• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
do you want to see an unedited series of combos to judge their worth, or something more?
Well if you've got my music for the video, just go ahead and sync it or whatever you'd do to make it "done." I can wait. I just wanna see the finished product.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Well if you've got my music for the video, just go ahead and sync it or whatever you'd do to make it "done." I can wait. I just wanna see the finished product.
that was my concern - did you want it completed even though it lacked a major element of your gameplay (movement tricks)? I didn't want to slouch at the end after just looking through well over a hundred hours of footage for maybe three of your ganon. but if you're OK with straight combos, I can do that too.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
that was my concern - did you want it completed even though it lacked a major element of your gameplay (movement tricks)? I didn't want to slouch at the end after just looking through well over a hundred hours of footage for maybe three of your ganon. but if you're OK with straight combos, I can do that too.
Or if you'd rather this weekend, I can come up or you can come down and we can record just me sliding for a while and you should have more than enough to play with from there. Sound good? I'd say get it in line and ready to roll as much as possible without a few slips and slides here and there, and if you wanna get those in this weekend we'll have a spot for them.

edit* If you wanna stay the night here tonight, my brother is gone and you could have my bed. That way we can get the needed slips and slides, and you could even work on it here and I could see what's up with it if you want.

All up to you of course, just lemme know what you decide, and if you want to I'll come get you later.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Or if you'd rather this weekend, I can come up or you can come down and we can record just me sliding for a while and you should have more than enough to play with from there. Sound good? I'd say get it in line and ready to roll as much as possible without a few slips and slides here and there, and if you wanna get those in this weekend we'll have a spot for them.

edit* If you wanna stay the night here tonight, my brother is gone and you could have my bed. That way we can get the needed slips and slides, and you could even work on it here and I could see what's up with it if you want.

All up to you of course, just lemme know what you decide, and if you want to I'll come get you later.
that actually sounds great, but mi madre wants me home this weekend for something :(

it's a frustrating inconvenience, but I'll be gone from 5 today until sunday afternoon. literally any other time you want to record, lmk.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
that actually sounds great, but mi madre wants me home this weekend for something :(

it's a frustrating inconvenience, but I'll be gone from 5 today until sunday afternoon. literally any other time you want to record, lmk.
Aw well it'll have to wait. But tell me, from the footage you have will the video be pretty good? I'd hate if after all this its only a mediocre ganon combo vid :/

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Aw well it'll have to wait. But tell me, from the footage you have will the video be pretty good? I'd hate if after all this its only a mediocre ganon combo vid :/
honestly, what I have so far is good ganon footage. it's just that most of it is... beneath you, if you know what I mean. it's only 60% vice combos and the rest -just- ganondorf.

if we'd gotten everything I've seen you do since january... ooh man. if you play almost all ganon the next time we record, I'm confident it'll complete the video quality-wise. you've gotten too consistent at being amazing LOL.

/meatridin' :D

G. Vice

Smash Lord
honestly, what I have so far is good ganon footage. it's just that most of it is... beneath you, if you know what I mean. it's only 60% vice combos and the rest -just- ganondorf.

if we'd gotten everything I've seen you do since january... ooh man. if you play almost all ganon the next time we record, I'm confident it'll complete the video quality-wise. you've gotten too consistent at being amazing LOL.

/meatridin' :D
Lol arby. Well we can just wait and play and record some time in the near future. I dunno if I am as consistent as you say, but I hope to be able to produce a decent vid.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
It's happening, it's happening........OH MAN IT'S HAPPENING!

I'm thinking of maybe posting some vids of my progress after my 2 years of melee retirement, it's coming along pretty well. I've worked my burst of epic gameplay to an hour into playing, and trying to work it back down to 5 minutes of gameplay before I recieve my epic bursts. I'll see how it rolls.

BunBun

Smash Master
Memphis might have to take two cars. The list of people I have interested are:
Me
Jack
Ben
Ian
Bobby
Iori
Ambix
Myztek
Hyperdragon

That's 9 people.

5 are in my car w/ at least 5 setups.

