• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I listen to neither.

How much exactly would you need?
Depends on how many people come with me in my car. If it's just you and me, it is really based on how much you have.

It's about 240 miles roundtrip, and I get around 15 mpg. That's 16 gallons of gas, and at 3.65 a gallon, it is about 60 dollars. If it's just you and me, we could do 50:50 or something like that. But if we can get some other people to come in my carpool, that would adjust and make it cheaper for all of us. (From 30 to 20 and then to 15 from there)

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
Lol, I understood it. Just couldn't resist.

If we can't get it down to at least 20 per person, I might have to drop. Not just because I'm broke, but also because there were other things planned for the 27th that I blew off in an attempt to save up for Tucson.

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
If I made you pay 40, I'd feel bad for the entire day.

But at the moment, I'm kinda leaning towards my other plans for this weekend. It's only the first tourney of the season, I won't die if I miss it.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Driving a Wranger, it has a 4 cylinder engine on a 2 ton car. For what I use it for quite often, I need it. But yeah, won't be able to buy a car for a few years.

Heysuess, do you have any extra seats in your carpool? That might solve everything.

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Driving a Wranger, it has a 4 cylinder engine on a 2 ton car. For what I use it for quite often, I need it. But yeah, won't be able to buy a car for a few years.

Heysuess, do you have any extra seats in your carpool? That might solve everything.
I sure do. You'd be riding with me, Kurtis, and Aaven.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
(For those who haven't seen the Facebook Brawl group post I made):

Hey guys, so the season has just recently ended and the best players of it have been announced. But I thought that it wasn't enough to just recognize the best overall players. There was a lot of players that have done other great things in the scene this season, and I feel that they should get proper recognition.

This is why I've decided to create the Brawl PLAYER RECOGNITION AWARDS. Below you will find a list of notable achievements and the people who I feel best accomplished them. To top it off, not only are these people getting recognition, for each time that you get recognized, you will be allowed ONE free entry into Brawl Singles or Brawl Doubles (with the exception of APRD Brawl Singles)!!

Congrats to all the people being recognized! Your contributions to the scene have definitely made it much more enjoyable and exciting.:)

MOST IMPROVED
Most improved player since last season
SS

CREW BATTLE CHAMPION
The best-performing player in a crew battle
Aaven

BEST USE OF NEW CHARACTER
Player who started using a new character that season, and performed extremely well with it
HeySeuss (with King Dedede)
Aaven (with Fox)

VOLUNTEER T.O.
The most helpful non-T.O. players who helped run the tournament
Lance
OkamiBW

BEST NEWCOMER
Best newcomer of the season
MBR
Ness682

LOW-TIER CHAMPION
The highest ranking player who mains a low-tier character
Stevo (with Mario)

BIGGEST UPSET
Most surprising victory
SS (beating Yoshiken)

SIDE-GAME CONTRIBUTER
People who brought side games to the tournament, making our gatherings much more diverse and enjoyable
SmileyFace
HeySeuss

MOST INDECISIVE PLAYER
Player who constantly switched their mains throughout the season
Saffy (Ice Climbers/Metaknight/Pit - Toon Link - Peach/DK)

GIFT GIVER
Person who bought things to give out to players at the tournament
Saffy (with cake)

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
BEST USE OF NEW CHARACTER
Player who started using a new character that season, and performed extremely well with it
HeySeuss (with King Dedede)
Aaven (with Fox)
My Ice Climber's would like to have a word with you >(.

Lol, jk. I love the idea of recognition awards though! Will inspire people to participate more, and liven up the scene.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
How do people feel about the next Tempe tournament being on November 10th? And if not, will the 17th work for you instead?

My Ice Climber's would like to have a word with you >(.

Lol, jk. I love the idea of recognition awards though! Will inspire people to participate more, and liven up the scene.

