• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

BigglesWorth

Smash Apprentice
We are doing a tournament in Springdale on the 8th of February. The link is below. If you don't have facebook and need arrangements just message me. We will register people in person. It is preferred to have a better idea of whose coming so if you can deal with our facebook or twitter page, please do.
http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-7-2014-the-2nd-melee-waylay-springdale-ar.346304/

Edit: Wrong Link. Changed Date.

Last edited:

Nail.exe

Smash Cadet
Copied, posted, and formatted a few things from the facebook page to make the writeup for Melee Waylay 2 look hype.

For the curious, Prizes include TWO!!! Smash themed paintings done by a local artist (the last one was of headband Jigglypuff, and it looked AMAZING) and THREE!!! white Gamecube controllers! Link above, all aboard the hype train.

BigglesWorth

Smash Apprentice
Copied, posted, and formatted a few things from the facebook page to make the writeup for Melee Waylay 2 look hype.

For the curious, Prizes include TWO!!! Smash themed paintings done by a local artist (the last one was of headband Jigglypuff, and it looked AMAZING) and THREE!!! white Gamecube controllers! Link above, all aboard the hype train.
Thanks Nail_dot_exe. If the weather clears up, then it seems a much higher amount of caliber for this next turnout. I hope you bring folks on your end. It would be nice to have more of Arkansas together for a few hours.

Hahaae

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hahaae
Arkansas has a Smash scene that isn't pretty much dead, huh? Good to hear. Seems Stephen is pretty popular, which is to be expected I guess (*cough*I'm still better than him at GH though*cough*). I daresay that Simeon, Gabe, Joel and I will catch up to you within a year or so; we've been playing pretty much every day for a while now.

Last edited:

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman

soulster

Smash Rookie
I really wanna play some matches against memk cuz the only time I've seen his fox was in brawl and melee fox was garbage from the vid. It was probably old so I'll cut some slack. Since I've gotten better I wanna see how I stand against him now.

Nail.exe

Smash Cadet
Oh BTW guys there's a tournament this Saturday at Juanita's in Little Rock. I'd have done a writeup for it already but details have yet to be delivered. Unless smashboards is the only place where this information has been posted and I simply made the error of making a post here before checking.

What I know:

-This **** starts at Noon
-There will be mother****ing Melee and mother****ing Project M and also somehow Brawl
-The venue fee is $10
-There will also be live music.
-If you're thinking about travelling to go to this tournament... you may want to ask around on the FB page to see if tickets are still available (the venue fee comes in the form of purchasing a ticket to the live music)

https://www.facebook.com/events/228896380630564/

Soulster and Davante, this would be a great time to come and see what the smash community is all about!

FYI, On April 5th we're going to have a P:M Meetup / Crew Battle / Tournament in Conway. FYI.

Last edited:

soulster

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely going this tournament is a perfect opportunity without a doubt I'm probably gonna get bodied but its more for experience

Last edited:

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
Wow, I guess I'm going to get back into melee, and I guess I live in Fayetteville till I'm done with my masters. And I guess I'll need someone to practice with next year so I don't get rusty like arbusto huehuehuehue. And being worse than vts is worse than humiliating. No offense meant veets.

Edit: I go by TheDormouse now as a handle, TheD as a tag.

Last edited:

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Sounds awesome. The No More Free Jumps made me lawl. Air Dodge is best third jump. XD

edit: maid to made. XD laughing too hard.
haha thanks, had that made back in the day when I was a subscriber.

Also, does anyone know anything about this project m and melee trouney I've been hearing about in springdale this weekend?

BigglesWorth

Smash Apprentice
haha thanks, had that made back in the day when I was a subscriber.

Also, does anyone know anything about this project m and melee trouney I've been hearing about in springdale this weekend?
Galaxy Games on Sunset by the USA Plaza: https://www.facebook.com/GalaxyGamesNWA

It's where we will also be doing the next Melee Waylay on the 31st.

Weaver

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys. Ty Weaver here. I'm from the Fayetteville area and have much interest in getting into the Smash community and meeting up for friendlies. I'm a PM player and will be attending Melee Waylay on May 31st. Hope to meet and smash with some of you soon!

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Hey, guys. Ty Weaver here. I'm from the Fayetteville area and have much interest in getting into the Smash community and meeting up for friendlies. I'm a PM player and will be attending Melee Waylay on May 31st. Hope to meet and smash with some of you soon!
Welcome to smashboards mate! Will you be attending the tournament tomorrow? Some little rock guys will be there?

Top Bottom