• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Bai bai Meta Knight

This is definitely the better move for the community, and one that should have been made way in the past. Looking at the public vote that they had before the BBR made the decision, almost 80% of the voters voted to ban metaknight, and even in the BBR itself, 14 people votes yes, and 1 voted no, with 2 people not voting. With over 3/4s of the community supporting the ban, it gives evidence that there obviously was a problem with the character.

Can't wait for this to start! I doubt yoshi is going to move up the tier list much though, as we have a lot worse MUs than MK.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
MK is one of your characters worst matchups

:phone:
No its not. People dont know anything about gw. Every board thinks they beat gdubs nobody knows how he works. Our worst matchuos are ics and marth. Snake and mk are close if you understand the matchup. Other characters who also arhuably go even witb us do just as well on rc and brinstar. Gdubs does better vs mk than most. Its easier fighting him than marth

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Or rather nobody does as good on rc as us (not even mk) but charcters like zss (yes zss does amazing on rc) and wario do well there themselves

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
Explain this to me please? If you can't make it out of pools with him legal how do you expect to make it out with him banned?
If people that used MK lose it proves that he's broken, he's a crutch. If people that used him still win it proves they didn't need said crutch

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Once upon a time, ROB decided he wanted to be the best!
So he set out!

And at first...he *****!

And the ladies loved him!

He felt like a million bucks!

UNTIL...
He met a foe that possessed an unimaginable skill.
A foe that would not only dominate him, but the rest of the competitors.
He met, sadface, Metaknight.

ROB, as high and mighty as he first felt

Now felt pitiful and worthless. He had to do something!
So he trained!

But it never mattered, Metaknight still *****! =[

ROB felt hopeless.

So back on the shelf he went to weep

But luckily for him, on a magical day, the community came to their senses and shunned Metaknight out of the smash scene!

ROB was overjoyed!!

It was like his very own birthday!

And now he was able to just chillax and enjoy the little things

And finally get a peaceful night of sleep.

So now ROBs can live in love and harmony!!

And get frisky if they so choose.

My fellow robots, it's time to take over<3

The end

The beginning...

beepbeep!<3
Thanks to Mister Eric

Jar'd

Smash Ace
@FF Isn't that applicable for anyone who uses a better character, than moves down to an inferior character?

And put that post in spoilers rob it's tooooooo long lol.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
[COLLAPSE="ijkilj"][/COLLAPSE]apparently I'm pretty downs and can't figure out how to use spoilers either lol

also why does swf look homeless now

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Becauseeeee I don't really have an official place to post here in Texas since my region doesn't play anything. Forever AZ at heart. Plus all the casuals will eat me alive over in the MK banned discussion.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Then please stop harrassing fellow members of AZ. I know that you love us, but please, give some courtesy for the ones who actually live here as well. Lighten up please.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
To be honest, and I'm not hiding it, I am a Meleer who is trying to get some hype for his tournament. I just happen to be good at Brawl, so I am a part of this community, trying to get the word out for the tournament. You see, Brawl is not Melee. Its doesn't come close. The engines are different, just the inputs are the same.

With Meta being banned, its bittersweet, because in a Melee hindsight, banning characters is just foolish, but giving the fact that this is Brawl, it is different. Metaknight, is hilariously good. There are some who can fight him, but in the end, there is a reason why 3/4s of brawl community wanted to ban him. Someone new to the community does not have much say in what the community thinks, but no one really needs to be part of one to see an OP character that is harder to fight than others.

What do I know, I am a simple Melee player adverting his tournament.

[collapse=STUFF TO SHOW SIG]SIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAMSIGSPAM[/collapse]

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
I understand that but like any other game you have to put lots of work and practice to be able to compete at a high level of play. The games aren't completely different and its not like Melee is balanced, and in Melee it takes a lot more skill/practice to get even decent at. Yet these players don't want to put work to even be able to beat out average MK players. Darklink should be the only MK in AZ to be hard to beat since he has practiced the game more than anybody else, seriously I taught him all I knew than he masturbated to the game and researched a ****load like a nerd to the game unlike anybody else to get that #1 spot.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Yea. I can see where you are going with that. They should try harder. I feel that this is a great indicator of the Brawl community. But for now, I am going to be an observer. Tournaments will be easier to hijack now lol

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
I understand that but like any other game you have to put lots of work and practice to be able to compete at a high level of play. The games aren't completely different and its not like Melee is balanced, and in Melee it takes a lot more skill/practice to get even decent at. Yet these players don't want to put work to even be able to beat out average MK players. Darklink should be the only MK in AZ to be hard to beat since he has practiced the game more than anybody else, seriously I taught him all I knew than he masturbated to the game and researched a ****load like a nerd to the game unlike anybody else to get that #1 spot.
MK is like giving a 10 sec headstart to someone on a 200 meter dash...while they're Tornadoing the whole way

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
Perfect example to the way I acted towards this guy seriously. You are discrediting all the work Chris put into learning MK and or this game?
Learning the game? No. Abusing the gayest character in the game, a fact that has been known for over 3 and a half years? Yes

Top Bottom