• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada is way too good (european shiek)

Staco

Smash Champion
Armada makes Shiek looking so good. Shiek for High Tier. :D
European Brawl and Melee Player.
Won Brawl and Melee Singles at a big tourney this weekend. (Smack - mostly Melee, but some european Brawlers attended)

Money Match: Armada (Shiek) vs. Kunai (Tink)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXTth-YDM9c

2nd Match 2nd Stock, ****! :o

Grand Finals: Armada (Shiek) vs. reaper (ROB, MK, Snake)

Match 1 vs. ROB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6_0AOy2iw&feature=channel_page

Match 2 vs. MK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn9_pBEigGU&feature=channel_page

Match 3 vs. Snake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwCSuejkYp4&feature=channel_page

Match 4/5 vs. Snake/MK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKhoQykhnR8&feature=channel_page

Match 6 vs. MK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VROmDsbN6mQ&feature=channel_page

Tristan_win

Not dead.
^-^ If you think that alone make sheik look high tier then just wait until he starts dacus more, use the chain, and start doing decay ftilt into usmash.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Wow... that Sheik looks a lot like mine. o.o

ps Tristin... your old avy was WAAAAAAAAAAY cooler. You to Choknator. Just my opinion.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
lol, sieger?

Hate to be a downer :(
But I don't know about "high teir" a really good sheik can win tourneys though that I'll agree to, lol or I wouldn't be maining her.
Armada has a solid sheik, he keeps up presure really well and capitalizes well on mistakes, but on that same note a lot of crazy choices (fsmash, usmash OoS, dash attack spamming) and a lot of opponents who don't take advantage of their priority and range and the aforementioned easily punishable choices.

saviorslegacy

In other words there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

If a Sheik done as you said heart and was able to do all AT's correctly. Then she would win almost every match up. However... Sheik is hard and it takes A LOT OF PRACTICE to do the above.

BTW... I like her place on the tier spot. People will under estimate her and more than likely they will not know how to deal with her. Thus giving you an edge. (CF mains are also using this to thier advantage.)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
it doesn't take much practice to not make poor choices. Yes there is always room for improvement, but yeah fsmashing shields is a horrible idea and it doesn't take much effort to get past habitual things like that.

MK, a really good one kills sheik so bad due to lack of range and more importantly priority there is literally nothing you can do to get in on a meta or prevent him from coming in on you, chain included as far as I'm currently concerned.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I've never have meta knight problems, yes he's a ***** to fight but not so much as some other characters like luigi. You guys just need to learn how to chain camp better and do it more often if meta knight giving you trouble. Now a days I don't fear meta knight at all I fear kirby, luigis, ice climbers, and good marths. Everyone else is just auto win or very winnable.

Also about ice climbers we got Zelda, if someone whips out Ice climbers you have to run to Zelda as sheik vs them is just too harsh.

And I agree with you saviorslegacy. I just changed it because someone call me the new Master Roshi which made me chuckle so I snag a picture. It looks better on allisbrawl... http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Tristan_win.ai

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I need to see some chain camping done right won't meta's nair and shuttle tear through that after he is knocked out of an aerial approach.

I know marth does a fine job of fairing between my chain hits. infact I've been double faired countless times experimenting with the chain.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I need to see some chain camping done right won't meta's nair and shuttle tear through that after he is knocked out of an aerial approach.

I know marth does a fine job of fairing between my chain hits. infact I've been double faired countless times experimenting with the chain.
You can't start the chain camp right away like any attack you need to have some damage on them to make it work well enough. I personally don't think you are 100% guaranteed safe camp guard until meta is around 50% but even so I use the chain before then on them because they have to be like falling on top of you doing dairs as fast as they can to stop it before then. After 60 or so % one hit and you can push them off of you with the next volley of hits.

Oh and the chain doesn't work very well on marth because of his up B. I don't attempt to use it much on him nor do I fight a lot of marths to begin with.

saviorslegacy

it doesn't take much practice to not make poor choices. Yes there is always room for improvement, but yeah fsmashing shields is a horrible idea and it doesn't take much effort to get past habitual things like that.

MK, a really good one kills sheik so bad due to lack of range and more importantly priority there is literally nothing you can do to get in on a meta or prevent him from coming in on you, chain included as far as I'm currently concerned.
#1 Well... this is true. There is no reason for you to FSmash on a shield.
I do however make poor choices like attack a shield with f-tilt.

