• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you guys getting the Japanese version first?

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
To Rash: Well I feel it's a gimmick with the so-called "innovation" which has been done but not to this extent so good call by Nintendo for evolving to appeal. Secondly, It really doesn't have that many killer apps coming out in the future that would appeal to me, or keep my interest for long. Third, I feel the 360 has more going for it since it has more options with it I actually like, and me not being that hardcore like I use to be. But I'm semi-hardcore gamer. For example, customizable tracks: imagine Nights Into Dreams mixed with some of your own music. Would be nice wouldn't it? Umm let's see. It has the Xbox Live arcade games that I like that I grew up on..that are not limited to the official developing company. Like TMNT, Super Turbo HD, Hyper Fighting, Puzzle Fighter, Ikaruga (coming soon), Castle Shikigami, and etc. I don't care about graphics at all..but it's nice to have a good looking game on your tv to show off the specs which 360 kinda sorta rivals the expensive Oldsmobile, George Foreman Grill they call a PS3 which is also a crap system. Wii just doesn't fit Mii. lol. But I will also be buying Nights Into Dreams now that I think about it.

"Commencing Un-derailing to get back on track": All of you who do decide to order it should send me an invitation or your wii number so we could play each other, or team up to play against the japanese.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
i'll wait for the NA version.

But,if whoever gets the Japananeese version, can't they just change the language to english????It'd be like getting the NA version 2 weeks early.:confused:

parkermortensen

Smash Cadet
I personally think the only reason to import a JapSBBB is to say, "I played it two weeks earlier than everyone else!"; the only other reason I can think of is because you're horribly impatient to have to wait two weeks and three days.

I know nothing about who you are, Vigilant Gambit, so whether that's your attitude or not, I'm not calling you out or anything.

mattt

Smash Rookie
i'll most likely be importing... but not from america, not japan, as the UK dosent even have a release date for the game yet, and i have feeling even after the release date is annonoced, it will still be delayed further

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
Although I'm not getting the japanese version, I will be getting the American most likely, as there is no European release date in sight. I'd buy the american + a WiiKey thingy if Brawl doesn't come out in the third month in Europe. And that's most likely the case, thanks to NoE's amazing localization skills.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
I personally think the only reason to import a JapSBBB is to say, "I played it two weeks earlier than everyone else!"; the only other reason I can think of is because you're horribly impatient to have to wait two weeks and three days.

I know nothing about who you are, Vigilant Gambit, so whether that's your attitude or not, I'm not calling you out or anything.
i bet that's what he's gonna do.if someone played at E-for all,they can say "I played it months earlier!":laugh:Anyway, just wait for the NA version,that way you can know which menu you are going to instead of looking for the options and then winding up in the vs mode screen.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
it shouldn't matter. I'll play it early just cuz. I haven't spent money on a good game in like a year anyhow.

AND AS I RECALL,: (, Half of you smashers only play Smash and own smash as your only game. So how is this a problem unless you already have a wii, I wonder? >.>

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
OP is getting a lot of negative feedback and its understandable as its true. Two weeks of smash early on won't really give him the advantage for more then one week or so. But i think that deep down some are flaming out of jealousy.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
It's nice to know that I won't be alone in getting the Japanese version of Brawl. However, dragonairex, don't expect to see any kanji in this game outside of the title screen. Even The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass for the DS had a feature where you could touch kanji to see the readings in hiragana.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
Yes Vigilant, you got 2 weeks to discover crap the Japanese are going to discover and plaster on the Internets for us to know. Just wait and be content with the plethora of leaks and youtube videos to come that day.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
As I have a JP Wii...I'll be getting Dairantou Smash Bros. X. I plan to also be making vids, and any one who plans to be around my neck of the woods (UMBC, Maryland) is welcome to help me break this game in (and unlock stuff for me, because I'll probably get lazy after a while :lol).

But any way, I think the language barrier thing is being puffed up needlessly. Even if the case happens that this game doesn't have the English language option...it's still a fighting game. Fighting games, 95% of the time, are usually so straight forward, you'll often forget that you bought the game in another language. And this game doesn't seem to be any different in that light, especially since the most complex reading that may be required will be for simplistic menu navigation and reading Figure/Trophy profiles.

