pics ).
you always have a start somewhere, and then edit this too from cinemalook till own clips/pictures (im not talking about replacing text or something).

same with the blood thing and others, to make every element and frame, will cost ~unbelieveable time~ so thats why templates are there, same with light sabers, but to put them into your own video to make it look good, thats the own performance.

Maybe its easy to do for you because you are like u said experienced.
but I call stuff "easy" when you just do something with windows movie maker with an black background and white text.

Im usually giving credits for all stufs even for things which are insignificant

but as u can see, my time is already limited, i actually have to upload the video, editing music timelines etc, (my pc is 24/7 on, so Im not there actually) and having my own projects. but first post and youtube description is edited now with the credit to video/copilot like it should be. and thats right, have to mention them, the problem was, that the last days were to stressful, anyways, done ~

good that you make templates and sell them =)
same here when not too often and not public.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Not bad. 28 minutes makes it feel like it insists upon itself a bit, though. I also don't understand why every clip was in one of those template windows and not a single one was full screen.

But you obviously worked hard on it, so well done.

ReFLeX_RFX

Smash Cadet
Not bad. 28 minutes makes it feel like it insists upon itself a bit, though. I also don't understand why every clip was in one of those template windows and not a single one was full screen.

But you obviously worked hard on it, so well done.
I thought its important, that the viewer see the most important informations for example (poound 5 , rematch hbox vs armada) while watching the fight :) so i tried to make the lower thirds small as possible but still looking good

chaddd

Smash Lord
I honestly think I'm gonna stop traveling most likely except to nearby stuff or super duper big stuff, until smash 4
No one even knows if that game will be any good. It could end up being Mario Party for Smash based on Sakurai's attitude toward the competitive scene. Just play more Melee and keep making money.

I thought its important, that the viewer see the most important informations for example (poound 5 , rematch hbox vs armada) while watching the fight :) so i tried to make the lower thirds small as possible but still looking good
It worked out well, but the occasional full screen clip with a text overlay might help create some diversity.

But it still looked good. Good job.

ReFLeX_RFX

Smash Cadet
No one even knows if that game will be any good. It could end up being Mario Party for Smash based on Sakurai's attitude toward the competitive scene. Just play more Melee and keep making money.

It worked out well, but the occasional full screen clip with a text overlay might help create some diversity.

But it still looked good. Good job.
Okay yeah I think I know what you mean =)

You mean having a full screen clip, and the lower thirds just overlay them in the bottom.

yea a mix will be cool, but this was my first melee movie so, nextime then maybe =)

and thanks

Samochan

Smash Master
Lol, are you telling me that I'm lying? Also, that lightsaber thing is nothing special. I think you used this present/tutorial. http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/light_sabers/ It's very easy to do. >_>

The earth zoom thing is straight from Andrea Kramer's site too: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/earth_zoom/

Following and using those tutorial has nothing wrong thought, but don't act like you did them yourself. The bigger problem is those templates you used. I've been doing and selling after effect templates for years and I hate it when somebody use mine or other designer's templates without paying. I'm pretty sure you didn't bought all of those, right?

@ 20:22 you used NickolasM's robo-template whichs costs 12$ (http://videohive.net/item/roboboard/111692?WT.ac=category_item&WT.seg_1=category_item&WT.z_author=NickolasM)

@ 12:20 all those elements and animations are also from Videocopilot and the DVD costs 95$ (http://www.videocopilot.net/products/evolution/)

@ 0:20 From videohive again and cost 20$. (http://videohive.net/item/the-cloudscs4trailer/102873?WT.ac=category_item&WT.seg_1=category_item&WT.z_author=plamencvetanov)

And so on... almost every graphic element in that video is from videohive or videocopilot and that's why the look of that video is so inconsistent. Even those blood splatters are from action essential 2 DVD which costs almost 100$.

If you really bought all of those, that's good! But I doubt that. At least give some credits for those who made them. Peace.
This needs to be brought up more. All the tubers are using glasses that seem to fog common sense when they praise effects he hardly made himself. I mean, anyone could see that. But ofc, he removed TK's comment from youtube and then removed the smashboard link, so that no one there would see further than their noses.

Following tutorials is all good, but not giving any credit for these people who he got the templates from and not buying their stuff he's using is nothing less than art theft. I should know, I'm schooling for the graphic industry myself as well. To make all these from scratch in 2 months time would take jesus himself basically. But slapping a couple templates he hardly bought for the making of this video (really, stuff worth 300$? yea right, just ware that stuff and no one cares, cept vdeohive if they find out), following a few tutorials... doesn't really make anyone god of video editing, no matter how much people are praising. And frankly, all that praise he's getting for using someone else's work sickens me.

And then he has the gall to say he gives credit to things which are insignificant... yet I see no credit given to these artists who's work is being used here for reflex's fame and glory. Not a single line of thought given for the sweat and pain these artists at videohive shed to make those effects he practially stole for his video. The nerve to say he has limited time when he went and did 28 minute video in 2 months time, that he has no time to give credit where credit is due. A small special thanks given to videohide and other sources on smashboards & tube when you got called out on it just does not cut it, I see what u did ther. Especially not when half of the video is comprised of such things gotten from videohive and other sources.

