• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Here is my proposed ruleset, hopefully you guys will like it.

Ultimately, I'm thinking that instead of Taj's rule, I think we should give the option of banning 1 Neutral OR 2 counterpicks. The problem with Taj's rule is that we'll most likely never see matches played out in CP stages, as you can imagine most of the time, people will choose the option to ban all CPs. And even if someone bans the only Neutral worth banning (Final Destination), you'll most likely just end up going to Smashville anyway (as that's closest stage to FD structurally).

Here's my proposed stage list that would go along with this (ban 1 neutral, or ban 2 CPs) ruleset:

Neutral:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination

Counterpick:
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza

...or we can just stick to what we have now. XD
^This except replace Castle Seige with Halberd. I feel Halberd is more fair then CS... since CS has the walk-off in the second transformation. Halberd does have a walk-off too at the beginning, but it doesn't last as long.

I like the ban one starter/ban 2 CPs idea.

JJ shouldn't be added, it's not too great of a stage. The blast zones are really small. RGB and I have had multiple matches there, all ending about a minute and a half. And the person who won pretty much was just the first person to get in a smash...

Jar'd

Smash Ace
What's saying though that never rarely seeing counterpick stages is a problem? I'd actually consider that a benefit of his rule.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
^This except replace Castle Seige with Halberd. I feel Halberd is more fair then CS... since CS has the walk-off in the second transformation. Halberd does have a walk-off too at the beginning, but it doesn't last as long.

I like the ban one starter/ban 2 CPs idea.
Thanks. Although, I'm actually against Halberd's inclusion, not because of the random crap that happens in it, but because of the stages that are already present in the Neutral + CP list. If you look at it, there are currently 4 stages that favor aerial characters (LC, YI, BF, DP), and adding 1 more would make it so aerial characters have yet another stage to choose from.

Castle Siege's presence is mainly to offset the amount of levels that favor aerial characters, although I do agree the walkoff part of the stage is a valid concern. You could always just ban it though XP

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. Although, I'm actually against Halberd's inclusion, not because of the random crap that happens in it, but because of the stages that are already present in the Neutral + CP list. If you look at it, there are currently 4 stages that favor aerial characters (LC, YI, BF, DP), and adding 1 more would make it so aerial characters have yet another stage to choose from.

Castle Siege's presence is mainly to offset the amount of levels that favor aerial characters, although I do agree the walkoff part of the stage is a valid concern. You could always just ban it though XP
I don't quite know if YI favors aerial characters, and I understand what you're saying. I really like halberd though.

I've always been iffy on CS being a CP though, just because of that second transformation.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but I feel it is less viable as a CP than Halberd still. I mean, It's not too big of a deal, but I think it's still worse than Halberd.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I still second the list Johnny's post been posting. 3 Neutral and 5 Counters with Taj's Better Rule.

Add Jungle Japes as a CP and I'm in! (If you don't thats cool too, I just love Jungle Japes)
The day Japes becomes legal again, is the day I quit this game.

I propose the following:

Neutrals
FD
YS
FoD
BF
DL64

Counterpicks
PS
BS
RC
KJ64

Taj's Better Rule in Effect
Yes!

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Here's my proposed stage list that would go along with this (ban 1 neutral, or ban 2 CPs) ruleset:

Neutral:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination

Counterpick:
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Am I missing something here?

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
KJFGTUIFUYDFHTJVHTJFCTJYFJTYFCVGCVGHCKTCJKCVJKVGCJCJVJGVJMG VM DRUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNKKKKKKK MOFO ***** LOVE YA KEVIN SHAWN BRO BRA MAN.................))))))) MUFF CABBAGE I'M WATCHING SOUTh park sorry for the grammar.

k9.

Smash Ace
Today would be better because im going to a melee tourney tomorrow. So can some host a fest at there house?

If not then we can do my house. Its just my house is far.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
If you guys want to come by my house at around 4 or so or a few hours, my parents are gonna be out of the house. I only have 1 wii and 2 tv's, but if you want to bring wii's or something we can do some stuff. I live in Scottsdale though, so that might be a bit of a turn off.

If anyone is interested text me and I'll give you my address, but say who you are so I know that you aren't just a lurking creeper :p
480-529-8837

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
My house is open after 4 or so, I would need setups and someone to host a tourney if we have one. But as long as we don't **** up the house (or drink or smoke) I am in the clear.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Wow I feel terrible, I need a green tea and breakfast. Nice job getting the reference though Kyle. :p

Where do you live Kitteh? Maybe I could get a friend to give me a ride or something, I don't know here's hoping.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Edit:Nevermind, you don't have a phone :p

Please post here if you plan on coming so I can get an estimate of what to expect.

Saffy

Smash Ace
One more week until the tournament :D yay.

And I haven't contributed to the ruleset because I play for fun. Every stage is fine by me... HYRULE WHERE YOU AT?

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Anyone know what heysuess is up to today? If he goes maybe I could catch a ride with him.

Also, tournament hype.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
So about the ruleset. What if we add another list of stages. Like, we'll have the starters, the CPs and a third one of the old stages that used to be legal. Like So RC, Brinstar, Pictochat, Frigate, Halberd, and whatever other ones. And they'll sorta act like a stage you already won on. You can only play on one of them if the other person agrees with them.

So this could be good if both players like one of those stages. Like both G&W and MK like RC, so neither would mind going there.

But if your opponent doesn't like any of the stages then you won't be able to use them that set.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
That rule is already in effect you can play on any stage technically as long as both parties agree... nobody ever agrees (except when Lance somehow convinces people to playing on janky stages like big blue and **** :troll: )

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Anyone know what heysuess is up to today? If he goes maybe I could catch a ride with him.

Also, tournament hype.
Sorry man wasn't able to make it today. I'm going to the tourney next weekend though. I can give you a ride to and from for sure next weekend if you want.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
That rule is already in effect you can play on any stage technically as long as both parties agree... nobody ever agrees (except when Lance somehow convinces people to playing on janky stages like big blue and **** :troll: )
I had so much fun playing the low tier on janky stages. It was free and only for fun so why not?

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
No problem heysuess, yeah I'll definitely catch a ride with you to the tourney if it's alright. Did you have a planned time to head to the venue?

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
has kurtis been practicing? he just didnt seem like himself. wolf was reading alot of the rolls. i hope to see you soon kurtis!

Saffy

Smash Ace
I've never seen Yoshiken play, but based solely off of this video.. The only thing I can say is Yoshikens rolls were very unsafe and cost him a large amount of damage in the matches. I'm not sure if rolling into the opponent is the greatest idea.. but I know nothing of Yoshi and it might work for that character. What is the match up for yoshi in that?
The fd match at the end seemed like he sort of lost his stage control and was throwing kill and unsafe moves all over the place. Really The wolf player took advantage of his habits and disadvantages, and outplayed him.
Maybe nerves got to him? :C

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Well friendlies and warmups start at 12:00pm heysuess so I'd suggest maybe we get there at around that time? I'll need some time to practice my dubs with Yummy and sign up, then two hours after the Low-Tier Dubs start at 2:00pm.

It says Singles entry is also $5, I hope I'm correct in assuming that's not a typo? I forgot what was agreed upon when we discussed fees for this season. :awesome:

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
$5 for singles from now on. $10 singles only on the last tournament of the season. i cant wait i need some practice with stevo >:)

Critique: Olimar is gay

Top Bottom