I hate MK. Well... at least I always have good ole Falco to fall on. lol My mains of Sheik, Marth and Falco (yay Melee tiers!) pretty much take care of any match up (cept maybe IC).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao whatever u say

i mean i'll experiment it every now and then but there are muc hbetter ways to rack up quick damage and shield pressure

saviorslegacy

I am in agreement. The chain is good and all, but I always get punished for pulling it out. T-T I guess Ankoku can use it, but not me.

iLight

Smash Lord
i don't like using the chain, but thats just me =]

and also forward smashing the shield works if they're sitting on the ledge because the first hit knocks them off and then the second kills <3

i <3 armadas's sheik and i'm totally going to steal some of his strategies, though if you watch especially in that TL video the TL doesn't know how to DI away from sheiks hits and gets punished for it alot

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i know what u mean against the TL light. u play santi a lot right? TL easily can DI from the ftilt combos or locks

haha, ironically... i also have a lot of experience against toon link... against a norcal toonlink player named... LIGHT

ahahah

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's pretty obvious, in my opinion, that Armada just outplayed all his opponents in every respect. He was one step ahead of them at almost every point in time, and thus could punish as needed.

I enjoyed his edgework a lot though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha it's kinda weird how you said "Armada was better than his opponents" with sort of a negative connotation.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, it's not a bad thing, Armada is amazing. I was just implying that you shouldn't expect similar results with Sheik unless you are capable of outplaying everyone like he did XD

saviorslegacy

Psh, I need to get some videos up of my off line sheik. Then you will all start using the chain again.
I can help with that.

BTW... I might have to delay the combo vid due to my CPU is getting fixed (doubt it will take a month though... but you know Microsoft). I can still use a Wii though. As far as any other CPU's. I can use my parents (pukes). (They have dial up... while I used the neighbor's wi-fi.) So yeah... I can upload a few vids of Tristin (if you don't have a capture card).... but I am not going to use thier CPU for WMM and getting vids through e-mail.
I'll let y'all know if things change.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I can help with that.

BTW... I might have to delay the combo vid due to my CPU is getting fixed (doubt it will take a month though... but you know Microsoft). I can still use a Wii though. As far as any other CPU's. I can use my parents (pukes). (They have dial up... while I used the neighbor's wi-fi.) So yeah... I can upload a few vids of Tristin (if you don't have a capture card).... but I am not going to use thier CPU for WMM and getting vids through e-mail.
I'll let y'all know if things change.
... Yeah don't be getting your hopes up for some offline action from me any time soon. The closest smash scene to me is like 1 hour and 15 minutes away by car, ~john~ Anything you will get from me will most likely be wifi which pales in comparison to my offline self I'm quickly discovering...

Chain is GOD offline, while online it's more about predicting...as is dacus.

saviorslegacy

... Yeah don't be getting your hopes up for some offline action from me any time soon. The closest smash scene to me is like 1 hour and 15 minutes away by car, ~john~ Anything you will get from me will most likely be wifi which pales in comparison to my offline self I'm quickly discovering...

Chain is GOD offline, while online it's more about predicting...as is dacus.
Either way... I can get a few matches of you tighting me, or if you want me to you can send me replays.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Either way... I can get a few matches of you tighting me, or if you want me to you can send me replays.
._. I don't remember fighting you recently... I'll get some from allisbrawl chat room. I've recently gotten better but if you do have to good material I don't see much of a problem with uploading them just as long as you run them by me first

saviorslegacy

._. I don't remember fighting you recently... I'll get some from allisbrawl chat room. I've recently gotten better but if you do have to good material I don't see much of a problem with uploading them just as long as you run them by me first
-_- nooo... I meant exchanging codes and having a Brawl. Right now I have nothing... but if I know Sheik it is not that hard to get an impressive replay.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
It's amazing what you can do with f-air, b-air and f-tilt alone.

In the first video he keeps doing this weird extended dash type thing, usually forwards then turns and goes the other way. I can't seem to figure out how he does that. The man is ridiculously fast though. Iirc he is NEVER in the same spot for more than a second.

saviorslegacy

Oh... Do you use anyone other then sheik? I don't enjoy sheik dittos online.
Yes, and I wasn't planning on a Sheik ditto. I hate those. -_-

Hey... I have some free time right now. I can hook up the capture card to my bro's CPU (none internet) and capture some Brawls. You up for it?
fc= 3308 4258 0111 RUNE
(ps... lets move to posting on each others profile so we don't have this info that means nothing to everyone else.) aka spam

Staco

Smash Champion
I didnt tell this before:
Armada is playing Brawl at tourneys only and he doesnt play it very often. (there isnt a tourney every week in his country; maybe one very month, I dont know)

And he won Brawl and Melee Singles, because his Melee skills are amazing, too.

This shows, that Brawl is more about cleverness than about reactions and you can use your smash skills from games before to use them for Brawl.

Armada simply punishes everything his enemys do and he reads them way too good.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I really enjoyed watching Armada's Sheik. I definitely think I'm going to borrow a few of his tricks and mindgames I noticed.

I want to see offline God Chain Tristan!

Top Bottom