ReFLeX_RFX

Smash Cadet
small special thanks? thats standard, nothing small or something.
what you expect, making a threadname with "videocopilot presents"?
the point is, the credits are now in youtube & smashboards (silly, when you think I did it just because 2 people told me the effects are from action essentials or whatever)
as I told you before, i really bought that stuff to myself (im also doing many projects here in germany for personal uses)
and things like light sabers and earthzoom etc is just following tuts for after effects ~
there are more then alot projects in youtube which includes way more templates without any giving credits btw

you should pay attention what you write, because you even don't know me
stole? how do you think, i didn't pay for the plates? i did an half year study too @ games academy so.
are you think, im a nerd who is 24/7 behind the pc and spending the 2months to make this done?
i have already so many other things to do, and when im saying im time limited, then it is the true

I already answered master TK and don't want to repeat the other parts.

I used alot of templates, but this was all allowed and changed in a way which fits in the movie, and this takes enough time too ~
iam not making money or something else with this project.

and what are you talking about fame and glory? we are not in hollywood here, thats just a smash scene and I sumed up all the good effects, add my own things and produced this, nothing more.

ReFLeX_RFX

Smash Cadet
to be honest, i answered TK already and to you, and I have really no time more to waste for the same things again, credits which are needed is there, and already told that I used the effects even bought , and some from tuts, don't want to justify myself because I wrote everything and be more careful about a person you don't know anything about .
and please you both should do an combo video by yourself, im looking forward to your editing skills , really! because youre good at talking :)

ReFLeX_RFX

Smash Cadet
Because of explaining, that when you have alot other things going around and didn't mention the credits in the first day!, some people are like going crazy and maybe near to die! all because of misunderstandings, so sometimes you have to justify yourself

nvm, these credits are already done (in the 2nd day) too so, I really don't want to talk about anymore.

by the way, in our games academy, all our PC's have after effects with all the videohive essentials ~ but we all practice with these at home too, telling me i didn't bought this, is just ridiculous but I guess this shows, that he didn't buy that at all . but like I said, don't have to say more really, this pissed me off.

ReFLeX_RFX

Smash Cadet
I guess have to alert everyone, who is using templates in the future ( btw so many others did, some only in intro, some elsewhere, and didn't mention credits at all but doesnt matter there) that they all stole the art by not giving credits and, should thought 2 times before spending time to work with them.
by the way, there is no term, that once you purchased the stuff, you have to mention it in the credits when u used it.
yea people are buying these stuffs to make just non-public projects :)

leffen

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna say that your answers Reflex are really horrible tbh lol, you seem horribly insecure of your video and no, "haters gonna hate" isnt a good argument when you are producing a movie, it's just a bad excuse.

kevo

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, this was a sweet video I don't think this thread needs to turn into a persecution about using templates and Mew2King trashing American smash.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
To be quite honest I respect Europe and Japan a lot more than America as a whole. Australia too. The people are way nicer in my experience. I have not yet met a rude smasher from any of those places (have not been to europe but I met european people). And I don't want to play for america either, since last time I did that and put on a USA tag they rooted against me the rest of the set, then they ban me from mlg, ban me in Unity, ban tactics I use and/or invent (planking and then scrooging), ban my character, and always root against me at tournaments. Screw them. The vid was pretty good I watched it twice and enjoyed it a lot. I'm glad he won genesis2
This comentary wins the thread.

Also, i lvoed the video, it had some unneceary stuff, but it was overall amazing

Zoler

Smash Ace
Opinions vs opinions, most people seem to like the movie so let's keep it like that. Don't enjoy it don't watch it.

I agree he should've credited the artists though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol M2K

You mad, bro?

Also, Reflex-

King Funk isn't American, and he was your main critic. And a lot of people seem to love your video, so good job! Guess the effects just aren't my thing.

ReFLeX_RFX

Smash Cadet
@Battlecow its everything fine now, the critics, weren't in my eyes real critic.. to be honest.

I did the video like I felt it is the best way to do it, and like always, you can't make something perfect. And I'm tired of talking about this over and over again, so lets close this discussion =)

armada liked it at most, so thats the most important thing ~

who was the guy who made the poster for the 2013 project? can you do a real professional one? this will be awesome :)

leffen

Smash Champion
Opinions vs opinions, most people seem to like the movie so let's keep it like that. Don't enjoy it don't watch it
Most people in germany supported the holocaust, let's keep it like that. Free speech is a pretty big deal and saying that only those with one certain opinion should be able to speak is hilarious.

and the point is, ppl watched it and they are giving CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM, which would (if Reflex wasnt so blatantly in denial, "real critic" LMFAO) be way more helpful in the long run. Saying that we shouldnt watch it is implying everyone said that it wasnt worth their time/that they didnt enjoy it (which NOONE did).
Many people like me, enjoyed it, but still have points of concern.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I implied that I didn't enjoy it and that it wasn't worth my time.

But I'm clearly in the minority.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Please. What kind of conclusion to complaints is haters gonna hate? People are just giving out their own opinions.

And IN my humble opinion, way too much fluff.

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
I'm in the same boat as Battlecow.

Although the Mango/America part was pretty well done.

I respect the amount of time and work put into it, because I sure as hell wouldn't be able to re-do something like that, but it pains me to say that I found it boring. I'm a cynic like King Funk, and found it pretty cheesy as well.

You are an incredible video editor/designer however. Pursue that.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I liked the "fluff" parts of it. It may seem pointless to some, and does retract from the re-watch value, but it adds SO MUCH HYPE when watching it the first time through.
This is easily the greatest smash-oriented video I've ever seen. Maybe, no... probably... the greatest video I've ever seen, and CERTAINLY the greatest editing I've ever seen. Unless you count actual multi-million dollar movies and such.
Seriously, though, I saw the intro and instantly favorited.

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
Man this video is just amazing, the effects, the combos, the production (Best i ever seen) , the form that you narrate Armada history, just amazing. Do not take importance to the critics your video is great :D

Top Bottom