• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey guys, just as a heads up, we've confirmed the date for Smashcon's Summer convention. It's going to be on June 29th and 30th. We are still working out the kinks in our plans and coming up with an official schedule (seeing as we just had a meeting about it tonight).

What we are looking at is to have Smash on Saturday along with a fighter or two (and Project M if I remember correctly), then Sunday will be more fighters and card tournaments, I also remember hearing table top gaming, but there were so many of us talking at once, I don't remember hearing if that was going to happen.

Concerning Smash, if we get a big enough turnout (planning on it), we will have doubles and pools Saturday and the have the bracket Sunday.

Hope to see you guys there, and I'll keep you guys posted as new details are confirmed.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
I have some bad news guys. Just found out that the ac has gone out at Game Zone Alpha and it's ridiculously hot inside the venue. I've decided to cancel the event as I doubt anyone wants to sweat their ***** off while paying for an experience. Since this happened the day before the event I have hardly anytime to scramble for a last minute venue so we will have to plan for another time. I'm really sorry if I've let anyone down or ruined any weekend plans. If someone would like to volunteer to host I'm sure we could all get together at someone's house and run some sets and still enjoy EVO Finals. Again, I'm really sorry that this is so last minute. I literally just got word.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
SUPER BIT WARS2 : THIS ONES FOR FOREST is in the works everyone. Looking September. Spread the word and we will make it good.

Tesh

Smash Hero
MEGABUS TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR WHOBO WEEKEND.

You know you wanna go, so go to http://us.megabus.com/ and buy your tickets for 1 dollar each RIGHT NOW.

If you act now, the change in your pocket could get you across the country to WHOBO V!

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
hey guys whats up? im Cpt. kush, a falcon main from texas who will be moving to uark in august. i was wondering if there are any dudes who play this game near fayetteville? im getting an on campus apartment and am always down to play(also have a car). ive recently gotten to be a top player in my area(which isnt anything remarkable, tx blows) and would hate to see my skillz/time put in to falcon go to waste, cuz ****** is too fun. PM me or something to let me know, i really hope there is a decent scene here!

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
lmao that vid is so old that was the first time ive played ics with falcon. atleast i beat you convincingly the next time we played at like pools or something. i forgot what tourney it was. anywho, no smashers near fayetteville?

arwildcats09

Smash Apprentice
Northwest Arkansas anyone? I'm from Springdale, but moving to Siloam Springs for college in a few weeks. Looking for a few people to play. Melee, 64, Brawl, PM, it doesn't matter.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Most competitive players live in Little Rock or central Arkansas. I live in Northeast Arkansas at the moment but occasionally makes trips down to LR or up to Fayetteville to visit friends. I know a few that play smash here in Jonesboro but I'm the only competitive player and spend most of the time smashing online. ((http://smashboards.com/threads/dolphin-online-melee-netplay.335432/)) Online is more on the cpu intensive side so if you have a newer gen CPU you could probably run it, the GFX card doesn't matter too much.

MT_

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/340552/

Hello Arkansas! I don't really know any of you... but would sure as hell love to meet you guys! I'm inviting you guys to a 2-day Melee tournament in Austin, TX that will take place from December 21-22. It's near Christmas, but there's an entire day to drive back and recover. Out of state players will get priority housing, so if you decide to come you will get free housing =). This tournament also features a $330+ pot bonus; details regarding the pot bonus in the tourney thread. If you guys are able to put together a carpool to come to the tournament that would be AWESOME. Hope to see you there!

MT_

Smash Ace
Hey friends, just wanted to let you know that Forte (the Austin, TX tourney) just got accepted as an Apex 2014 Qualifier! More incentive to come =)

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
as MT is networking so am I! as I have mentioned earlier our second installment of Super Bit Wars is in full affect!

the second installment of our SUPER BIT WARS will be taking place on November 30th. we had an amazing turnout last year ( http://www.smashboards.com/threads/...al-tournament-norman-ok.309453/#post-13231605 ) With a good showing from Arkansas

This Year we have some different fighters in the lineup. we have interest from the Texas Brawl/melee scene. it is early so i wanna get the word out ASAP. the Facebook event link will be at the bottom here. there will be a smashboards thread as soon as we get all the info finalized. hit me up on facebook (Josh Currier) or on here for more info.

https://www.facebook.com/events/211600215685116/211965385648599/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

Nail.exe

Smash Cadet
There's rumblings of a tournament in early November on the FaceBook page for a group called Arkansas Smash Society, presumably in Little Rock. If you wanna get involved just drop by their facebook page. Details are non-existant at this point, but I figured, hey, any hype is good hype.

Also, I don't think I've properly introduced myself. I'm Parker, attending college in Conway, Ganon main, learning Falco. The only tournaments I've been in have been hosted by my college, but I'm looking to get into this scene something bad. I've even helped form a crew of sorts, nine members, ranging from scrubby (myself) to "what is this game how do I short hop".

Nail.exe

Smash Cadet
Just thought I'd pop in here and let you fine folks know- the Arkansas scene has picked up in the last few months. At the very least, I stumbled upon a scene and I thought I'd let everyone know that it's here.

Recently hosted were Arkansmash 1 and the first Melee Waylay in Little Rock and Fayetteville, respectively. Arkansmash had a turnout of about 20 people and for my first tournament, the bar was set pretty high. I brought a small crowd and none of us picked up a match. I was really impressed by the show that was put on by those in attendance, and I was thrilled to get to play against some people on stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/bmontgom_spit/b/478231854
(I'm the horrible Falco in the first singles set, starts at around six minutes)

Melee Waylay, in contrast, had a larger turnout (or it felt that way, the room was smaller), with a HUGE mix of skill levels. The bracket was a lot less intimidating and I managed to pick up a few sets. If you're new to competitive smash like I am, and want to jump in, there's going to be a January tournament (possibly Project M singles) with no confirmed date to my knowledge, but it will be posted on the Arkansas Smash Society facebook page. The tournament wasn't streamed, but you can check out the bracket results at

http://challonge.com/meleewaylay

Nail.exe

Smash Cadet
I'll try to make sure that that happens. From what I can tell very few people involved in actually planning and hosting the tournaments have anything to do with Smashboards, but I'll try to get them to post here (or at least give me the deets so I can do a writeup)

arwildcats09

Smash Apprentice
I was at Melee Waylay under the gamertag ZeroNine. I was impressed by the turnout. And I actually played well considering I'm more of a PM player than a Melee Player. As far as I know the plan for the next tournament is to have Melee, PM, and Smash 64 if they have enough setups/space. I already volunteered to bring a PM setup.

soulster

Smash Rookie
Whats up guys, I'm new to the smash community I'm from Little Rock and I'm 16. Its awesome to see all these people in the Arkansas smash community but there needs to be more locals(preferably in Little Rock) for us to meet up

Davante Acklin

Smash Rookie
Hey Arkansas scene I stay in central (Jacksonville) and really am looking for someone to train with. I am mainly playing Brawl and Project M. Melee is fun and always will be a classic to me, but I just can't play it right. As for Brawl and PM I'm looking to get serious in those games.

Top Bottom