• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated: November 2013)

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Alright Brawlers, here's the new proposed methodology I (along with K9's assistance) have made for tournament schedules!

First of all, one of the big issues that was brought up was the frequency of tournaments. Ultimately, I believe the best solution for this is to alternate between two and three week waiting periods between tournaments; that way, a person who cannot travel out of their city for tournaments will have to wait only 5 weeks for the next tournament, but at the same time, tournaments wouldn't be TOO frequent. So an example of a season could be:

***New season begins***
*three week wait*
Phoenix tourney
*two week wait*
Tucson tourney
*three week wait*
Phoenix tourney
*two week wait*
Tucson tourney
*three week wait*
Phoenix tourney

total: 13 weeks

And also, for those who are worried about not being able to attend enough tournaments for the season, you can simply attend one of the Round Robins we will host throughout the season (or if you want to, you can host your own). As long as the RR attracts a decent amount of people, it can count toward your attendance for the season.

Also, let's decide soon if the next tourney will be the 6th or 13th. Personally I can make either day, but prefer the 13th. :)

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Can't make it to either of those. We'll be out-of-town on the 13th. I might've been able to make it to the 6th had I known sooner, but now I have plans. :(

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Shawn wanted me to post there's going to be a smashfest tomorrow at gamers inn, starting at 1.

If anyone who is planning to go has to pass by/will be in the general area of 44th street and Indian school, I'd greatly appreciate a ride there, and maybe even a ride back, though I can manage getting home on my own if I really need to. Call/text me at 602-684-0467 if you can.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Gamer's Inn got back to me and it turns out they will not be able to accomodate us on the 6th, so if we want to hold it there the tournament will have to be on the 13th.

If we REALLY want have it on the 6th, I can see if I can work something out with another venue. But considering we only have a week, and I don't know the details of any other venue, it's up in the air if that's even an option. I'll try to have an answer by tomorrow.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Still working hard for you guys to find a new venue for us so we can hold a tourney on the 6th...I have a really good prospect, but they closed for the night, so I'll have to call tomorrow.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Thanks Rave

Anyone in your guys' area have an apartment (or house) accomodating enough by chance? I've only ever been to Chris' old place

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Haha no problem Derp, it's in my job description after all. :)

My place is about as big as Chris' old place, has two large TVs, and has enough chairs and couches for 15 people to be sitting down at once, but I still wanna see if I can acquire this new venue I'm looking into, since it's at a better location and is much bigger than my place.

But nevertheless, if anyone thinks their place could be a good tourney venue, please let us know!

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Actually, Howie's Game Shack looked pretty sweet. Yoshiken, K9, Alex, and I took a look around earlier tonight. But they seem more accommodating towards PC and Xbox 360 gaming than anything else. They also strictly use HD TVs, so we'd need a million component cables. I have no idea about bringing our own TVs.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest today? Me want play. Does gamers inn play on crt televisions? Don't want to drive out there for frame delay. =/

PS I just called gamers inn and no one is there at the moment playing smash.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Um, uh. There's no actual smashfest going on here. XD I think there was a bit of miscommunication. But people are welcome to come over if they don't mind staying for just 2-3 hours, because we have to be somewhere else tonight.

But Shawn said he'll try to find another place for a smashfest. Gamer's Inn is probably not the best choice because I know it is going to be VERY packed later.

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Never coming back to the scene. Anyone want to snag the following for a low cost?

White Top/Purple Bottom GC Control

Platinum Top & Bottom GC Control

White Bottom (Partially Sanded)

Black Bottom (Partially Sanded)

Spare Buttons/Sticks/Springs

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I'm new to Arizona, relocated from Long Island, New York and was in the smash scene and attended tourneys but I haven't been much before I left due to life issues. Now I'm down here in Peoria (like 20 mins away from Pheonix) and just wondering if anyone is down for practicing, smashfests or any carpools I can get in on for any upcoming tourneys. If so just let me know here or on my aim: MrblazeRZ

Hit me upppp lol

:phone:

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
I'm new to Arizona, relocated from Long Island, New York and was in the smash scene and attended tourneys but I haven't been much before I left due to life issues. Now I'm down here in Peoria (like 20 mins away from Pheonix) and just wondering if anyone is down for practicing, smashfests or any carpools I can get in on for any upcoming tourneys. If so just let me know here or on my aim: MrblazeRZ

Hit me upppp lol

From Tucson Brawl welcome!!! Phoenix has a tourney on the 6th, that a few of us can make, and on the 27th I'm hosting a tourney here in Tucson

k9.

Smash Ace
Never coming back to the scene. Anyone want to snag the following for a low cost?

White Top/Purple Bottom GC Control

Platinum Top & Bottom GC Control

White Bottom (Partially Sanded)

Black Bottom (Partially Sanded)

Spare Buttons/Sticks/Springs
yo how much you want for all of it?

And also do you have the tools also by any chance?

easy mac

Smash Apprentice
Partially sanded because I started sanding, and then decided I didn't want to anymore lol. Lazy at times when it isn't important to me. And throw me an offer for the set whoever wants them.

Oh and I don't have the triwing

Top Bottom