• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AriteBoy PWNs Marth and NOW WITH IC Newvideos!!!

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
How modest to post videos of yourself losing... kudos! Who was the Falcon? He really was very good with the shielding/dodging. 10 for both.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
the falcon was artieboy.i think he is the only falcon to tie with banana trooper.if you are reading this artieboy i want to challenge you.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
i think there is a way,ive seen people with quotes as their sigs.i would help you but i dont know how to do it.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Noob. I didn't hear 'Show me your moves' even once.

Also, that match was as close as it's ever looked to a melee falcon. Props.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Pretty good, although a distinct lack of FTilt (good when you need range), DTilt (ducks some moves), FSmash (lean back part avoids spaced moves), and up-B (surprisingly good damage and priority) for ArtieBoy. There were also a couple parts where you could have probably edgehogged him for a kill. Good Knees, and few mistakes. 8.5/10

I don't know enough about Marth's moves to comment on that, except that the first half of the second game was pretty impressive.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Ok, I just have to say it. I'm not a falcon expert, but that marth was NOT an amazing marth for the record. They're not playing a brawl marth, they're trying to play a melee marth(and not exactly a great one at that).

Marth is not about fair spam anymore. Not to mention, most of the fair spam from that marth weren't even short hops? Not to mention a majority of those hits weren't tips, even at lower percents(he does get some in the 2nd video but it's not consistent enough to make me believe he's fully in control of it). Dancing blade spam was lacking since it's one of marth's best moves now. He didn't once utilize marth's dolphin slash for reasons other than recovery despite it's usefulness with invincibility frames. Also, counter is a great move when used properly, but I don't think I saw it used once.

Look, I'm not saying anything bad about the falcon. He played it smart for a falcon from what I can tell. But that marth was not playing to the best of marth's potential. He's really not a great marth player.

But good display of playing falcon smart I guess =b

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow, I mean seriously, your Marth isn't bad at all, but Artie was just too good.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Do you have videos of matches against OTHER characters? Marth's play style is boring and annoying. And I just loath Marth in general.

You spent a lot of time getting knocked around. Not exactly great when showing off your Falcon.

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I just have to say it. I'm not a falcon expert, but that marth was NOT an amazing marth for the record. They're not playing a brawl marth, they're trying to play a melee marth(and not exactly a great one at that).

Marth is not about fair spam anymore. Not to mention, most of the fair spam from that marth weren't even short hops? Not to mention a majority of those hits weren't tips, even at lower percents(he does get some in the 2nd video but it's not consistent enough to make me believe he's fully in control of it). Dancing blade spam was lacking since it's one of marth's best moves now. He didn't once utilize marth's dolphin slash for reasons other than recovery despite it's usefulness with invincibility frames. Also, counter is a great move when used properly, but I don't think I saw it used once.

Look, I'm not saying anything bad about the falcon. He played it smart for a falcon from what I can tell. But that marth was not playing to the best of marth's potential. He's really not a great marth player.

But good display of playing falcon smart I guess =b

check out more video sbeforce you jude people.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
check out more videos before you judge people.
(fixed spelling errors =])

I don't have anything against you. I'm not saying your a horrible marth player either. I'm just saying that there's room for improvement. I would break down your gameplay but this would be the wrong place to do it. The marth boards would happily critique you. But don't get me wrong, you have a lot of stuff going for you. I just think it wouldn't be fair to say that you are an AMAZING marth(I'm not an amazing marth either). Sorry, the comments saying you were sorta got to me. You have a good marth, and I hope you do improve. Don't take my post too personally.

And as a side note, I do think I've watched a sufficient amount of marth videos. The marth video sticky in their board is pretty good source, as are emblem lord and steel36's face offs. Just in general going through the marth boards you can find good videos, and allisbrawl has some(though I do think smashboards has a bit more than there). Anyways, I've watched a majority of those videos in case you were questioning my experience in watching marth videos. I'll admit, you have a better marth than me, so I'm not insulting you in the least. I guess I'm just voicing my thoughts that marth is still much better than falcon(sorry falcon mainers...he's just not there yet :ohwell:).

