• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

FIELDIN

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bobby
3DS FC
5112-4224-3766
Hello, I'm a newcomer to competitive Smash. Are most people here strictly Melee? I actually only play Sm4sh competitively; I've played the other games, but I just don't seem to like them that much for whatever reason. Is that weird?

Nail.exe

Smash Cadet
Just to let peeps know- the next Fort Smash is going to be on Jan 10th, and the next Moustache Kash Smash will be on Jan 25th. Merry Stitchmas y'all.

Last edited:

Nail.exe

Smash Cadet
@ FIELDIN FIELDIN

You're not weird- you're just part of a new and growing trend of Sm4sh players. Nothing's wrong with liking one thing and not liking another. Our player base is split solidly between Melee and PM with lots of overlap, but people seem to like the Sm4sh tournaments being hosted by Fort Smash, so who knows what's going to happen. Personally I won't be running Smash 4 at my tournaments any time soon, but nothing's impossible.

DegynSefer

Smash Rookie
NNID
DegynSefer
sup everyone i will be attending the fort smash tournament and might be able to get some out of state player to attend if some of you are not watching the Facebook post of the tournament, probably will have a couple of PM attendees but mostly Smash 4 players.

How many of you are Smash 4 players? want to get an estimation to convince them all the more to come

Elk

Smash Rookie
NNID
nemcampbell
The last Fort Smash had 18 entrants for Smash 4.

edit: As far as smashboards goes, I don't think many people in this thread play Smash 4 much. Might be generalizing but this seems more like a PM/Melee place. Lots of new players are coming out for 4 though, it was by far our most popular event. Hope you make it out! :)

Last edited:

FMSabrewolf

Smash Rookie
Any smash tournaments going on in the Jonesboro area? I know "Wolf Life" at ASU has hosted some in the past that I've been to. Has there been any more plans for another tournament there or have I already missed it?

kuoru

Smash Rookie
I am wanting to know how the amiibo hunting is going on in little rock. My town does not have much the only i have that has them is a walmart. they have 1 mario, 1 pikachu, about 3 links, 3 zeldas, 3 yoshis and about 8 kirbys.

however i did get a bowser at toyrus a while ago

Last edited:

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I don't collect amiibos, and I'm not sure who does and who doesn't collect amiibos here, but I know that the Conway BestBuy had Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Link, and Donkey Kong.

Aygent

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ayygent
3DS FC
4570-7961-7152
If anyone is wondering about smash events in the central Arkansas area, there are a few notable events going on between Conway and Hot Springs. MKS6 is going down at Mizewell games in Conway Sunday the 8th (AKA this coming Sunday) and will be hosting melee / project M tournaments. The 15th of this month, Spa City Smash League will be hosting a double elimination smash Wii-U tourney at game planet in Hot Springs. Lets keep the hype train rollin'.

h

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord

Reminder!

We're also having an amiibo raffle. Entering the tourney automatically gets you an entry, and you can buy two additional entries for $1 (any money from the raffle goes directly into the prize pool).

Aygent

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ayygent
3DS FC
4570-7961-7152
Are there any events going on April 11th? Would like to know. Don't want to book a conflicting event.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
https://www.facebook.com/events/383094521875167/383098265208126/

Here it FINALLY is. An Easter Eve Smash Bash! Prepare yourselves. Oh yeah, did I mention that there will be FREE PIZZA?

This tournament invites all Melee and Sm4sh Smashers of Arkansas to bring their best, meet new friends, and hone their skills - all in a private cabin that we have for the entire day and night.

If there are any questions, comments, or concerns, please post on the wall, or if it's a more detailed question don't hesitate to inbox me. I strive to cater to the players

If we break 100 unique players throughout the entire event, there will be a $50 prize bonus to Melee and a $50 prize bonus to Sm4sh Singles.

Join us for a full day of Smash! We are determined to break records here and be the biggest event Arkansas has had in years.

Entry Fees:
Spectating Only? FREE

Venue Fee (Player Fee) - $5.00
$5 to enter Melee Singles
$5 to enter Smash 4 Singles
$10 for a team to enter Smash 4 doubles

Schedule
Registration/Warmups/Friendlies – 11:00am - 1:00pm
Melee Singles - 1:00pm
Smash 4 Doubles - 4:00pm
Smash 4 Singles - 6:00pm

(Times are estimated... tournaments will take as long as they have to. Melee Singles WILL start at 1:00 pm, no exceptions. Tournaments will not start earlier than the estimated time. If you are JUST coming for Smash 4 events, you really must arrive BEFORE 4:00pm/6:00pm to register, even if they are starting later.)

Prize Payouts:
Melee Singles pot bonus starts at $30
Sm4sh Singles pot bonus starts at $30

Doubles Pot split - 60 / 30 / 10
Singles Pot split - 55 / 25 / 10 / 5

amiibo raffle $1 for extra ticket, all goes into the pot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sm4sh Singles Rules
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* All matches will be 3 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
* All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the Semis, Finals, and Grand Finals which are best out of 5.
* Items are OFF.
*Equipment is OFF, no exceptions.
*Custom moves are OFF except for Palutena.
*Miis Fighters are allowed if approved and uploaded before the tournament begins.
* If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
* Players are expected to bring their own controller. Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use. Any official controller is allowed except for the Wii U GamePad. You can use a GameCube controller, Wiimote + Nunchuk or Classic Controller, Wii U Pro Controller, or your 3DS.