Though, not everyone is confirmed yet.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Memphis might have to take two cars. The list of people I have interested are:
Me
Jack
Ben
Ian
Bobby
Iori
Ambix
Myztek
Hyperdragon

That's 9 people.

5 are in my car w/ at least 5 setups.

Though, not everyone is confirmed yet.
If you wanted to I could take my car, can hold me +4 easy, I could drive up to memphis the night before if you could give me a place to crash and just leave with you guys whenever you go.

BunBun

Smash Master
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

Funny enough, I still think we'll have to take 3 cars xD

Handorin

Smash Hero
Pretty much the only thing holding Falco back now is landing detection. He feels pretty good overall though.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet

Handorin

Smash Hero
I know Chad was beasting with Charizard. I think he used him against me in tournament, which in that case I still have videos I can show you if we cross paths again.

I think Jack likes ZSS too.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
WHERE THE **** IS DR. MARIO, YOUNG LINK, MEWTWO, ROY, AND PICHU, *****!?!

All my favorite characters will still be gone even in project m. :(
Yeah sorry about that but yeah.

Also If anyone wants to play brawl hacks and doesn't feel like doing all the work then come by my place and I will do all the work. (for $1.00 just becasue you guys are part of the smash community and this revolves around SSBB playing) I will do all of them Brawl+, Brawl-, bBrawl, and Project Melee when it comes out.

Vts

Smash Champion
I know Chad was beasting with Charizard. I think he used him against me in tournament, which in that case I still have videos I can show you if we cross paths again.

I think Jack likes ZSS too.
i see pikachad trying to evolve into charichad silly chad u can't do that.

videos would be amazing

even more amazing if they were like posted now since i'm at work and its slow lol

Handorin

Smash Hero
i see pikachad trying to evolve into charichad silly chad u can't do that.

videos would be amazing

even more amazing if they were like posted now since i'm at work and its slow lol
Well...I never actually recorded them onto my computer... >_>
They are still sitting on my Wii.
Also, we upload all of the matches to the P:M youtube account, and everything is private until we decide to release them to the public.

Vts

Smash Champion
Well...I never actually recorded them onto my computer... >_>
They are still sitting on my Wii.
Also, we upload all of the matches to the P:M youtube account, and everything is private until we decide to release them to the public.
so your on the team now huh :D

also you should let little ole arkansas in the fun ^^

(pick me! or arby).

Handorin

Smash Hero
I've been on the team for a week or so before Intimikill, so Arby/Yoshi played a little iirc. It's gotten better since then though. They just recently fixed their jab reset and CC codes.

Also, I can't really travel much anymore. =/
I leave three weeks from today, I have some things I need to do, and I have very little money left.

Vts

Smash Champion
I've been on the team for a week or so before Intimikill, so Arby/Yoshi played a little iirc. It's gotten better since then though. They just recently fixed their jab reset and CC codes.

Also, I can't really travel much anymore. =/
I leave three weeks from today, I have some things I need to do, and I have very little money left.
you could ***** yourself out to 100 fat chicks for $50 a pop or 10 really fat chicks for $500 each.

you know those fat chicks need loving too.

just not by me :D

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, it's me again. Trying to gauge interest in our second ARK tournament that we're planning on holding. There wasn't a huge turnout last time from the Smash community (12 for Melee and 13 for Brawl) and this time we're hoping for more. Details will probably be almost the same as the last tournament (all standardized rules that I will post again when I set this thing up). We are planning on it being on the 3rd or 4th weekend of July.

Anyway, if anybody is interested, please let me know. Our tourney organizers really care for the community and want it to thrive and grow.

Here's the thread from our first tournament:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268485

We value all feedback from the community! If there's anything that you think would help people to attend, let us know! As I said before, please respond if you're interested. This will help us decide if we should run the tourney or not. Thanks :)

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
The March Hare- Not sure if you were replying to me, but if so, it'd be a one day event.

Seifer- Why the 4th weekend as opposed to the 3rd weekend?

Top Bottom