Anyways, I hate to go off topic so good falcon. I was loving the knee stage spikes. =]

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
(fixed spelling errors =])

I don't have anything against you. I'm not saying your a horrible marth player either. I'm just saying that there's room for improvement. I would break down your gameplay but this would be the wrong place to do it. The marth boards would happily critique you. But don't get me wrong, you have a lot of stuff going for you. I just think it wouldn't be fair to say that you are an AMAZING marth(I'm not an amazing marth either). Sorry, the comments saying you were sorta got to me. You have a good marth, and I hope you do improve. Don't take my post too personally.

And as a side note, I do think I've watched a sufficient amount of marth videos. The marth video sticky in their board is pretty good source, as are emblem lord and steel36's face offs. Just in general going through the marth boards you can find good videos, and allisbrawl has some(though I do think smashboards has a bit more than there). Anyways, I've watched a majority of those videos in case you were questioning my experience in watching marth videos. I'll admit, you have a better marth than me, so I'm not insulting you in the least. I guess I'm just voicing my thoughts that marth is still much better than falcon(sorry falcon mainers...he's just not there yet :ohwell:).

Anyways, I hate to go off topic so good falcon. I was loving the knee stage spikes. =]
I wasn't takeing it personally, but i just didnt what you to view my skill lvl on this video alone.

Even tho my i don't do too much better, i think i normaly play like the first part of the 2nd clip and tend to spam danceing blade alot(that's not a good thing)

But even then iam not nowere near Kizzkun or even Drago.

basicly iam Johning. >_<

:ok back ontopic

Artie needs to tell people how to time knees(since 90% of the time they sweetspot)

RabidClone

Smash Rookie
So many sucessful knees... Not only that, ledge-hopped. O_o Gives me a bit of hope for Falcon in Brawl.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Uh... Holy crap.

Now go to a dang tourney and raise CF by a few spots. =P

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
the falcon was artieboy.i think he is the only falcon to tie with banana trooper.if you are reading this artieboy i want to challenge you.
You guys will see a differnt match up from us soon. but any way ill accept the challeng but ill tell you know. I SUCK on wifi ill 75% of the time blame the lose on button delay. but give me some time to play you.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
You guys will see a differnt match up from us soon. but any way ill accept the challeng but ill tell you know. I SUCK on wifi ill 75% of the time blame the lose on button delay. but give me some time to play you.
ok.heres my fc 1504-6331-2320,i probably wont be playing for a few days because my router broke. and i need your fc too.

LilWeegi

Smash Cadet
very nice both of you... i.d say 8.5-9 for marth and 9-9.5 for falcon very nice job!

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
that falco was just sick crazy knee's from the ledge. Your marth was alright but just use dancing blades a little more and his counter. great vid and seen the other ones aswell keep it up

Iwan

Smash Ace
Only thing I'd suggest, Artie, is that when your opponent is edge guarding you from the ledge...don't go for the ledge hopped knee. He blocked it everytime in the videos...ledge hop your Up B. It goes through shields.

Nice ledge hopped knees on marth's lagtastic post recovery though. Good stuff.

iceclimbersinfinent

Smash Apprentice
im sorry but i have to say this being an ic main, those ics were terrible and all they did was try to cg, and they missed all the grabs, and did not desynch, ran into those smashes, and the marth player was kind of bad, and you have a pretty good falcon

i would reccoment not playing people who are that bad

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
im sorry but i have to say this being an ic main, those ics were terrible and all they did was try to cg, and they missed all the grabs, and did not desynch, ran into those smashes, and the marth player was kind of bad, and you have a pretty good falcon

i would reccoment not playing people who are that bad
Stick to the IC dont rate the marth...

Top Bottom