• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada Interview 8-14-09

Y

YungGun

Haha great answer to the zombie question

Pound 4 will b amazing

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Way to try and turn the interview into something about Brawl. Should have asked questions about the Melee metagame and what characters he thinks are viable in tournament, but instead you asked about Brawl. Kind of a waste of questions right there.

No offense to Armada or anything, but he's a famous Melee player, not a famous Brawl player.
I know what you're saying, I was just about to rant about it until I saw your post. So I quoted it.

There is a conspiracy here, one of the higher powers here at smashboards is trying to slowly kill off melee...

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Way to try and turn the interview into something about Brawl. Should have asked questions about the Melee metagame and what characters he thinks are viable in tournament, but instead you asked about Brawl. Kind of a waste of questions right there.

No offense to Armada or anything, but he's a famous Melee player, not a famous Brawl player.
hence he answered a wack *** question with a wack *** response

also armada said the same exact thing skler told me!!

master one character!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Armada: Stick to one character and practice until you really master that character. It's better to be good with one character than not-so-good with several. Try to play against different people, and against all characters so you learn how to play in a certain matchup.

Epic advice! Awesome interview!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
How does Armada contact anyone? Does he have any accounts anywhere?

Also, I'm disappointed in not many Melee questions, but this is better than nothing. I want to see Armada face some of the other tops players (Chu, JMAN, Zhu, etc) at Pound 4.

strawhats

Smash Master
Thats not even going to be grandfinals ...

its going to be M2k vs Darc
M2k vs. armada....( beat mango adam)/ m2k vs. mango if adam does not win. I actually wanna see m2k vs. mango b/c. m2k deserves some redemption after the 4-5 tourneys where he's suffered defeat to mango. I hope Amsah goes too.

P.S. for anyone who does not know. Armada's name is adam.

AR: action replay
Mada: adam spelled backwards

Slhoka

Smash Lord
AR: action replay
Mada: adam spelled backwards
I actually discussed that point with him and Aniolas in San Francisco, and they told that's the wrong explanation. The Mada/Adam part is true, though, but Ar doesn't stand for Action Replay. They just needed a name and though Armada sounded cool.

Also, the interview was nice, but it needed some Melee questions =/

As for Pound 4, more Swedes are likely to come.
Amsah is likely to attend the tournament too, but I don't know about the other Dutch players (Zgetto, Adam, Faab, Remen for instance).
Makenshi (from France) may be there too, as well as Qlex (the sexy Ganon from the internation Genesis crew). I don't know yet about the other French, but many are interested.
The Spanish top players (Dahean, Over, K-12) will try to come too, imo.

Shino

Smash Apprentice
I actually discussed that point with him and Aniolas in San Francisco, and they told that's the wrong explanation. The Mada/Adam part is true, though, but Ar doesn't stand for Action Replay. They just needed a name and though Armada sounded cool.
Really? I thought that the correct definition is Anal **** :ohwell:

Nice interview btw!

PB&J

Smash Hero
bring armsah with u to pound 4

anyway..i know people want to see mango vs armada again but what if he plays some one like darkrain i want to see him against a really good falcon because they both have cool looking combos on each other and it will be epic..armada for president

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I know he's got an All is Brawl account; I'm not sure about smashboards account though. Plus with all the people he knows in Europe, I'm sure he knows about loads of huge tournaments here in North America... >_>

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
kanker dom amerikaan

Also, I'm disappointed in not many Melee questions, but this is better than nothing. I want to see Armada face some of the other tops players (Chu, JMAN, Zhu, etc) at Pound 4.
he has MSN, i talk to him all the time ;D

He uses his countries forum a lot, and they have info on american tourneys.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
bring armsah with u to pound 4

anyway..i know people want to see mango vs armada again but what if he plays some one like darkrain i want to see him against a really good falcon because they both have cool looking combos on each other and it will be epic..armada for president
Don't think it would be that epic, sounds more like you overrating Darkrain.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman

mos def agree.....but hey that is them trying to make brawl bigger.....

and armada if you see this gl against mango at pound 4

hopefully i get to see you their

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
I don't know b/c even tho peach does have good combos on cf if your playing a good cf knees are harsh

i would actually say that could be armadas downfall

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Armada: a fleet of Spanish ships that attack.

Which is a pretty solid name for him considering what his peach does to you. It goes in, destroys you, CAN'T BE KILLED, and then when you finally think "Oh hey I'm alive" he hits you with an impossibly thrown turnip off the stage >.<

Good stuff haha.

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
but i guess that that would be futile since i feel that the game is constantly changing in melee. not so much in brawl

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Something that surprised me about Armada is that he never seemed to be fazed very much by losing the first match. As I recall, he solidly lost to WhatisFear (although there was lag), Lucky, Shiz, M2K first round and still convincingly beat them all in the end. I mean, I personally equate losing the first match to losing the set. Knowing you're up against a potential ridiculous counterpick is quite mentally strenuous to say the least.

But confidence is key I suppose. I guess there's a reason why he beat Mango on his first try and I'm maybe zero and twenty in sets.

But I'm glad he remembers me.

=)
Regarding your sig:

Yo God, I know you creatin' the world and all, and I'mma let you finish, but Sega had one of the best Genesis of ALL time. OF ALL TIME.

D1

Banned via Administration
I thoroughly enjoyed that interview, gotta love the young prodigies like Hax, Jman, Mango, Armada, etc. Even if he's widely recognized for his Melee accomplishments in the States, he still respectfully responded to the Brawl-related inquiries like a mature individual...get at the kid.

SSBA

Smash Rookie
agree with wingz, amaricans speak amaricano cause we are better, we dont speak european because they arent better, get with it.

Composeur

Smash Ace
To anyone here who talks to Armada: what does he say about his matches vs. mango, and about how he feels about being able to beat mango's puff? Has he been strategizing craftily in preparation for lb4? And is he worried the matchup with m2k will be tougher this time around?

edit: asked about m2k

Top Bottom