So, even though I do have like 5 years of Japanese language comprehension under my belt...I ain't worried in the least.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Hey, it's a fellow Waffler. A friend of mine is "obtaining" a copy of the Japanese game and I might spend a week or so at his house playing it >_>

EDIT: Wow, I just read this thread, and all of that flaming...Brawl Discussion continues to prove why its the worst board on this site =\

And I actually expected this to be a simple yes or no thread, but it has evolved into a immature flame filled craptacualar.

You guys need to leave him alone, he's paying good money for this, and he is free to do whatever the hell he wants without needing bountiful amounts of supervision from people over the internet. You can either take the offer he has made, or disregaurd the option and continue with your lives.

Whether or not he has the income to afford this or if he wanted a "head start" is of no concern to you. You people aren't his finantial advisors, so quit quareling
about what the hell he's doing.

Grow up people.

@Topic Creator: I hope you have a great time playing Brawl, congratulations.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
It's nice to know that I won't be alone in getting the Japanese version of Brawl. However, dragonairex, don't expect to see any kanji in this game outside of the title screen. Even The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass for the DS had a feature where you could touch kanji to see the readings in hiragana.
Actually, looking at the movies on the Dojo (Specifically the Snake Codec Conversations), Kanji will be used as per normal but they'll all possess furigana.

Which is fantastic. (You have no idea how much I wish FE:Radiant Dawn had furigana. >_<)

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
Naw, I won't import it. I always freak out when I can't read everything on the screen.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
I personally won't.. but I'm looking forward to your videos.
And please stop flaming, we got enough spam & flame in the last days~

TomH

Smash Journeyman
Its funny, i didnt hear any flaming of people who paid over $200 in order to play the game for 3 days at E for All...I live in DC, and if i had not just recently started a job, thus forcing me to stay here, i probably wouldve shelled out nearly 500 dollars to go to LA, go to E for All, and come back so that i could play the game early. But when im in the 2 week window, i can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and i can wait. Its kind of like when you see those people run 26 miles, but still spring the last 200 meters. When you are nearing the end, hope can pull you thru :-P. Nonetheless i dont flame those who cant, because i can understand why its worth 50 extra bucks (or whatever it is after exchange rate and such...) to play the game 2 weeks early. If i could pay 100 dollars to get the original english version game today, or even on the japanese release date...id probably pay it.

Darkurai

Smash Master
The money that it would cost to import a Wii and Brawl is not worth playing the game two weeks early.

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
Well there is a key to it. The Japanese version actully has good singers, and comes out earily. Take a look at the Ashly song for instants. Thats ultimate proof. Compared to japanese version, NA is weak. But Still... I will wait because I AM NOT GOIN TO JAPAN!!! (Because it is far away) Its Worth the wait.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
i could really care less when i get the game, i also don't give a flying **** how good i am a ssbb, its just a video game. Do yourself a favor thread creator and wait a whole two weeks and save some money.I really don't understand "competitive players" its a videogame. What are you proving when your the best at a videogame. That you would rather spend millions of hours playing something that you diddn't even help create rather than having a life, and being productive.
what's the point of being better at a sport? it's just a sport.

sometimes people like you are just hard to understand.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking forward to battling you online in January, CyberBenX4.
If I get my network hooked up by then...

But on the whole, I'm not that pressed about playing online. Not when I can get plenty of action around my way. As I said before, January 24th is going to be "launch party day" for me and my pals. And we're going to have great fun helping me unlock everything...

I never said I was going to be the only source of videos.
This is also true. But hey, I say that we all do our part. I mean, sure even the initial 2ch adopters won't be able to catch everything...

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
Well seeing this games popularity I'm hoping for an early leak to download. Otherwise ill be snaghung the Japanese version first thing. I still want to buy this game as soon as I can though. Also all Europe people should get mod chips. Their is no reason for such a delay. If Sony and Microsoft can consittantly release gamEs there in a week or same day.... Nintendo has no exuse.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Well, 18 words "I can't wait for the european release, when the rest of the world is playing it, already."

I'm not going to get the japanese version but my friend very likely will. and then he'll be getting the english version and we'll play that.
And then when ti finally comes out here, we'll buy it, because this game deserves to be bought just for you to have ift physically in your living room.

Top Bottom