STAGE SELECTION:
Round 1 - Players may agree to start on a random Omega stage, or choose a random Starter if one does not agree to do so.
Rounds 2/3 – winner of previous round strikes one stage (FD/Omega ban counts as one), loser picks from any other Starters or Counterpicks.

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Town & City
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
all Omega forms
Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza
Kongo Jungle 64
Halberd
Skyloft

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sm4sh Doubles Rules
-All matches out of 3 stock, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
-All matches will be best out of 3 matches, except the final round which is best of 5, time limit 8 minutes.

Starters:
Final Dest
BF
Smashville
Town and City

Counterpicks:
all Omegas
Kongo Jungle 64
Big Battlefield
Duck Hunt
Lylat Cruise
Halberd

Melee Singles Rules
-All matches out of 4 stock, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
-All matches will be best out of 3 matches, except the final round which is best of 5, time limit 8 minutes.

Starters:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land (N64)

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium

Last edited:

Brian Jones

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know anything about any tournaments around NWA, specifically Fayetteville? I'm looking to start trying out competitive play with either Smash 4, Melee or maybe both.

Last edited:

rbman

Smash Rookie
New to smashboards, but not smash bros. put my info in the google doc posted earlier. Looking to meet other players

RagtagNinjaboy

Smash Rookie
Are there any events going on April 11th? Would like to know. Don't want to book a conflicting event.
There is one in rogers called the TAS Tournament. You should be able to find stuff on it if you are part of Arkansas Smash Society. And this is a hella late reply haha

Last edited:

Chasterbeef

Smash Rookie
Hey Sm4shers, I'm planning on hosting a smash event within the next few months in either Jacksonville or North Little Rock Arkansas to host for Project M and Sm4sh, after I get the event up and running I should be able to get the supplies to run brawl and melee as well. Tourneys will be active. Anybody in the area interested let me know I'll be happy to have you

sadejester

Smash Rookie
Cabot resident here! I used to play Melee, now into Smash 4. Are there any weeklies going on in the Cabot/Jville/NLR area?

rollersdamnrights

Smash Rookie
Looking for smashers in the fayetteville area. Mostly playing ssb4 but open to all versions. Just started a group called Fayetteville Smash League. Looking for experienced players. Wanting to set up tourneys and for fun games. Have the ability to set up at a sports bar accross from baum stadium called Foghorns, they have plenty of tvs we can hook up to. Wanting to play some 8 player games so lets see how many people we can get to join this group. Very curious to see how many smashers we have in the Fayetteville and surrounding cities area. We play for the heart of the game.... and sometimes cash. Please respond if interested and or join my group. Must be 18 yrs or older.http://smashboards.com/social-forums/fayetteville-area-smash-league-arkansas.1801/

Cu29

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3136-7062-9722
I'm new to the scene in AR. Gonna be at the meetup in Fayetteville this Saturday (probably)

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Just letting you guys in the loop about King of the Springs 2015 coming up this October; the event page is already on Facebook, and will soon be on Smashboards and Reddit as well.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1680647808829550/

Location – Hot Springs, AR, DeSoto Ballroom of The Austin Convention Hotel & Spa
Saturday, October 24th, 2015

This event features Singles Double Elimination tournaments for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Project M.

We invite you to the beautiful city of Hot Springs National Park for an entire day of Smash this fall. Enjoy the wonderful weather our city has to offer in October, with glorious scenic views of nature, historic downtown Hot Springs, delicious restaurants, and a healthy gaming scene ready to put their money where their mouths are.

The event will be hosted at the Austin Hotel, located right in the heart of the city next to the Convention Center. The hotel has approved a special discounted rate should you stay under the name "Spa City Smash League." The event will be advertised as much as possible; newspaper, magazines, radio, Internet. Your word of mouth is the most important thing, however. We desire to help the Arkansas Smash scene grow to heights it has never seen before. Together, we will succeed.

The hotel has great Internet, so expect high quality streaming and commentary. Streaming will be provided by Next Level Streaming. Check out their social media pages on Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, and Twitter.

It is located at 305 Malvern Ave., Hot Springs, AR, 71901.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bonus prize pot is currently at $300, and we expect it to increase.^^^
The final bonus pot will be split evenly among all three games.

Here is the tentative schedule for the event:
Doors Open – 9:00am
PM – 12pm
Melee – 3pm
Dinner Break – 6pm
Smash 4 - 7pm

Pricing:
Venue fee - $15 (allows you to enter all events; $5 off if you bring any FULL setup or setups).
PM - $15
Melee - $15
Sm4sh - $15

Pre-registration:
Will be opening soon, and we will announce incentives for bringing setups.

More complete details and advertisement are coming very soon. If you have any questions, commentary, or feedback do not hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

jaddasroots

Smash Rookie
NNID
jaddasbranch
AJ
Little Rock (I'm in Conway at UCA during college tho)
Dark Pit and Dedede main.

NoClipZann

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zannman12
I'm in jonesboro and i wasnt able to make it to the art pop thing... it was one of the only tournaments ive seen in my area for smash 4, im just a tad bit depressed.

Top Bottom