You would've swept up that award had you not started using IC's 2 seasons ago, hehe. :3

But yeah thank you, I'm really hoping people strive for some of those goals, especially the Best Newcomer award for all our new players of the season, and Low-Tier Champion *cough* GV7 *cough*

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
ugh sloppy seconds on the low tiers since stevo is leaving :(

ill be continuing on using rob/lucas and a bit of gnw. maybe lucario hmmmm

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
^Great to hear. <3 Your Lucas was a sick little f***er the last few times I played it.

Any plans on picking up Sheik still?

Saffy

Smash Ace
Next UAT tournament since our own sexy Kyle, and the returning amazing California player Maize share the same Birthday, I plan on doing a few things. If you don't know their birthday... it is November 24th.

What I plan on doing is of course making a cake, and then I planned on making two loaves of Banana bread (CAUSE I **** AT MAKING THEM).

I was also going to bring maybe gift bags for everyone since it's approaching the end of the year and I didn't know if we were going to have a tournament in December or not.
Just know it's going to contain Candy, Nintendo & Pokemon stuff. I might throw in a pokemon plush and keychains if I can find some or if I have any extra ones.

I just want to know what is a candy everyone can agree on liking? I was thinking maybe like reese's? I had thought of Snickers but then I realized a lot of people are allergic to peanuts so....
Ideas? I'm probably going to get the gourmet suckers cause those are amazing.

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Next UAT tournament since our own sexy Kyle, and the returning amazing California player Maize share the same Birthday, I plan on doing a few things. If you don't know their birthday... it is November 24th.

What I plan on doing is of course making a cake, and then I planned on making two loaves of Banana bread (CAUSE I **** AT MAKING THEM).

I was also going to bring maybe gift bags for everyone since it's approaching the end of the year and I didn't know if we were going to have a tournament in December or not.
Just know it's going to contain Candy, Nintendo & Pokemon stuff. I might throw in a pokemon plush and keychains if I can find some or if I have any extra ones.

I just want to know what is a candy everyone can agree on liking? I was thinking maybe like reese's? I had thought of Snickers but then I realized a lot of people are allergic to peanuts so....
Ideas? I'm probably going to get the gourmet suckers cause those are amazing.
Sweet! I remember people celebrating my birthday at the last tourney. Oh wait...

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Saffy, you are so generous. Also, Reeses are like the best candy stuffs in the universe.

@ Rave: Not that I am complaining about not being on the list, because I really don't mind, but just for clarity, I never used Ice Climber's once before last season :).

Saffy

Smash Ace
Sweet! I remember people celebrating my birthday at the last tourney. Oh wait...
Well .. I guess that means I gotta add you to the cake list then. I did buy you a present... Everyone is going to be jelly of it anyways.

Saffy, you are so generous. Also, Reeses are like the best candy stuffs in the universe.
That's who I am! I also have some stuff to give you, so please remind me before the tournament
It's MLP stickers and tattoo's. Idk if Anjila likes it too but I have some stuff left over that I don't want since I'm not a fan of it.

saffy is the nicest person everrrr and 2nd comes heyseuss cause carls jr
Idk Jesus is our father figure of the scene. He will forever be #0 on the PR of giving list in everyone's heart.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Uggh, I woke up really sick this morning. I am hoping to feel better by tomorrow, but if I still feel as miserable as I do now, then I will have to skip out on going to the Tucson tournament.

It especially sucks because I never get sick...

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Uggh, I woke up really sick this morning. I am hoping to feel better by tomorrow, but if I still feel as miserable as I do now, then I will have to skip out on going to the Tucson tournament.

You just don't want to show everybody Team Hammer Time.

Saffy

Smash Ace

=/ Oh wow I'm sorry hope you feel better. Aaven said he was sick as well. I really hope you guys feel better.

Also yeah Rave should be in control since Kira is gone.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm reading this, yes.
So RaveRemix for OP? One sec.

EDIT: IT IS DONE.

Top Bottom