• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you guys getting the Japanese version first?

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I know I am. I need that edge up on the competition.

2 questions...

1. how are you gonna play it? u got japanese wii or modchip?

2. if u are ordering it from japan, how do you know it will be @ your house b4 the us release? or even soon enough to play b4 the us release?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'll hold out i don't want to go through all the effort of getting the *** one and working at getting stuff in that just to have to do it again.

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
nope not going to import a wii for it, if i worked on the usa wii i would, but u need a japanese wii too... And i would rather wait 2 weeks. I dont need 2 weeks to get better, i will already be very good as it is. If it was like a month difference i would.

Haddad-07

Smash Cadet
nope not going to import a wii for it, if i worked on the usa wii i would, but u need a japanese wii too... And i would rather wait 2 weeks. I dont need 2 weeks to get better, i will already be very good as it is. If it was like a month difference i would.
You couldn't wait a month. I could, nothing would make me import unless it was a year or somethin. Seriously, all the n00bs are impatient. And the japanese aren't the best neither the american. All countries have good players, don't forget about europe( and Northern Ireland ).

dragonairex

Smash Apprentice
It's nice to know that I won't be alone in getting the Japanese version of Brawl. However, dragonairex, don't expect to see any kanji in this game outside of the title screen. Even The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass for the DS had a feature where you could touch kanji to see the readings in hiragana.
Well Melee had Kanji...
katagana is also fit for me :laugh:

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Wow just I'll wait the 2 weeks like a normal human.

In fact. I'll be first in line to see if 2 weeks really even helped you.

Feb 10th. You and me big guy.

X-DS

Smash Cadet
Living in Japan, have a Japanese Wii, so naturally I'll be getting the Japanese version the second it's available.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
I placed my pre-order for the Japanese version yesterday.

Should be arriving about the time I get back from my family holiday. :D

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
No way I would do that. Especially for the "2 weeks of extra playing to gain an edge on the competition". Will 2 weeks really make a difference after a year?

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord
no that would be lame i mean if you played the japanese.....you may unlock a few characters and stages and then the U.S version comes out then you buy it and then you have to unlock all the chracters and stages and whatever hidden things in the game

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
If only I had a Japanese Wii and understood Japanese, then I would of imported Brawl. But, I will wait for the US version.

Rash

Smash Ace
I'm getting it too. All the people flaming him are jealous.
Hardly. Yeah, the flaming is over the top a little, but it's not wrong for the idea of getting the game only a couple of weeks early (in a different language, no less) and even spending extra money to do so to seem...wrong.

I'm in college, so time really flies by because of the workload. My mind will surely be on Brawl for the few weeks before its release in the U.S., but there's not enough of a temptation to buy the game early, pay extra money, and play it in a language I don't know just to get a few more days of time in. Super Smash Brothers Brawl is a game that's going to last a long time. The couple of weeks between the Japanese and U.S. releases is but a tiny fraction of the amount of time that the game will be played over the lifespan of the Wii and therefore doesn't mean much to me at all.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I've already got my Japanese Wii ready to go, with an express shipping order from Play-Asia.

I'm hoping to find an avid Japanese player in Japan to upload a 4-5 day old save when it arrives so I can get a jump start on unlocking.

Austin area peeps welcome to swing by and play. Touch bases with me via PM

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I live in Europe and I've already got a Japanese Wii, because there's no way I'm waiting until Summer to play Brawl. I'll probably have it by about the 26th... I hope...

I'm hoping to find an avid Japanese player in Japan to upload a 4-5 day old save when it arrives so I can get a jump start on unlocking.
Dude... that's the laziest thing I've ever heard. Unlocking is part of the fun of Smash! What are you thinking!?

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
nooo DONT buy the *** version first nintendo is region locked @____@ i had a huge problem with this before, i bought a 50$ wii game from japan and they wouldnt let me return it, i was stuck with a game that doesnt work @_@

Top Bottom